Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I tried wowup. didn't like it. downloaded overwolf, disabled a bunch of stuff in it and its pretty perfect.
    Btw you dont need to download overwolf separately, you can just download curseforge that will install both apps. As for disabling stuff if someone is worried about his useless data:

https://i.imgur.com/RuFX1EB.png
    https://i.imgur.com/hy1WnHL.png

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Yes, yes. Just like those "sheep" who trust vaccines. You, on the other hand, have done the "real research."

Lmao.
    Its the other way around. "sheeps" who think their opinions taken out of their ass is more reliable than facts.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    If you think overwolf is any of the problem you should immediately delete facebook account, start using VPN, disable javascript and cookie support in browser.
    People should be doing this kinda stuff anyway. Facebook was garbage since inception, & while something like Noscript might be a pain to use initially, controlling what sites can & cannot have running on your system is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Do you have a source for those allegations? What I read was Overwolf was problematic in its privacy protections and datamining, not that they're malware or anything that would reasonably be called "malicious".
    Let's say it was already sketchy when it was an overlay for hearthstone, so i personally simply don't trust them. If it was only a client with ads ok, but it gathers too much data in my oppinion.

Started with Wowup and switched to Ajour. I'm loving Ajour, its extremely light weight and works perfectly.

I will never download anything with overwolf.

If you think overwolf is any of the problem you should immediately delete facebook account, start using VPN, disable javascript and cookie support in browser.

This is also all good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Let's say it was already sketchy when it was an overlay for hearthstone, so i personally simply don't trust them. If it was only a client with ads ok, but it gathers too much data in my oppinion.
    It actually gathers less data than usual websites you visit. And you can opt out of it unlike websites.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    This is also all good advice.
    Don't forget about using paper money and not do any online shopping. Since its way more privacy invading.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    People should be doing this kinda stuff anyway. Facebook was garbage since inception, & while something like Noscript might be a pain to use initially, controlling what sites can & cannot have running on your system is awesome.
    The problem is, the same people that use facebook complain about data privacy from overwolf which is just dumb.

Its the other way around. "sheeps" who think their opinions taken out of their ass is more reliable than facts.
    The facts have already been presented and they go against your little theory. Listen pal, I could care less if you want to be misinformed and keep utilizing malicious programs from bad companies. I just think it's funny how much you sound like an antimasker in this thread, telling people to look at """""""REAL FACTS"""""" and stop being "sheep."

You certainly fit the bill of someone who defends the likes of this kind of garbage. Have a good one.

The problem is, the same people that use facebook complain about data privacy from overwolf which is just dumb.
    Probably, fair point.

Btw you dont need to download overwolf separately, you can just download curseforge that will install both apps. As for disabling stuff if someone is worried about his useless data:

https://i.imgur.com/RuFX1EB.png
    https://i.imgur.com/hy1WnHL.png

- - - Updated - - -

yep, I just call it overwolf, since it starts both, even though I just start curseforge. disabled most of the things you have shown, I didn't see those expanded pages, because it requires a login and I do not have an account with them to login with. curseforge doesn't seem to require one to update aps, so I'm not making one. but both use data options are disabled, as well as startup option. I checked and its not running in my processes when I exit the curseforge, so... /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Yes, Noscript i a bit of a hassle to setup for each site, but it is well worth it, both in regards of security, privacy and speed of loading sites.
    Noscript combined with an ad-blocker and a good tracking blocker is so good.
    I haven't had any security issues and haven't seen an add in many years. And "evil" sites like Wowhead load insanely fast when you block all the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    The facts have already been presented and they go against your little theory. Listen pal, I could care less if you want to be misinformed and keep utilizing malicious programs from bad companies. I just think it's funny how much you sound like an antimasker in this thread, telling people to look at """""""REAL FACTS"""""" and stop being "sheep."

You certainly fit the bill of someone who defends the likes of this kind of garbage. Have a good one.
    Facts are being presented means we know what data overwolf collects, not some tinfoil histeria bullshit. Or some dumbass saying text log file has been recognized by some antivirus (LOL).
    It is you who sound like flat earther.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    yep, I just call it overwolf, since it starts both, even though I just start curseforge. disabled most of the things you have shown, I didn't see those expanded pages, because it requires a login and I do not have an account with them to login with. curseforge doesn't seem to require one to update aps, so I'm not making one. but both use data options are disabled, as well as startup option. I checked and its not running in my processes when I exit the curseforge, so... /shrug
    I am not logged in in curseforge app nor overwolf. Still see those settings.

Facts are being presented means we know what data overwolf collects, not some tinfoil histeria bullshit. Or some dumbass saying text log file has been recognized by some antivirus (LOL).
    It is you who sound like flat earther.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not logged in in curseforge app nor overwolf. Still see those settings.
    huh. interesting. cause all I see is options 1 and 2, there is no ads personalization option for me above those 2.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Yes, Noscript i a bit of a hassle to setup for each site, but it is well worth it, both in regards of security, privacy and speed of loading sites.
    Noscript combined with an ad-blocker and a good tracking blocker is so good.
    I haven't had any security issues and haven't seen an add in many years. And "evil" sites like Wowhead load insanely fast when you block all the shit.
    I can't even browse the web without Noscript anymore. Yes, maybe it takes a couple of seconds to temp allow certain scripts, but it actually gains me way more time to not have to sit and wait for all these unnecessary scripts to load that just bog my browser down and make everything run slow. I even put it on my phone web browser.

It also feels great to permanently block the facebook script from running on all sites. If people think that only harvests your data while on facebook, they don't know just how many sites run a facebook script.

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Now that Twitch officially does not support mods, what are good alternatives? Twitch says to go to Overwolf, but it has a sketchy reputation from what I was able to read online...

Any recommendations ?
    Wowup 100% small, no advertising.