Poll: Time usually played vs ammount of content

Thread: Too much to do?

Too much to do?

This thread clashes with a similar one about there being not enough content.

Between leveling, doing heroics/mythics, thorgast and the maw, renown and dailies. It's a lot of things to keep up with to stay competitive.

I wanted to chose Thorgast as my end-game content and log in to progress on it weekly. But due to the fact that it doesn't drop gear I would have to find paralel systems (Mythics/Raiding/PvP) to gear up and then progress through the towers. This is something I can't currently do.

By no means am I complaining. I just find it sad that I will not be able to keep up with the game and will probably have to quit. I do like that content is currently gated, so the disparity between casual players and people who play 24/7 shouldn't be so bad.

So far this expansion is really good. The best we've had since MoP in my opinion. I love the quality of the content, but feel that it is too much at times.

I just wanted to know how you guys find the content. Is it too much, ok, or too little? And how many hours do you play a week.

I played around 30 hours this week. I went overboard because of the expansion release and neglected real life stuff. My goal is to play around 5 hours per week.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-11-30 at 11:05 PM.

It's by no means "too much" when pitted against Legion and BfA in my book. Especially the mid-later end of BfA...

I have little time/unreliable hours to play, hit level 60 today. In 2 hours I was 161 ilvl, spamming Heroic dungeons, gonna start spamming Mythic0 and then raiding. The rest is just coming along as I play naturally, no excessive playtime at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post

Between leveling, doing heroics/mythics, thorgast and the maw, renown and dailies. It's a lot of things to keep up with to stay competitive.

I wanted to chose Thorgast as my end-game content and log in to progress on it weekly. But due to the fact that it doesn't drop gear I would have to find paralel systems (Mythics/Raiding/PvP) to gear up and then progress through the towers. This is something I can't currently do.

By no means am I complaining. I just find it sad that I will not be able to keep up with the game and will probably have to quit. I do like that content is currently gated, so the disparity between casual players and people who play 24/7 shouldn't be so bad.

I just wanted to know how you guys find the content. Is it too much, ok, or too little? And how many hours do you play a week.

I played around 30 hours this week. I went overboard because of the expansion release and neglected real life stuff. My goal is to play around 5 hours per week.
    There isn't really that much to do to stay competetive. Outside of your main content (raid, mythic+, pvp) there's only really your weekly 1k anima quest, weekly torghast runs and renown quest to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    There isn't really that much to do to stay competetive. Outside of your main content (raid, mythic+, pvp) there's only really your weekly 1k anima quest, weekly torghast runs and renown quest to do.
    Thats already 90% more of what i did in BfA to stay competitive in mythic raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post

It seems like a lot becasue its the first week and you had to level to 60 and complete some story quests to get access to

The actual weekly stuff you need to do is not a lot. then just running dungeons/BGs whatever to get your ilvl up to be ready for whatever endgame content you plan on doing.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Thats already 90% more of what i did in BfA to stay competitive in mythic raids.
    Please think twice before u post anything, u will make yourself look less like a moron.

To be competitive on mythic u had to do shit ton of weekly activities including endless azerite grind.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Then you did it wrong, since these things in shadowlands take 2h weekly and in BFA you had to farm essences/azerites (sometimes in PVP) and neck rank. and island expeditions. and sometimes even warfronts.
    take your bias somewhere else

There's a lot of stuff to do but a lot of it isn't mandatory. Stygia farming for example? Lol.. are you really going to farm that hard for an extra gem socket months down the road? Very low priority. Dailies / rep vendor? Honestly, I've almost never seen a reward that was worth going out to do a world quest since I don't have flying/flight whistle anymore.

I'm glad I can just do battlegrounds, dungeons, raids, torghast and ignore pretty much everything else this expansion. The renown caps out every week anyway and I don't feel like it really requires much grinding to hit the cap. Maybe the first week is different since most of the progress of getting to renown 2 was made by just leveling and unlocking the covenant itself. Renown 3 was made easier by 1-time dungeon rewards as well such as the revenreth dungeon quest reward giving 750/1000 anima for the quest already. It probably won't be as easy as in the future. I'll have to see how it goes in the coming weeks.

I've pretty much ignored world quests this week besides a few that had a slight gear upgrade/soulbind I didn't have yet so hopefully it's not a big deal.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-11-30 at 11:17 PM.

Whatever happened to “having fun” being the whole point? This I “need to do” things or I “have to do x amount every y number of days” way of seeing the game has ruined it for many players.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Whatever happened to “having fun” being the whole point? This I “need to do” things or I “have to do x amount every y number of days” way of seeing the game has ruined it for many players.
    Because it isn't fun to sit on the bench I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t feel overwhelmed at this point with a Warlock and Mage at level 60, and I don’t feel I’m going to fall appreciably behind in a way I would in some prior expansions - especially the last two - playing more hours with only one character at max level. It feels progress is paced better, but there is still an absolute ton of stuff I could do if I wanted to.

For the first time I actually feel like I can actually just enjoy the ride, while still having time for other real life distractions and not feel like I’m stuck staying up till 2am just to keep up. I can just put the game down and go to bed - but I do actually want to log on and play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just leveled up to 60. I did not even completed the Revendreth zone to be able to pick up a covenant. But I don't mind to be slow or behind. I embrace totally my "casualness".