Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    I’m enjoying it so far, but there could be improvements. Getting a mount for the Maw will be a game changer, but once we get one, will we still have a need to be there? Torghast is not as fun as I’d hoped, but it’s not bad; one big improvement? Greater chance for materials either as drops or as anima powers.

World quests definitely feel tedious. There may be a five line between too tedious and too easy, but they have not found it yet.

Ardenweald is a stunning achievement in design, but Revendreth is awesome in every way. Bastion and Maldraxxus aren’t as enjoyable to me.

but the whole starting experience is way better than BfA. Not as good as Legion though.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    It surely has
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think I agree.
    I mean, the story is a mess, but it's been bad since like, Cata, or even Wrath (yeah, Arthas, memby WC3? cool).

The launch was smooth, with only maybe 2-3 disconnects so far, leveling was fun with each zone having a decent story (aside from the nonsense part, mentioned above), and the covenant stuff doesn't look as game breaking as it was in earlier iterations.
    Sure, my covenant ability is in my top 10 of damage done, but it's far from being Twilight Devastation (thank god).

I am one of the few who likes the Maw the way it is; but then again, I am a druid so... gogo gadget mount-form.
    The threat of losing stygia if you die (you can get it back by recovering your corpse) adds some danger to it, and the rares and such are strong and feel dangerous (I'm sure that will change once I have full heroic/mythic gear ofc).

The only thing I would change is the travel system.
    Like, I get it, it's cool we're hitting the "in between" and whatnot, but it's basically a rip from TERA where you fly into a gate, take the super highway, end up at the next place.
    If in 9.1 they change it to be "hit the gate, come out the other side in the zone", that would be nice.
    The zones feel so disconnected right now (I mean, yeah, they are diff planes and whatnot), but skipping the shiny highway would kinda make them feel closer and more of a connected world instead of just a big instance.

SL is fun indeed, there is little to complain about, I already look forward to reset (EU) and have my 2nd character ready to lvl up soon.

Same here. So far so good. I am loving it. I just hope they can keep the story centered and not all over the place like BFA. Which felt like I was looking at Soap Opera with its many story lines. Let's keep our fingers that they keep up the good work.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's clear to me now, I shouldn't have returned after 5 years. I'm not really finding anything in-game to be entertaining and I absolutely hate the maw. But if Cyberpunk doesn't maintain my attention span then it means I'm likely done with gaming rather than it being Shadowlands is bad. The only thing I want from SL is the season 1 Keymaster mount but my motivation just isn't there tbh. I'm even playing a new class (MM Hunter) for the first time at launch as I've mained a Paladin since 2005 and I think that's the literal only sliver of interest I have left in the game.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

now if they could just get rid of the lag....

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The standard for good would be something like WoD launch, where a TON of players came back and the playerbase quite obviously exploded. And even then, they quickly shed all of those players and more because endgame sucked.
    Am I insane, or is your standard for good literally the standard for bad? Players came, sure, great, but that means nothing - they left quickly, because game was bad. Probably won't happen now, since opinions are mostly good, and opinions are the only thing that matter - even if the game was in an objectively tragic state (it's not, but hypothetically), if opinions on the internet were good, the sheeple would get influenced by those as they always do, and it would turn into a neverending praise circle. Kinda like with BfA, but the opposite of it.

You gonna jynx it now. :P

Well, i don't go as far as saying it's really good cause it's still lacking and anima is still AP in a way and it makes me dislike it.
    If anima was removed, i'd say it's good.

But, still. It's early. We will have to see how these systems mature.

Update: so I was wrong about WQ rewards; I just caught it on a bad day, and they are offering decent gear (for me, anyway). So, +1.

Looks very promising so far... but it is much too early to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I'm very "on top" of news and game systems etc, but I feel rather... confused. Maybe I'm getting old... It's also been the first expansion where I didn't enjoy 100% of the leveling experience. Only 50%. Hoping that'll change with Threads of Fate as they tune it to be less of a bitch-ass grind... Pardon my french, but the term fits when it comes to bonus objective completion rates.

Have been enjoying myself at max level though, and I feel so SO much less stressed, which is amazing.
    this system is only useable for a premade grp you can push 50-60 in 4 hrs with Threads of Fate dungeon spam
    I.O BFA Season 3