View Poll Results: Which third party closely aligns with your values?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Constitution Party

0 0%
  • Green Party

6 50.00%
  • Libertarian Party

3 25.00%
  • Reform Party

3 25.00%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Third Party Let's finally talk about it.

So my Question is, outside of the 2 party system in the U.S, Democrat or Republican, what party in your experience closer matches your political alignment?

For me I am ok with Practical Government big or small, I am less concerned with size as much as function, if the government is bigger, than great accountability and auditing by the general populace.

Government's role in my opinion is to provide national defense and supplement infrastructure, roads, zoning, education, criminal education, regulation of industry environment including healthcare.

The closest Party Might be the Independence Part of Minnesota, which really doesn't exist anymore, so for the most part no.

And maybe more importantly, IF there isn't a political party to that reflects your core values, what kind of party would you propose, and what should it look like?

I would personally like to see a Liberal Party separate from the Democratic Party IF such a Party could ever exist.

I recognize this thread might be a bit U.S Centric so PLEASE by all means if this doesn't relate please include your own country or nation and if it U.S politics does effect you anyway please feel free to share your opinions on Political Parties.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

A third party will never get anywhere with the EC in place.

I wanted to vote third party, but their stances generally read as "that's okay, that's a neat idea, hmmm that one's a bit weird, holy fucking shit no." So, spite vote for Yang.

There are only 3 parties I know about Green, Libertarian, and... I think it's the tax payers party? Or did they change their name? There is some local party which has changed names one was about the constitution and the other was about taxes I can't remember which is the old one and which is the new one.

Anyways I know Libertarians the best while they seem rational Libertarian policies are actually fairly terrible. At best Libertarianism can be described on a scale of lazy at best and at worst it's anarchy.

Green I should like the idea of but I find myself not liking the party any time I look into them.

Then the local party is radical radical right wing extremists that despite naming themselves something about the constitution (at least at some point) actually want to destroy it.

You'd better add Trump party there as well. He has already carved out a good chunk of GOP into an extremist cult. I am sure if he doesn't go to jail somehow, he will run again in 2024 under a new banner or party name. So, there you go, there is your third party you were looking for!

The rent is too damn high

Remove the first past the post electoral style and a third party might work.

Until that is accomplished, no reason to talk about anything, it'll never work with our current voting system.
    "Nazis are like cats. If they like you, it's probably because you're feeding them." -John Oliver
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I don't care if he committed tax fraud. Scoring political victories and crushing the aspirations of your political opponents is more important than adhering to moral principles.
    Knadra finally just admitting Trumpkins care more about political victories than morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Remove the first past the post electoral style and a third party might work.

Until that is accomplished, no reason to talk about anything, it'll never work with our current voting system.
    And also... who is going to implement it? The Democratic Party and Republican Party are never going to open up the stage for third parties.

Ironically it seems to be what the USA needs the most, to be able to counter the extreme polarization it suffers from, but it's systems are not setup to achieve the solution it needs.
    - The One and Only, the Legendary, the Mighty - You might recognize me from the forum signatures of lesser mortals obsessed with me. -
    Vexing little man-babies and normies on the internet since before you were born.

The Electoral College will never let this happen.

It's not just the EC that would have to go. You would also have to change the way we vote to a rated voting system. Where we vote for multiple candidates in a Tier'd list.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    It's not just the EC that would have to go. You would also have to change the way we vote to a rated voting system. Where we vote for multiple candidates in a Tier'd list.
    I think there is a couple states that are starting to do this tiered voting system.

Bring back the ‘Know nothing’ party!!! The most honest political party in history...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rmfAcc View Post
    And also... who is going to implement it? The Democratic Party and Republican Party are never going to open up the stage for third parties.
    Write it down kids... 1992 is never going to happen...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Perot
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-12-01 at 12:35 PM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Bring back the ‘Know nothing’ party!!! The most honest political party in history...

- - - Updated - - -

Remind me again how many terms he served as President. Or how many EC votes he won.

Nm, I remember now. The answers are the same! Zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Remind me again how many terms he served as President. Or how many EC votes he won.

Nm, I remember now. The answers are the same! Zero.
    He was on the stage during the debates, without having democrats or republicans let him.
    As above, so below.
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

He was on the stage during the debates, without having democrats or republicans let him.
    I don’t think they meant the debate stage, more the actual national stage where they matter.

Quote Originally Posted by rmfAcc View Post
    The Democratic Party and Republican Party are never going to open up the stage for third parties.
    The legislative arm of government has effectively no real form of review when the executive is drawn from their ranks and the judicial is subservient to it (because not being mad up of politicians it actually has integrity).
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

That just emphasizes the fact that money is the real controlling interest. And that should point everyone in that direction; its not the EC, it's not how people vote, it's always about financing campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I don’t think they meant the debate stage, more the actual national stage where they matter.
    What’s the metric? He was on the ballot in every state... participated in debates... was leading national polling in June of the year and ended up with nearly 20% of the popular vote. That reform party in the OP... guess who that is...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Seriously?
    Yes... super serial...

Reality... scary... sorry...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That just emphasizes the fact that money is the real controlling interest. And that should point everyone in that direction; its not the EC, it's not how people vote, it's always about financing campaigns.
    Oh, totally... look at out current president... but, EC is part of the mechanism that enables them... again... look at our current president.
    As above, so below.
    My body is a wonderland.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    A third party will never get anywhere with the EC in place.
    Pretty much this not to mention both parties have put gigantic barriers in place after a few close calls so that it never happens again. A third party candidate would not even be able to get on the TV debates let alone have the funding to overcome the obstacles.