Poll: Which third party closely aligns with your values?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by sandstill View Post
    It seems like literally every election you get a lot of people saying this is as if it were some incredible revelation they just thought of.

People have been doing this for a century. It doesn't work. It led to Trump and now Biden's victory, two of the worst human beings I can think of let alone amongst poiticians. You essentially get a neo-liberal dictatorship where you get a meaningless choice between two parties with identical policies.
    And what would have happened if people voted for Don Blankenship (Constitution Party) or Jo Jorgensen (Libertarian Party) or Howie Hawkins (Green Party) had any of them made it on every state ballot?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And what would have happened if people voted for Don Blankenship (Constitution Party) or Jo Jorgensen (Libertarian Party) or Howie Hawkins (Green Party) had any of them made it on every state ballot?
    You would have had a different president.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would have had a different president.
    Not with Jorgensen... Trump supporters are blaming him for a couple of losses, since he pulled conservatives. If he had a greater representation, Biden would have had a wider margin of victory.

Edit: Correction... She...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like literally every election you get a lot of people saying this is as if it were some incredible revelation they just thought of.

People have been doing this for a century. It doesn't work. It led to Trump and now Biden's victory, two of the worst human beings I can think of let alone amongst poiticians. You essentially get a neo-liberal dictatorship where you get a meaningless choice between two parties with identical policies.
    And the POTUS is, in many senses, the smallest problem.
    If you want change, you'll get it on the local and state level. Not from the office of the president. In the meantime you just want to make sure you don't get a surpreme court that'll crush unions (even more). To just use one example.
    And don't claim both parties are the same. One of them is pushing to make using prison labour as defacto slavery to be constitutionally illegal. The other isn't.
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Hey remember that Angus King guy I mentioned? The Independent Senator from Maine. Before that he was the Independent Governor of Maine for two terms. And he was elected before Jesse was. He is still well liked enough that he won both of his senate campaigns easily.

Fun fact: In his first Gubernatorial election he crushed Susan Collins.
    Yes Angus King back in 1993 ok you are right, but how does that contrast with what I said except for Ventura not being the first. That was near 30 years ago, How has Angus or any other independent translated into growing or building a 3rd party as I said?

Because by your metric or mine it hasn't.

Prevailing my point that 3rd Parties don't fix or solve anything, and they don't translate into other candidates.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Throw in there all of them being on the stage at a debate or the media not going " The TWO candidates for President are..." might help some as well.