Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
11
19
20
21
  1. #401
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I really hope they will do players a solid and:

    a. Allow mounts there soon.
    b. Make it tri-daily or maybe even weekly cap instead, so I am not forced to do this cancer daily. The shit is not even hard, it's just a massive waste of time.
    Starting next week you can push to get the mount from Torghast that'll work in the Maw. The problem is going to invalidate itself for players willing to put in the work.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  2. #402
    The Insane Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    15,947
    Maw seems fine to me it’s not hard if you can do basic stuff like stun mobs or move out of things and with the mobs you can kill for the mounts it’s not hard to get around even as a fat slow pally.

  3. #403
    Bloodsail Admiral Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,060
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    That's not a game problem. That's a you problem.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quick.... what's the title of this thread?
    Something I disagree with and I never made this thread so why are you telling me?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Ah, I get it. So you want players to look at it and pass it off as "not content" because it doesn't give player power. THEN later complain that they're "forced" to do it when they do add power to it in response to people doing it for fun.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Read the name of the thread in which you are posting, my friend.
    Same as above

  4. #404
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Something I disagree with and I never made this thread so why are you telling me?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Same as above
    We're telling you because you're going off-topic and seem to be intentionally derailing the thread? Maybe?
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  5. #405
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    idk because I bought a videogame to have fun? Going to hell in Diablo was pretty fun.
    Don't you worry, that will be fixed with the release of Diablo Immortal.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

  6. #406
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    idk because I bought a videogame to have fun? Going to hell in Diablo was pretty fun.
    If you want to have fun then what are you doing in the Maw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    B) Torghast is the coolest thing Blizzard has produced

  7. #407
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Sockets the ability to upgrade certain conduits otherwise gated to renowned. You know the rewards people have mentioned multiple times now...
    Neither of which is Maw exclusive. You can get socketed gear from other sources, and that's just one way to get conduits that isn't exactly terribly efficient either.

  8. #408
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    27,692
    ... Is it mandatory though?

    I've more or less ignored it, only doing dailies and the quests that leads into it. Beyond that, I am just doing Torghast, Callings, farming herbs/ore and that [INSERT VERY COLORFUL LANGUAGE HERE] legendary item that I need...

    What exactly will I miss out on by NOT spending all the time possible in the Maw...?
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    2021: Great! Now we can't tell whether news reports are from the US or Belarus other than by hearing "Trump" or "Maga" in there...

  9. #409
    My problem with the Maw, and a coupe of other places, is how hard everything hits as I gear up. I enjoy a challenge and don’t expect to faceroll at 171 but when I see that unexpected third or fourth mob roll over I know I’m screwed.

  10. #410
    Elemental Lord Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    My problem with the Maw, and a coupe of other places, is how hard everything hits as I gear up. I enjoy a challenge and don’t expect to faceroll at 171 but when I see that unexpected third or fourth mob roll over I know I’m screwed.
    That's actually kind of what I like about it. The threat of losing Stygia and the fact you can get overwhelmed if you aren't careful creates some very real tension.

    I only just got my main to max and unlocked it yesterday (very busy lately), and stayed up late trying to get Maw and Torghast progression before today's reset. Which involved doing a few of Ven'ari's quests at Eye of the Jailer t4 and t5 and clearing the first three layers of both Torghast wings at ilvl 145. I did spend most of my Stygia before going out with t5, but it was actually exciting and required me to play carefully.

    Also, at least with WM off, Torghast sort of breeds cooperation. You end up naturally just gravitating towards and helping other players because the risks are high.

  11. #411
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    That's actually kind of what I like about it. The threat of losing Stygia and the fact you can get overwhelmed if you aren't careful creates some very real tension.

    I only just got my main to max and unlocked it yesterday (very busy lately), and stayed up late trying to get Maw and Torghast progression before today's reset. Which involved doing a few of Ven'ari's quests at Eye of the Jailer t4 and t5 and clearing the first three layers of both Torghast wings at ilvl 145. I did spend most of my Stygia before going out with t5, but it was actually exciting and required me to play carefully.

    Also, at least with WM off, Torghast sort of breeds cooperation. You end up naturally just gravitating towards and helping other players because the risks are high.
    I always feel like people play a different game then I do at times. My issue with the maw is how painfully toothless it is and how much of a burden other players are.

    Careful navigate through the maw to avoid pulling mobs for max gains? Some deep runs past you trailing 20 mobs and tries to feed them into your aoe.

    If they wanted to make a dangerous zone then make a dangerous zone... not one where I'm constantly soloing elites and weekly quests since the most dangerous mob is one with a long cast that only does 10% of my hp.

    Add to that the excessive amount of cc mobs have and the penalties for killing them and its tedium taken to 11.

  12. #412
    My only problem is the lack of catch up mechanics for those who can't play daily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

    At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •