Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    How is Maw mandatory? I don't see any rewards besides socket thingy which costs gazillion of Maw money and is also rep-gated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    How is Maw mandatory? I don't see any rewards besides socket thingy which costs gazillion of Maw money and is also rep-gated.
    I think it's mandatory for covenant campaign progression, and "mandatory" for upper Torghast levels. We'll see how true that is when they come out.

That said, I think people need to toughen up and enjoy the Maw for what it is: an open-world zone that is actually dangerous. Dying has consequences. Pay attention to your surroundings, don't overstay your welcome. It's not *that* hard to do.

I think it's the biggest problem right now. The tuning is a bit too high, but more importantly the grouping system is completely broken.

It'll get better as we gear and earn the mounts, but IMO the real problem long-term is the anima grind, specifically for alts or if you swap covenants. Renown has a catch-up system, so that's fine, but anima itself currently stands to be just as much of a grind in a year as it is now.

>the name
    >the signature
    damn and people reply to this? next time he will complain that he has to push buttons...

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    I think it's mandatory for covenant campaign progression, and "mandatory" for upper Torghast levels. We'll see how true that is when they come out.
    You mean the renown weekly quest? But it takes like 5 mins to complete, just ride on the dog to the forge, collect 5 souls and TP away. There are always crowded there so you can do this without killing a sigle mob.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    they won't do shit because there is nothing hardcore about the maw once you get decent gear you'll oneshot every elite mob there and you can get mounts there from thorgast that work in the maw
    Negative. Did you not read the recent conversation with Ion? Mobs are going to scale, not only with Character level, but also ilvl. So is BFA content and Legion content. The Maw is only going to get marginally easier. You're never going to be powerful like before.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The biggest problem in SL is shitbag players who leave group after they do or don't get the drop they want (and the tiresome excuses they have for said shitbag behavior). Maw is fine.
    No. What's worst is the overt toxicity of some players that expect others to conform to their play style. I applaud players who play the game the way they want to. You have no right to expect people to stay for the whole dungeon because you want them to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No. What's worst is the overt toxicity of some players that expect others to conform to their play style. I applaud players who play the game the way they want to. You have no right to expect people to stay for the whole dungeon because you want them to.
    Actually, you do. That's the whole point of doing these things as a group. You help them get what they want, they help you get what you want. If somebody simply leaves the moment it stops being beneficial to them, the rest doesn't have a whole lot of incentive to take that person along in the first place.

You're not defending "playing how you want". You're defending forcing others to play how you want.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Ah, I get it. So you want players to look at it and pass it off as "not content" because it doesn't give player power. THEN later complain that they're "forced" to do it when they do add power to it in response to people doing it for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Read the name of the thread in which you are posting, my friend.
    I honestly don't know and don't care what drives the average wow player. The forums always have and always will be full of people complaining there is nothing to do with 1k achievement points and half the lfrs done regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    There aren't really any exclusive power rewards tied to the Maw, though, so what are you talking about?
    Sockets the ability to upgrade certain conduits otherwise gated to renowned. You know the rewards people have mentioned multiple times now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CylomDashti View Post
    Especially those mobs that randomly walk around everywhere that i feel they just put them there to daze you if you alt tab out, which of course, I'll be doing 70% of my time in the maw.
    That's not a game problem. That's a you problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    I never said it was mandatory. Nothing is mandatory. There are things you can do to improve other areas of your gameplay.
    Quick.... what's the title of this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I mean given how many mobs spam cc and how few actually pose a credible threat to the player it feels like it's a game problem.

I've been soloing most elite rares currently at 181 ilv and that is significantly worse then lfr gear. If this is what they think is threatening.. well it ain't this chief....

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I really hope they will do players a solid and:

a. Allow mounts there soon.
    b. Make it tri-daily or maybe even weekly cap instead, so I am not forced to do this cancer daily. The shit is not even hard, it's just a massive waste of time.
    Starting next week you can push to get the mount from Torghast that'll work in the Maw. The problem is going to invalidate itself for players willing to put in the work.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Maw seems fine to me it’s not hard if you can do basic stuff like stun mobs or move out of things and with the mobs you can kill for the mounts it’s not hard to get around even as a fat slow pally.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Something I disagree with and I never made this thread so why are you telling me?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Ah, I get it. So you want players to look at it and pass it off as "not content" because it doesn't give player power. THEN later complain that they're "forced" to do it when they do add power to it in response to people doing it for fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Read the name of the thread in which you are posting, my friend.
    Same as above

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Something I disagree with and I never made this thread so why are you telling me?

- - - Updated - - -

Same as above
    We're telling you because you're going off-topic and seem to be intentionally derailing the thread? Maybe?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    idk because I bought a videogame to have fun? Going to hell in Diablo was pretty fun.
    Don't you worry, that will be fixed with the release of Diablo Immortal.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    idk because I bought a videogame to have fun? Going to hell in Diablo was pretty fun.
    If you want to have fun then what are you doing in the Maw?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Sockets the ability to upgrade certain conduits otherwise gated to renowned. You know the rewards people have mentioned multiple times now...
    Neither of which is Maw exclusive. You can get socketed gear from other sources, and that's just one way to get conduits that isn't exactly terribly efficient either.

... Is it mandatory though?

I've more or less ignored it, only doing dailies and the quests that leads into it. Beyond that, I am just doing Torghast, Callings, farming herbs/ore and that [INSERT VERY COLORFUL LANGUAGE HERE] legendary item that I need...

What exactly will I miss out on by NOT spending all the time possible in the Maw...?

My problem with the Maw, and a coupe of other places, is how hard everything hits as I gear up. I enjoy a challenge and don’t expect to faceroll at 171 but when I see that unexpected third or fourth mob roll over I know I’m screwed.