Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    The best players and guilds in the world, who practised the fights for years on private servers, who practised this specific build for weeks on the PTR, went in and all wiped multiples times except for a single guild.

If you let people practice the retail fights for a month straight they would oneshot everything with no issues. For me this confirms Naxx is harder than retail.
    guilds who progres retail raids basicaly as a job usualy have acces to beta/ptr to practice in advance and still it takes days AT LEAST for the very best of them to clear the raid after literaly hundreds of wipes, but sure, people wiping in Nax couple times proves its harder...

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    It's almost like we shouldn't take 'professional' gamers clearing the raid that quickly as a indicator of how tough a raid is or something.
    Emerald Nightmare proves it wrong. It was an easy raid even for total noob raiders.

I can't believe the Apes didn't get the world first naxx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxoz View Post
    Thank god, no more vanilla threads. I feel like the BC crowd may be less insufferable, time will tell.
    You realize you go post in the Classic forum to complain about the existence of Vanilla threads ?
    Are you mentally challenged or what ?

Classic was hard, just like Pac-Man once was.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Yeah, end game raids are easy, but at least the leveling and other content are way harder in classic. And it doesn't really matter if it's hard or not. What matters is if it's fun, unlike retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    You know funny enough you can actually use pacman as a great comparison to classic wow
    First played it...was kinda difficult...but we learned more and more about it and nowadays getting a perfect game is perfectly doable to the average person if they are willing to learn and well..do it. Tech changes made it easier to access and play and datamining allowed us to figure out how the fuck this game works allowing for optimal strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    You know funny enough you can actually use pacman as a great comparison to classic wow
    First played it...was kinda difficult...but we learned more and more about it and nowadays getting a perfect game is perfectly doable to the average person if they are willing to learn and well..do it. Tech changes made it easier to access and play and datamining allowed us to figure out how the fuck this game works allowing for optimal strategies.
    Jesus, finally someone gets it. Thanks!

I go into a clickbait title under "Recent Forum Posts"
    It's not clickbait, it's literally what it says it is.
    Also, Classic posts will have the vanilla ice cream icon so that's on you.

The best players and guilds in the world, who practised the fights for years on private servers, who practised this specific build for weeks on the PTR, went in and all wiped multiples times except for a single guild.

If you let people practice the retail fights for a month straight they would oneshot everything with no issues. For me this confirms Naxx is harder than retail.
    Apes spent god knows how many months of /played on prepping for this and they still wiped several times to piss easy mechanics. You think they are good players? They aren't. They are baddies who worked very hard to get their special raid olympics participation medal. If you put a pre nerfed mythic raid in front of them I doubt they could clear it, even with months of practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    No they didnt, he enrages at 5% no matter what. I watched onslaught kill it with 3 minutes left on enrage with no world buffs cause they wiped to trash previously.
    Onslaught had full worldbuffs on Patchwerk, liar liar pants on fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lortsy12 View Post
    Yeah, end game raids are easy, but at least the leveling and other content are way harder in classic. And it doesn't really matter if it's hard or not. What matters is if it's fun, unlike retail.
    Leveling isnt hard on classic, it's tedious.
    Hi

I go into a clickbait title under "Recent Forum Posts", like most people in here probably did. I didn't actually seek out a vanilla forum you dull tool.
    So basically you're a complete idiot who can't even process "thread about Classic => probably in the Classic forum", but somehow it's somebody who is able to make this connection who is a tool ?
    Not to add that there is a big fucking icon right before each thread showing from which forum it comes, so you must be either doubly stupid or blind.

Well, I guess you illustrate it perfectly :
    But hey man! You fit my description perfectly! The irony is probably lost on you, but still.
    Indeed, some people are too dumb to get the irony of trying to lecture people when they should apply it to themselves
    Last edited by Akka; 2020-12-04 at 01:21 PM.

These players died to Heigan dance they are nowhere near the best players in the world rofl. The entire difficulty of raids comes from figuring out the fights then executing them. These fights are long since figured out and have been practiced as you said for years. They aren't hard not now that they have been figured out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheKing View Post
    "Naxx 40 is the hardest raid in the entire game" btw.

Vanilla was never hard. People just had shit gear and shit computers.
    I actually disagree with this. Put some mid tier guild on a bfa private server and have them spend a year clearing Nya and they could probably do it in sub 2 hours and that's without the stupidness that is stacked world buffs and half the raid being max geared warriors. For the time vanilla absolutely had hard raid content but the game has been ripped apart over nearly a decade to basically create perfect optimization. Yeah it's not hard if you have conditions present that were never present in the actual game but this isn't the actual game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Yes and no. Vanillas boss mechanics are still piss easy. If MoP classic were to be released, bosses like Lei Shen HC would take some time. Sure not as long as OG kill but it wouldn't be such a walk in the park like classic. There are so many things that can go wrong in more modern raids, not just 1 ability the boss does every 30 sec. Still impressive what progress did. Still baffels me how they can clear AQ40 in around 30-40 min.
    No they wouldn't not if you have players that have been clearing them for years on private servers. The hard part of raids is figuring out boss mechanics it's not like farm takes more than a day if you are at all competent this is just a farm speed run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lortsy12 View Post
    I'm one of those who cleared Naxx. We wiped a bit in there, as did even many top guilds, even though these mechanics are well known since the raid is very very old. I'm someone who quit WoW in WoD and recently started playing retail again since Shadowlands seems quite pormising.

Anyway, Naxxramas is a challenge. An LFR group or even a guild that is bad at the game wouldn't have a chance to clear this raid. Doing it with my guild was tons of fun and a challenge and it was quite different from the WotLK versio (not only in terms such as damage but in terms of different boss mechanics as well). We had a blast. Can't wait for TBC classic and Shadowlands.
    Clearing a raid in a day pretty much says it wasn't a challenge thing is wow classic is a solved game people have played it for over a decade and naxx has been available on private servers for a significant chunk of that.

Quote Originally Posted by HailToTheKing View Post
    "Naxx 40 is the hardest raid in the entire game" btw.

Vanilla was never hard. People just had shit gear and shit computers.
    This isn't Vanilla though, as these guilds have all had the entirety of Naxxramas on farm for years. The only thing they lacked was the gear.

When people say Naxxramas was the hardest raid ever, they meant for the time it was released in - general player skill and knowledge versus the difficulty of the raid. Not simply mechanically the hardest raid ever. That should be obvious and easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Except for Defias Pillagers... those bastards are dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I guess it depends on what people think is hard. You die more during classic leveling than you do on retail. Typically dying in a game means that you've failed. But I wouldn't call classic leveling particularly hard still personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    The only thing they lacked was the gear.
    Not even that, considering they stacked world buffs for what is easily worth several tiers of gear.
    Onyxia and Dire Maul buffs alone are 340 AP and 5 % CC.
    The entire T2 rogue armor is 83 strength (so 83 AP), 203 agility (so 203 AP and 6 % crit), 4 % crit and 3 % hit.
    It means that these two buffs are nearly equivalent to TWO FULL TIERS of gear. You are nearly as powerful naked with two WB than entirely decked in T2.
    And they are only two of the multiple WB available. They probably more than double or triple the power of their characters with all the WB and the stacks of consumables they use. It's just not the same game as it was designed.

Blizzard completely ruined Classic by allowing WB in instances, trivializing a content that really didn't need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Blizzard completely ruined Classic by allowing WB in instances, trivializing a content that really didn't need it.
    Agreed. That one developer even said that WB's were never intented to be mandatory or to aid people progress through a raid. They just thought they were cool. A lot of things in vanilla were designed just to be fun and cool without worrying too much about balancing.

No one's even talking about the 18 warriors.

'Muh hybrid tax' was always a meme for seething warlocks
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?