Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    we managed to do 4 bosses, took a crack at patchwork, very melty at one point I was killed by a hateful with 150 overkill, we had some hitbox issues with the MT being a tauren and having a slightly bigger hitbox causing him to get melted by a hateful. we one shot the spider wing, but we lost momentum on patchy, without the hp buffs it seemed a little close so we went for noth and heigan, nearly got heigan think we wiped on 1% a couple times. it was a fun night its nice to have some content that isn't completely faceroll, but I can see this getting very expensive very quickly. burning through consumables like crazy.

We already knew the game was laughably easy so I don't see how this could come as a surprise. I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing but if you want challenging hard raids you should do mythic raids in retail. If you don't want to be challenged and just enjoy a easy game you choose Classic or LFR depending on which version of the game you prefer.

Nice to finally get a bit of a challenge. Most guilds no longer just steamroll through the raid in one night but instead only down a couple of bosses here and there. I'm enjoying it.
    Last edited by lortsy12; 2020-12-05 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    No one's even talking about the 18 warriors.

'Muh hybrid tax' was always a meme for seething warlocks
    There's a reason they moved somewhat away from it in TBC, and completely forgot about the concept in Wrath. Hybrid tax was just an excuse to force healing capable classes to heal.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Oops that didn't take long now did it.
    Huh? I've always known that classic endgame will be easy since I played a lot on private servers back in the day, so it never really mattered to me. (though I'd prefer if they used custom boss tuning to make the raids harder). But Naxxramas seems to be somewhat challenging since people are wiping and only clearing a couple of bosses here and there per night instead of steamrolling and oneshotting everything (except for the most hardcore guilds, of course).

Still, whatever the case may be, Classic as a whole is so much more fun than anything current WoW came out with after Ulduar. Also raiding is not all there is to the game, and classic is harder than retail in all other aspects except mythic raiding . Yes, mythics are harder but does that make the game fun? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Didn't a few of the top guilds completely give up on reclearing Ghuun too? Probably just gave up because they were so easy that it was boring their members.
    A lot guilds did skip farming them but it also has to do with the fact that Jaina and especially G'huun had absolute trash loot.
    Not to mention that most guilds played G'huun on their first kill with four warlocks and didn't want to
    (1) Bring four warlocks just to farm a boss that drops trash loot
    (2) Relearn the fight with at least two locks to farm a boss that drops trash loot

Jaina was also a huge pain to farm because of how RNG could fuck you over in P2 / P3, having Icefall happening during the Blizzard (when your sight was obstructed) and it spawning right under your raid was sure as shit entertaining.
    It was later fixed, but could absolutely happen during farm.

Difficulty is one thing, but difficulty combined with extraordinary class requirements even on farm or RNG for just shit loot makes people skip those bosses.

It quite frankly reflects on the weird juxtaposition of WoW currently, Final Bosses in Classic are completely easy but drop loot that makes people lose their marbles, Mythic Retail has extremely difficult Final Bosses but their loot is utterly boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    There's a reason they moved somewhat away from it in TBC, and completely forgot about the concept in Wrath. Hybrid tax was just an excuse to force healing capable classes to heal.
    They actually admitted that the Hybrid tax was kept around until MoP (or rather removed with WoD).

Not to mention, in TBC, the "hybrid tax" was compensated by having powerful support tools.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-12-05 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    I actually disagree with this. Put some mid tier guild on a bfa private server and have them spend a year clearing Nya and they could probably do it in sub 2 hours and that's without the stupidness that is stacked world buffs and half the raid being max geared warriors. For the time vanilla absolutely had hard raid content but the game has been ripped apart over nearly a decade to basically create perfect optimization. Yeah it's not hard if you have conditions present that were never present in the actual game but this isn't the actual game.

If you gave them all their maxed out socketed corrupted gear and all the nerfs then sure.

You could let them practice 10 years though and they wouldn't even make it to N'zoth with the gear people had on week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by lortsy12 View Post
    Huh? I've always known that classic endgame will be easy since I played a lot on private servers back in the day, so it never really mattered to me. (though I'd prefer if they used custom boss tuning to make the raids harder). But Naxxramas seems to be somewhat challenging since people are wiping and only clearing a couple of bosses here and there per night instead of steamrolling and oneshotting everything (except for the most hardcore guilds, of course).

Still, whatever the case may be, Classic as a whole is so much more fun than anything current WoW came out with after Ulduar. Also raiding is not all there is to the game, and classic is harder than retail in all other aspects except mythic raiding . Yes, mythics are harder but does that make the game fun? I don't think so.
    Lol wut? Nothing in classic is even harder than normal raids and heroic dungeons in Wow. Also, my point was that you're just one of the many clamoring for TBC as soon as Classic has put everything out. When in the past many of the 'classic diehards' insisted this wasn't about getting anything besides Classic.

Naxx is crushing casual guilds far harder than AQ40. Going to be a ton of burnout with just how long the raid is + holidays coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Except for Defias Pillagers... those bastards are dangerous.
    The guys by the duskwood farms? Hah, they aren't actually "dangerous", but I can let you in on an interesting little secret I discovered:

Ever wonder why you always seem to end up fighting multiple of them no matter how hard you try to only get 1? Can't remember why, but way back in TBC I ended up in duskwood farming for something on my boomkin (can't remember what) who could 1 shot them with moonfire, and discovered that mobs like those guys are actually coded to "fill in spaces".

Basically for whatever reason, I was killing them, and I noticed that if (for example) there were 3 of them in the house, and 3 or 4 around the house, that if I killed one of the ones outside, after 30 seconds or so, one of the ones inside would move outside and take up space where the guy I killed had been standing. You could actually kill 90% of the mobs around the house on the EXACT same spot by just killing one, waiting for someone to move over to where he had been, then killing that one, and so on.

I came to the conclusion that there was some kind of coded behaviour that probably triggered as soon as you engaged one of them that would cause another one to come over to the spawn location of the first after a certain amount of time had passed. Which would go a long way to explaining why they sometimes seemed to just keep coming if you didn't kill them fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    The guys by the duskwood farms? Hah, they aren't actually "dangerous", but I can let you in on an interesting little secret I discovered:

Ever wonder why you always seem to end up fighting multiple of them no matter how hard you try to only get 1? Can't remember why, but way back in TBC I ended up in duskwood farming for something on my boomkin (can't remember what) who could 1 shot them with moonfire, and discovered that mobs like those guys are actually coded to "fill in spaces".

Basically for whatever reason, I was killing them, and I noticed that if (for example) there were 3 of them in the house, and 3 or 4 around the house, that if I killed one of the ones outside, after 30 seconds or so, one of the ones inside would move outside and take up space where the guy I killed had been standing. You could actually kill 90% of the mobs around the house on the EXACT same spot by just killing one, waiting for someone to move over to where he had been, then killing that one, and so on.

I came to the conclusion that there was some kind of coded behaviour that probably triggered as soon as you engaged one of them that would cause another one to come over to the spawn location of the first after a certain amount of time had passed. Which would go a long way to explaining why they sometimes seemed to just keep coming if you didn't kill them fast enough.
    defias pillagers are the casters in westfall

dunno why you wrote all that horseshit

Jesus, why do people STILL have this ridiculous notion that the content in Classic is *hard*?

It never was. We were just shit.
    Yet every bloody patch or new raid release, people swear *this time* it will be different, that it will be the block like in the "old days", and then the stuff gets smashed within a couple of hours on release because people have had 15 years to min/max and practice.

Christ alive, get it into your thick skulls by now.

The game ISN'T HARD.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    It litterally hurts to see how fast progress cleared that. JESUS some of the pulls, and no deaths. Back when I did a few of the bosses (guild never got to far, IIRC 5 bosses down) strategies were needed. Also the hole...tanks needs like tier3 set bonus to tank 4-horsemen or w/e...
    It was as easy back then as it is now.
    Players just sucked.

I just literally died laughing when the post was made on the 1st and the first clear was at the top of page 2 at like 1.5hrs after the raid was opened.

Tbh, I used to straight shit on people but the game literally just killed itself for classic players.

I was really hoping the raid would give people a little trouble but pretty much everyone can clear it.. yikes

Quote Originally Posted by OrcsRLame View Post
    If you gave them all their maxed out socketed corrupted gear and all the nerfs then sure.

You could let them practice 10 years though and they wouldn't even make it to N'zoth with the gear people had on week 1.
    You're right it's actually funny seeing people try to compare pre-nerf mythic nya'lotha with classic raids. Yeah people go ahead practise 10 years, then go into naxx with zero corruptions and weak ass ilvl and clear the raid + kill N'zoth in 1.5 hours? Yeah? You can't? You need to wait 3 months for gear (remember no corruption vendor) like every other decent guild? I thought so.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    >"Wait for Naxx, the REAL challenging raid"

>Raid cleared in 85 minutes

>"Nobody expected this to be challenging!"
    Go figure, a bunch of guilds that have cleared the content on private servers in 2 hours cleared it in 2 hours on classic. I'm shocked.

The normal playerbase won't be so fortunate.

And here I thought that Naxx was the ONE raid that would show all us retail plebs what difficulty looked like?

Shadowlands has more 'vanilla vibes' than Classic does imho

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post

the pillagers are the ones in Westfall, their fireballs hit for 60-90, when you only have about 250-400 hp

I wish I got to do some Naxx. I stopped in Classic a long time ago. I would totally be pumped to see these two weapons:

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=22691/corrupted-ashbringer

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=225...f-the-guardian

Unfortunately I was never a huge supporter of Classic. I love the idea of Retail getting a bunch of new timewalking items and we definitely need Classic timewalking to be thrown into the mix. Still it would've been neat to be apart of it all and I hope people has a blast doing Naxx.

This thread is fun.

Everyone NOT raiding Naxx is saying how piss easy it is.

Everyone actually raiding Naxx is saying how hard it is.