Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Naxxramas progression thread

Naxxramas is opening soon and it's time for final race in WoW Classic! I hope we see longer race this time due to sheer difficulty of Naxxramas 40.

In previous races I was too optimistic about race lenght and now I have calculated the lenght it should take for world first guild to complete the raid: 67.85 minutes calculated via difficulty multipliers, amount of yards required to walk in comparison to previous raids and much more. I hope my calculations are incorrect and we see much longer race.

What are your predictions about lenght and who will win? I think Onslaught will get it this time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Naxxramas is opening soon and it's time for final race in WoW Classic! I hope we see longer race this time due to sheer difficulty of Naxxramas 40.

In previous races I was too optimistic about race lenght and now I have calculated the lenght it should take for world first guild to complete the raid: 67.85 minutes calculated via difficulty multipliers, amount of yards required to walk in comparison to previous raids and much more. I hope my calculations are incorrect and we see much longer race.

What are your predictions about lenght and who will win? I think Onslaught will get it this time as well.
    I'm a bit more sceptical than you. I haven't been in Naxxramas for a few years but there is a bit of a walk compared to say AQ40 where you can mount inside with those special mounts. I'm probably closer to three hours for the world first.

That said: I also believed MC would take a month to be cleared by the first guilds in Classic WoW so what do I know

60-90 minutes sounds reasonable.

I was watching some Salad Bakers videos and their DBM showed they'd killed Kel'Thuzad 68 times on some private server.

SIXTY EIGHT TIMES.

It's a little silly watching "progression" that's actually farm.

To quote South Park...

And it's gone.

Like most of you guys have said it will be an hour to an hour and a half at most. This race, once again, isn’t really about who does the fights better and survives it’s really just about who is the better speed runner. Who knows how to transition from boss to boss the quickest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we're looking at an 85 minute clear time.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    To quote South Park...

And it's gone.
    Amazing episode, and very accurate here I think.

My calculations say it's going to take 111.52 minutes

If I had to bet on it, sub 2 hours. Most likely around 1:45 ish.
    CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.5Ghz Motherboard: Asus Z170-A RAM: Corsair Lpx 16gb GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970
    Case: Fractal Design Define R4 PSU: EVGA 650W M.2: Samsung 960 EVO 500gb SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Monitor: BenQ GW2765 27" Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB Keyboard: Corsair K63 Headset: Sennheiser Game One

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I was watching some Salad Bakers videos and their DBM showed they'd killed Kel'Thuzad 68 times on some private server.

SIXTY EIGHT TIMES.

It's a little silly watching "progression" that's actually farm.
    I like how ppl are dissing the content difficulty by looking at ppl that killed it a gazillion times on private servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruchia View Post
    I like how ppl are dissing the content difficulty by looking at ppl that killed it a gazillion times on private servers.
    The thing is, even discounting the Private server nerds, it will still be on farm for any halfway decent guild in basically no time. My retail guild as a classic sister guild. Some of the players in it played in vanilla, but a lot have not, and there has yet to be a raid they did not full clear the first lockout it was possible. With modern players using tools like Discord to organize server wide buff windows, and being largely more aware of what is needed by their class and role, yeah its a lot easier than vanilla where people were blind going in.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

My bet is 1hr 22min for WF.
    Personally can't wait for my guild run this sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    The thing is, even discounting the Private server nerds, it will still be on farm for any halfway decent guild in basically no time. My retail guild as a classic sister guild. Some of the players in it played in vanilla, but a lot have not, and there has yet to be a raid they did not full clear the first lockout it was possible. With modern players using tools like Discord to organize server wide buff windows, and being largely more aware of what is needed by their class and role, yeah its a lot easier than vanilla where people were blind going in.
    So who will be the difficult bosses for the casuals?

Loatheb? 4 Horsemen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post

Loatheb? 4 Horsemen?
    Thaddeus with 40 people that haven't done it before will be a real shitshow.

In WotLK with 10/25 people you have a little leeway, but with 40 it gives your raid so many more chances to fail hilariously at polarity shifts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post

Loatheb? 4 Horsemen?
    Really feel thaddeus is gonna be a meme, it will be hilarious to watch 40 people fail on it. And horsemen maybe but more like i think Sapph just for a group that didnt prep.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

i think frogger after patchwerk is going to be #1 cause of death

Quote Originally Posted by Ruchia View Post
    Nothing to do with the content difficulty, but the "progression" will be done in like an hour by guilds that have farmed it forever.

<Onslaught> 1 shotted Patchwerk the wall! Impressive

I don't know how long it takes for Kel'Thuzad to die, but i know for certain that classic dies with him.