Thread: Superman & Lois

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    The episode really exceeded my expectations which were admittedly low, as others I have reservations on the casting choice for Superman, I like the actor, loved him in Teen Wolf, but he doesn't really nail the roll, he is more Clark Kent than superman ironically x)

I have to say, when it started with the hmm montage? or whatever of the events leading upto where they are I was rather thrilled it was with them having two teenage kids, I have never read any comics nor have any desire too but watched a lot of the cartoon series, and live action shows and movies over the years so them not re-treading the same origin story for the umpteenth time really made me happy.

And the various nods to the films and to the Smallville series got me smilling, I am a rather cynical guy so its rare for me to enjoy a new series but this has me waiting for more, which after not liking the actors chosen while watching them in the arrowverse crossovers, now feels a lot better as its later on in their respective lives, like my first thought was 'why is lois so 'old' in supergirl' (not that she is like old but you know, mature to say) to which I look back in shame, its a good casting now, in my opinion.
    Might just be that the Superman story is kind of done at this point in every form imaginable hence they want to do a more Clark Kent story with a superman added to it.
    A Clark story would also be cheaper to produce then a Superman story and this would give the creators a bit more flexibility in terms of story compared to the villain of the week format.

I personally would love to see a healthy mix between Clark Kent the dad trying to teach his kids the journey to becoming Superman while at the same time Superman saving the world.

The episode really exceeded my expectations which were admittedly low, as others I have reservations on the casting choice for Superman, I like the actor, loved him in Teen Wolf, but he doesn't really nail the roll, he is more Clark Kent than superman ironically x)
    Excellent observations, but this might be the show that actually works in his favour

And I did laugh at your opening comment, it's true, it exceeded my expectations, and i had very low expectations.

I have to say, when it started with the hmm montage? or whatever of the events leading upto where they are I was rather thrilled it was with them having two teenage kids, I have never read any comics nor have any desire too but watched a lot of the cartoon series, and live action shows and movies over the years so them not re-treading the same origin story for the umpteenth time really made me happy.

And the various nods to the films and to the Smallville series got me smilling, I am a rather cynical guy so its rare for me to enjoy a new series but this has me waiting for more, which after not liking the actors chosen while watching them in the arrowverse crossovers, now feels a lot better as its later on in their respective lives, like my first thought was 'why is lois so 'old' in supergirl' (not that she is like old but you know, mature to say) to which I look back in shame, its a good casting now, in my opinion.
    Well said. I felt the same way. I am as cynical as you, but just have a different approach, I don't share my less complimentary thoughts and will watch through the junk, mildly or barely entertained, but because i seem to love that genre of entertainment

Several of the "Arrowverse" shows have been great at the start, but they all become horrendous by about season 3. I'll give this one a chance, but with 1 hand on the ripcord ready to bail.

Anyone else thought Lutor looked like a Halo cosplay?

The actor they got for this Superman doesn't have "the look." He rather looks like someone working to change my oil at Jiffy Lube. Sorry not sorry.

yikes

I liked the Batman Cameo tho

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Might just be that the Superman story is kind of done at this point in every form imaginable hence they want to do a more Clark Kent story with a superman added to it.
    A Clark story would also be cheaper to produce then a Superman story and this would give the creators a bit more flexibility in terms of story compared to the villain of the week format.

I personally would love to see a healthy mix between Clark Kent the dad trying to teach his kids the journey to becoming Superman while at the same time Superman saving the world.
    True about superman story being done but it has not stopped them regurgitating it every decade or so, While a bad way to look at it is taht its cheaper to do a dad clark than a superman series we have not seen enough yet and ultimeatly for a tv series you don't really (well i don't) tend to remmeber how amazing the effects where, you remember the story being told and how things played out, so t may not come across as blockbuster materiel but I would oddly say I am enjoying teh appraoch so far, will have to see how the future pans out.

Like with the issues the super son has, I can already forsee many different story arcs they can take it but truthfully none really appeal to me, like I imagine angst, misconceived betrayal, abuse of power and at some pioint a super villain name and costume or brainwashing etc etc, those are things I am not looking forward to but I expect are likley to happen :/

Quote Originally Posted by Qstall View Post
    yikes

I liked the Batman Cameo tho
    Ah I have two screens and was watching it but not full it seems, got the smallville nods and movie nods, think I missed this one though, what was it?

---

I wonder if its possible for his sons to manifest powers that he does not have to an extent.

Surprisingly, the first episode was really good. The characters are completely different from the crossovers and the story is emotional and mature. Did CW hire some good writers for a change? Anyway, this was just the first episode. They can always mess it up later. But I'll keep watching until they do.

I wonder if its possible for his sons to manifest powers that he does not have to an extent.
    Now that would be interesting, their version shouldn't be as strong as his, but it would nice if they could have some variation

Not that bad, considering there are two teens in the family (and teens are the worst on all tvshows).
    I liked Louis, and I hope they don't turn her into a total bitch like they do with most females these days. Maybe they actually got decent writers on this show

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Not that bad, considering there are two teens in the family (and teens are the worst on all tvshows).
    I liked Louis, and I hope they don't turn her into a total bitch like they do with most females these days. Maybe they actually got decent writers on this show
    They obviously have a long term goal too, these guys are 14, they'd be 18 by season 4, which is mid-range if it goes to 7 or 8 seasons long.

Which means it can shift focus and gear too. Even spin off if it maintains and improves on its current popularity.

Actually it will likely greatly improve on popularity if the next few episodes are as good as the first, because many people will be hearing the praises sung and will come to check it out - what hte CW is producing a semi decent super hero show? Let me check it out - and find out, oh, i really like this.

until they ruin it ofc

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the first episode and it looks to be a teen drama, but I do hope not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

That was fast, I suspect it was this that prompted Warner bros to announce the new superman too, because it gained a lot of sudden traction, so thought it was a good time to announce the new movie. I would have waited for after the Snyder cut, i feel, the news simply undermines the new release.. you feel less inclined to be engaged with it, if it appears they are just going to chuck it away.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I mean, it’s CW soooo.... yeah.
    That's what I'm worried about.

I hear good things about these episodes. But its the CW. Can we honestly hope that the CW doesn't go and "DO CW" on the show?

I'm figuring to just wait till the season is done and ask then - lol. I want it to be a good show I'll enjoy - but I dont' want to start and just have it go "CW" on me.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    That's what I'm worried about.

I hear good things about these episodes. But its the CW. Can we honestly hope that the CW doesn't go and "DO CW" on the show?

I'm figuring to just wait till the season is done and ask then - lol. I want it to be a good show I'll enjoy - but I dont' want to start and just have it go "CW" on me.
    Right there with you. I’ve felt the animated series that ran as part of the DCAU was the best iteration of Superman. After being burned on Supergirl, I’ll hold off on this one until season end. Is this the same universe as all CW now? I’m not even sure how that works as I have only loosely followed it all.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Right there with you. I’ve felt the animated series that ran as part of the DCAU was the best iteration of Superman. After being burned on Supergirl, I’ll hold off on this one until season end. Is this the same universe as all CW now? I’m not even sure how that works as I have only loosely followed it all.
    Same universe, but it's a different time. It's about 14 years into the future.

Remember in crisis/super girl, the twins are just born or something like that so this might more be in the same time line as the new arrow series.. but i'll be quite fine if they just don't overlap. it would stink up the show.

Anyway, episode 3 seems to promise a lot more teen angst, which is the usual for the CW.. I wonder if the writers would handle it well or go the cheesy route.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Same universe, but it's a different time. It's about 14 years into the future.

Remember in crisis/super girl, the twins are just born or something like that so this might more be in the same time line as the new arrow series.. but i'll be quite fine if they just don't overlap. it would stink up the show.

Anyway, episode 3 seems to promise a lot more teen angst, which is the usual for the CW.. I wonder if the writers would handle it well or go the cheesy route.
    I'm about 90% certain we are going to get Smallville 2.0 without any of the few good parts,hope I'm wrong though.

10+ Year Old Account

Hmm a bit unhappy with the development on Jordan, feels like a real big step backand its going to be a long drawn out affair. Ah well, started watching Grimm for teh first time recently and see that Lois has a history of the leading wifey x)

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Link to youtube
    Been addressed in the lore long ago I believe, but if not its as simple as him temporarily losing his powers or something, blue kryptonite was it, either way, a none issue.
    Last edited by Sorrowseer; 2021-03-08 at 05:40 PM.

I've always found it odd people expect his sperm to shoot out like a bullet.