Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Renown catch up sources

What are the sources?

Quote Originally Posted by treekush View Post
    What are the sources?
    Dungeons and Callings will give you renown.

I guess PvP content will also.

If you join a new covenant you should also gain a decent amount of renown levels by doing the campaign quests.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2021-01-08 at 08:54 AM.

My dk was weeks behind my main and was almost immediately caught up by just playing.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone tell how (more or less) fast is catch up? I plan to start second char with different covenant next week.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Definitely this thing called google is a source!
    If you have nothing to say, I suggest to use that possibilty. Because of responses like this I often google for problem and first suggestion is thread with "I have problem X" "just google it".

Once you fall behind pretty much anything you do (except the most trivial content) starts rewarding renown.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Can anyone tell how (more or less) fast is catch up? I plan to start second char with different covenant next week.
    I can't say what it is like now, but when i leveled my alt (and chapter 6 of story was as far you could get) i caught up to my main within week 1.
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2021-01-08 at 08:54 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...but then I thought my answer is genius. It gives a lazy reply to a lazy question while not only showing my contempt but also providing the valuable information that google exists.

OP gets an answer easier since you are lazy - because you don't have to create a thread here.
    OP gets the answer faster, because it pops up in under a second AND you don't have to re-fresh this page here in hopes that somebody replied.

All this in under 10 words.

Too bad I now had to make this long winding text explaining the obvious.

Still: "If you have nothing to say, I suggest to use that possibilty" is sound advice, maybe people will take it and not create useless threads or useless replies
    It' replies like this that maked me miss an upvote option in this forum.

Also, on topic.
    Callings, dungeons, sneezing, thorghast, eating, world quests.
    Pretty much anything will get you renown, when you're within catch-up range of your main.

The only exception I've seen so far would be all the already established side quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalatoby View Post
    It' replies like this that maked me miss an upvote option in this forum.

Also, on topic.
    Callings, dungeons, sneezing, thorghast, eating, world quests.
    Pretty much anything will get you renown, when you're within catch-up range of your main.

The only exception I've seen so far would be all the already established side quests.
    Hell, I was lazy and didn't do my three renown for the week before my normal wednesday night raid, and the third boss we downed gave me my last renown, so I don't need to bother gathering 1000 anima if I don't feel like it this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Yeah...but then I thought my answer is genius. It gives a lazy reply to a lazy question while not only showing my contempt but also providing the valuable information that google exists.

OP gets an answer easier since you are lazy - because you don't have to create a thread here.
    OP gets the answer faster, because it pops up in under a second AND you don't have to re-fresh this page here in hopes that somebody replied.

Still: "If you have nothing to say, I suggest to use that possibilty" is sound advice, maybe people will take it and not create useless threads or useless replies
    Why do you feel the need to educate a random person on the internet?

Do you think it will actually work? Are you expecting that OP will absorb your input and change or do you think he will just get insulted and think you are an idiot?

I'm always curious about these scenarios. When people think "I'm gonna teach this guy a lesson!" they most often end up simply insulting the other person and cause drama instead of actually achieving the educational value they wanted.

What difference does it make to your life if OP prefers asking MMO-C forumers rather than Google?

I mean, it's his choice who tf you think you are??

After one day after dinging 60 my Shadowpriest is now renown 19 and has the Covenant set. Just do the campaign.
    Last edited by Alithia; 2021-01-08 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    After one day after dinging 60 my Shadowpriest is now renown 19 and has the Covenant set. Just do the campaign.
    But the cap for this week is 21. And I can't seem to get that on my character. I was a few weeks behind but now I can't get to 21. Stuck at 19 whilst having done LFR, mythic0's and even some heroic dungeons (and some world quests and calling every day ofc).

Feels a bit weird to still be behind, but I'm guessing next week this will be fixed.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Callings, campaign, dungeons, don't think about it, just play and you'll find yourself caught-up in little to no time.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Also the weekly world boss gives renown. It takes less than a week to catch up renown.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Hell, I was lazy and didn't do my three renown for the week before my normal wednesday night raid, and the third boss we downed gave me my last renown, so I don't need to bother gathering 1000 anima if I don't feel like it this week.
    That's the spirit!

I've been skipping on my anima renowns since the first two weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly everything. Caches/sacks dungeons raids questes.

Definitely this thing called google is a source!
    I just googled which sources to use to catch up on Renown and it brought me here to your response, which was to google it. So I googled it, and it brought me here, to your response, to google it...

What "google" said to do: "If you miss a week or do not reach your level cap for the week, there are catch-up systems in place that will allow you to get caught up. You can earn additional Renown through max level gameplay, Dungeons, Raids, PvP, and Callings (the new Emissary Quests), until you reach the current Renown cap."

The very first answer was the right one! Look at that! And that was the very first thing listed by the googles!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    I just googled which sources to use to catch up on Renown and it brought me here to your response, which was to google it. So I googled it, and it brought me here, to your response, to google it...
    In fact if you properly ask the question, and it seems if you know how to use google as well, you can get correct answers (from things like articles, guides and news sources) and not links to forums just asking the same question.

I'll show you! I simply asked :"how does SL renown catch up work" and here's all that was given to me just on the first page of searches!! It's insane how many actual answers and not forums came up!

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...20Renown%20cap.
    https://www.wowhead.com/guides/renow...ession-rewards
    https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/renown...in-shadowlands
    https://www.thegamer.com/wow-shadowl...ampaign-guide/
    https://screenrant.com/earn-renown-c...w-shadowlands/
    https://dotesports.com/streaming/new...ow-shadowlands

Know what all of them have? The same answer that's been given multiple times!! It's crazy!!!
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2021-01-08 at 01:41 PM.
    I'm a thread killer.

First week on my mage I got to 15, 3 behind my main, now at 21, one reset later, it is now catched up

It's amazing! If you only want it for power use, aka dungeons, raids and pvp, use anima to upgrade the campaign gear you get fast through the quest campaign, and you are ready to go in very little time.

Took me 1 week to go from 0-20

i dinged 60 this week and I'm hardstuck at 16 after doing as much campaign as i could.. maybe there is a weekly max?