Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It’s toxic because it has a harmful impact on other players and the game as a whole when blizzard starts putting in counter measures to stop such behaviour You save your time but hurt every one else.
    Isn't that the rule of thumb amongst cheaters? "Exploit early and often" because the inevitable fix doesn't usually involve punishment.

It's a garbage way to play. Blizzard is at fault for designing it this way. Players are at fault for having a poor reaction to that design. None of it is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    How is this a problem in the first place? You have dungeon finder, it finds you the new guy right away.
    This. IDK why people are getting so triggered and upset.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Most definitely not, I would never be invited to another raid.
    As I want to raid with those people again then I have a rational reason to behave differently.

In a LFD group I will never play with those people again, therefore I have no rational reason to stay.
    On the other hand I don't get upset at all when people leave my random groups. All people should act rationally.
    Chalking up shitty behavior to rationalism is a pretty weak take.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It's not a problem. Players play the way they want to play. You cannot demand your playstyle on other players.
    But people can do exactly that, and it happens all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beno113 View Post
    I do feel the need to apologise to the 16 groups I left tankless trying to get my drop from the first boss in Halls of Atonement, but blame Blizzard for not making that shit a 100% drop chance.
    Good point. Why should you have any personal responsibility for your own behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I can fault the players. It is not hard to not be a cunt.
    And you have zero place to dictate how other players play the game or invest their time. If they only have time to do 2 runs up to that specific boss or do one complete run, I'd much rather use my time efficiently and get two runs in rather than worry about how other players feel about MY experience that I pay for. I'm not mandated to complete the dungeon just because I joined the dungeon. When you pay for my sub, then you can dictate how I play the game.

The reality is there was zero transparency regarding the drop rates until a week before launch and they should have been 100% drop chance from the beginning instead of making players grind the same thing over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    But people can do exactly that, and it happens all the time.
    Ah, that's right, this is the internet. I should have added, "without being selfish and entitled" to be more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post
    Listen if YOU want to be selfish and value your time and screw 4 other people. Go for it. But don't think for a second you can flip your trash behavior on me. It's a shitty thing to do, and your are being selfish with your time You didn't kill the boss yourself. The group did. You couldn't do it without them. They helped you. You help them clear the rest of the dungeon. Fair is fair.

Selfish pricks always try to justify their behavior by saying everyone else is selfish to expect anything out of them.
    How are you being screwed? You have to wait a couple of minutes for a new player. Is that just the end of the world to you? We all cleared the trash and killed the boss together, No one was carried and then bailed. Just about every heroic I've done, someone drops, we wait a couple of minutes and move on, half the time it's been an improvement because it was someone who never tanks trying to tank. But no one is "screwing" anyone over. You feel OWED, that is on you.

It’s toxic because it has a harmful impact on other players and the game as a whole when blizzard starts putting in counter measures to stop such behaviour You save your time but hurt every one else.
    Explain where the harm comes in at? Explain how people are "hurt" by someone leaving. I could see if it was a 10-15 minute wait for a refill, but it's hasn't been more than 2-3mins in my runs. I see it no different than when a run happens and someone says they have to go because their cat is on fire. This is LFG for normal\heroics. Not Mythic+ where someone dropping almost guarantees they'll fail the timer.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2020-12-04 at 04:14 AM.

Implement a system that tracks unfinished runs over the long term. A few disconnects or emegency quits? No problem. A repeated habit of quitting? You get low priority longer queues.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Explain where the harm comes in at? Explain how people are "hurt" by someone leaving. I could see if it was a 10-15 minute wait for a refill, but it's hasn't been more than 2-3mins in my runs. I see it no different than when a run happens and someone says they have to go because their cat is on fire. This is LFG for normal\heroics. Not Mythic+ where someone dropping almost guarantees they'll fail the timer.
    Even if you want to ignore the time people spend waiting for replacements there’s the wider hurt to the game when blizzard puts in a fix likely making it last boss only which stops people from making actual farming groups or stoping people from having a shot at it if groups fall apart.

There is both harm on the micro scale to the players you ditch and the macro scale to the game as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Ah, that's right, this is the internet. I should have added, "without being selfish and entitled" to be more clear.
    Well, that would make you wrong. I suspect that most folks ok with this behavior are also perfectly OK with dropping key groups that don't go exactly as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Isn't that the rule of thumb amongst cheaters? "Exploit early and often" because the inevitable fix doesn't usually involve punishment.

It's a garbage way to play. Blizzard is at fault for designing it this way. Players are at fault for having a poor reaction to that design. None of it is good.
    the reason this happened is because beta tests are a PR joke now not real tests.

it should have never hit live to have legendaries drop from anything but last boss in instance

Quote Originally Posted by Scathan View Post

No way dude. Excuses are frail. What you perceive as a slight against you does NOT make you ho-ing other people acceptable
    You are speaking to someone that never leaves. So your accusation falls on deaf ears.
    I was just expressing that Blizzard does not respect our time at all, that does not imply I follow suit and be a hypocrite and treat others badly. Too many people have double standards so I try to be the exception.

I know twinks are affected by this, but it's basically fixing itself in a few weeks when the majority of players don't need that anymore because it's a one time thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    How is this a problem in the first place? You have dungeon finder, it finds you the new guy right away.
    That can take up to 10 minutes for a tank. And often the next tank sees that the boss he is interested in is dead so he stays for the next boss to avoid the deserter debuff and then leaves. And so on.
    This shit is really annoying and really bad design from blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    That can take up to 10 minutes for a tank. And often the next tank sees that the boss he is interested in is dead so he stays for the next boss to avoid the deserter debuff and then leaves. And so on.
    And this is made worse by tanks using "specific dungeon" all the time, so random dungeon dungeon almost always gives you those problematic dungeons.

Game design like bosses dropping interesting BIS items suffers a ton when faced with toxic community’s it’s always been this way.

Nothing to be done about it until blizzard adds something to inhibit the toxic people.
    Leaving is toxic? How?
    Unsocial - yes. Toxic, not at all. That is why you can que for another peson isntead of having to leave the dungoen. Also you can go out and do quests or whatever while you look for another player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    The design is not great, but at least tanks are still joining. If not for legendary and a weapon I would have not joined a hc dungeon at all after initial farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    In almost every single dungeon at least one person leaves after a certain boss they're obviously farming. For example in Theater of Pain rogues always leave after the first boss and warriors always leave after Xav, since they're looking for their legendary recipe.

I can't remember the last time it was THIS bad. I've been waiting 5 minutes for a new tank now since warrior tank left after Xav. I'm questioning if it was such a good idea to put legendary items on dungeon bosses. People have absolutely no shame anymore and don't give a single crap if others have to wait.

Have you experienced this as well or am I just unlucky?
    Well yes i do it myself, what's the problem here?

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Leaving is toxic? How?
    If not for legendary and a weapon I would have not joined a hc dungeon at all after initial farm.
    It shows a distinct lack of moral fibre. You are no doubt also the type of person who does not return a shopping trolley after using it, as there is no benefit to you if doing so, and no recourse by not doing so.

Perhaps one day, after you have felt the touch of a woman (or man if that way inclined) you will stop looking at the world with such a negative outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    If not for legendary and a weapon I would have not joined a hc dungeon at all after initial farm.
    In before tanks are called toxic for not queueing for random Heroic since there's nothing to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple solutions:

-Have the drop from the last boss

-Join groups that kill the specific boss, rinse & repeat, like they do for Ingra Maloch

-Have the legendary be a conjured item that vanishes if you leave the dungeon, but loses the conjured tag if you are the last person leaving OR you clear the last boss (in this case you would be the only one to see your legendary drop, in order to avoid griefing from the rest of the group).

The first solution is just the easiest and most logical though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Same thing happened with the Tavern quests in WoD. Hopefully they'll end up pointing the recipes on the final bosses.
    Or, shocker, they could instead just make it guaranteed drop.