Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    What I don't get is how there are supposed to be less world quests than before. My map is absolutely littered with them. By less world quests I'd think there would be maybe 1-2 up per zone at the same time. Not 7-8.

  2. #42
    Warchief bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    2,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Which really raises the question - why didn't they just make dailies into WQs instead? Seems kind of a step backwards to keep dailies around.
    I dont recall if BFA had many, but i am confused why we have to go to our covenant to pick up the Blue Calling quests. Considering there is no fundamental difference between world quests and daily quests, they should populate when you are in the area. Unless they are using the Blue ! mark to identify this is important.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    I dont recall if BFA had many, but i am confused why we have to go to our covenant to pick up the Blue Calling quests. Considering there is no fundamental difference between world quests and daily quests, they should populate when you are in the area. Unless they are using the Blue ! mark to identify this is important.
    I suspect that this is influenced by Classic, and they think there's some sort of satisfaction involved with quest givers. That it makes it more personal. That you identify more with your covenant. Or something.

    That being the "official" explanation, of course.

    The real explanation is undoubtedly that it wastes more time if you have to go back and forth between quest givers and objectives, and every second they squeeze out of people is real money coming in. I'm so glad I pay a subscription to deal with all this F2P exploitation mechanics bullshit.

  4. #44
    the rewards suck so little anima. Also, the "flappy bird" WQ is already my never going got bother with it list.
    Member: Shadow Lands Alpha Club, Member since 4/9/2020

  5. #45
    Warchief bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    2,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I suspect that this is influenced by Classic, and they think there's some sort of satisfaction involved with quest givers. That it makes it more personal. That you identify more with your covenant. Or something.

    That being the "official" explanation, of course.

    The real explanation is undoubtedly that it wastes more time if you have to go back and forth between quest givers and objectives, and every second they squeeze out of people is real money coming in. I'm so glad I pay a subscription to deal with all this F2P exploitation mechanics bullshit.
    While i don't share your distaste, i largely agree with your reasoning. I'll be honest, I really truly like Shadowlands and all the systems minus the Maw, so i don't have a problem with some of the perceived (rightfully or not, i'm not arguing your stance understand that) explotiations. This is someone who quit BFA 2 weeks into it and did not return until 8.3.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    the rewards suck so little anima. Also, the "flappy bird" WQ is already my never going got bother with it list.
    Honestly some of the world quests give a lot more anima than people realize. The ones that show 35 etc, often give 3 or 4 of those tokens. And you only need like 3500 to buy the most expensive thing you can buy at the moment (cosmetic back pieces). Also i think flappy bird is one of the better ones to do cause it takes all of 30 seconds and is infinitely superior to the turtles.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  6. #46
    Dreadlord Pakheth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The cold hell known as Norway
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Somewhat, but that is counterbalanced by them being considerably less numerous and generally providing greater rewards.
    Isn't that the main point of them this time around? It got a bit overwhelming with them in the past. I honestly like this new world quest format. Less travelling involved too which is nice.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    While i don't share your distaste, i largely agree with your reasoning. I'll be honest, I really truly like Shadowlands and all the systems minus the Maw, so i don't have a problem with some of the perceived (rightfully or not, i'm not arguing your stance understand that) explotiations. This is someone who quit BFA 2 weeks into it and did not return until 8.3.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Honestly some of the world quests give a lot more anima than people realize. The ones that show 35 etc, often give 3 or 4 of those tokens. And you only need like 3500 to buy the most expensive thing you can buy at the moment (cosmetic back pieces). Also i think flappy bird is one of the better ones to do cause it takes all of 30 seconds and is infinitely superior to the turtles.
    maybe its b.c. i'm still super casual.. 1-2 hrs a day so i only get the required WQs done but it feels super slow gathering anima somehow i didn't get the 1k needed for the quest though i unlocked 2 upgrades last week, and seeing upgrades needing 5k/10k seems like a grind.

    and yeah for me turtles were amazing i always did those WQs cause I enjoyed them.
    Member: Shadow Lands Alpha Club, Member since 4/9/2020

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    News flash, world quests were never popular. They are now entirely optional unless you want to squeeze out a bit more anima. Reputations are almost entirely cosmetic, so if you want to grind rep for a cool weapon mog, you can do WQs, but this is the best solution. No more logging on to do homework style world quests. Also the gear rewards itemlevel is either tied to renown or covenant campaign progress (not sure which) because on beta they did eventually offer higher item level rewards.
    You never had to do them in Legion or BFA only. Sure some awarded Artifact Power / Azerite, but it wasn't enough to ever make a big difference as you all are trying to make it out to be.

    On my main I only really did WQ's at the start of the expansion to get to exalted and cap out on it. Getting them to exalted didn't give me any power increases or anything like that and as you said was all cosmetic. Yeah it offered gear, but you could easily get better gear in other places and only people that it benefited the most was people pushing for world first. Otherwise it didn't matter if you got it now or in three weeks.

    After that the only time I really did them was when there were 2K gold emissary days. Otherwise you could passively farm rep from the mission table if you wanted. On my main my heart ended up at Level 93 and WQ barely helped it get there. I had other alts get up to 80 something or so because of the boost at the end and I didn't touch WQ's on them either.

    So just because something has the ability to benefit player power doesn't mean it is required at all. It is still completely optional content. Just because anima doesn't fill up a power on your character you visibly see it still has impacts on things that can benefit your character.

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Since their introduction in MOP, people have complained and moaned about them. Even Ion once jokingly called MOP era WOW world of Dailycraft. There is a reason they have been massively reiterated on every expansion. My source is the fact that Blizzard constantly modifies the design paradigm of World Quests every expansion. The last Blizzcon they even said the intention is to make them not feel as important so people do not feel like they are missing out if they don't log on every night.
    Then your source is wrong. World quests were never a thing until Legion so you can't use MoP / WoD data to influence that. MoP / WoD had dailies / bonus objectives, but never World Quests. If you are trying to call dailies or bonus objectives World Quests then you should be using data all the way from Burning Crusade which people didn't enjoy then either.

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    You realize daily quests are no different except one you have to go to the quest giver and the other populates automatically correct? Or you just being pedantic to troll?
    See above. Dailies started in Burning Crusade and not MoP so your data set is still widely off.

    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't mind the mediocre rewards so much if traveling in this expansion wasn't such a pain in the ass.
    Then you have Ion in an interview saying we aren't getting whistle this expansion because there is less traveling between objectives.

  9. #49
    Warchief bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    2,040
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    maybe its b.c. i'm still super casual.. 1-2 hrs a day so i only get the required WQs done but it feels super slow gathering anima somehow i didn't get the 1k needed for the quest though i unlocked 2 upgrades last week, and seeing upgrades needing 5k/10k seems like a grind.

    and yeah for me turtles were amazing i always did those WQs cause I enjoyed them.
    One thing i learned for an easy 500, is if you are Alliance (i dont know if horde gets it) is the Against Overwhelming Odds weekly quest in Oribos. Seriously if this is available to you, don't sleep on it. It takes 20 minutes at the entrance to the Maw to get 25 PVP kills. My wife completed ours in less than 18 minutes yesterday, and we did not die one time (err correction, wife died to an assassin npc spawning).
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  10. #50
    Current system is a lot better as its more rewarding, less travel tine since its 3 quests and more variety.

  11. #51
    Warchief bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    2,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You never had to do them in Legion or BFA only. Sure some awarded Artifact Power / Azerite, but it wasn't enough to ever make a big difference as you all are trying to make it out to be.

    On my main I only really did WQ's at the start of the expansion to get to exalted and cap out on it. Getting them to exalted didn't give me any power increases or anything like that and as you said was all cosmetic. Yeah it offered gear, but you could easily get better gear in other places and only people that it benefited the most was people pushing for world first. Otherwise it didn't matter if you got it now or in three weeks.

    After that the only time I really did them was when there were 2K gold emissary days. Otherwise you could passively farm rep from the mission table if you wanted. On my main my heart ended up at Level 93 and WQ barely helped it get there. I had other alts get up to 80 something or so because of the boost at the end and I didn't touch WQ's on them either.

    So just because something has the ability to benefit player power doesn't mean it is required at all. It is still completely optional content. Just because anima doesn't fill up a power on your character you visibly see it still has impacts on things that can benefit your character.



    Then your source is wrong. World quests were never a thing until Legion so you can't use MoP / WoD data to influence that. MoP / WoD had dailies / bonus objectives, but never World Quests. If you are trying to call dailies or bonus objectives World Quests then you should be using data all the way from Burning Crusade which people didn't enjoy then either.



    See above. Dailies started in Burning Crusade and not MoP so your data set is still widely off.



    Then you have Ion in an interview saying we aren't getting whistle this expansion because there is less traveling between objectives.
    So you are saying I am wrong for comparing WQs to Daily Quests because Daily Quests were in the game longer than MOP, yet you even said people back than didn't enjoy them either. So let me get this straight, i am wrong to compare them because people hated them for longer than i gave them credit for? I played since Vanilla and i agree daily quests in all fashion sucked, but MOP is when they got extremely tedious. Legion WQs were an attempt to correct that course, and BFA they were just a joke of flying in circles zerging stuff. And while you did not feel they were required, much like Islands there were a lot of people that fell to degenerate gameplay styles of obsessing over every WQ to get every drop of Azerite Power and every bit of Reputation.

    TLDR we both agreed mostly the same thing, I just didnt credit preMOP expansions enough. They have always been abused by degenerate playstyles, just look at the twitter accounts of Limit/Echo/Method players expressing joy that they don't have to care about them and can actually take days off and not lose progress. Anyone that has grinded heavily in the past is celebrating an expansion that does not have an infinite grind. Even the Maw as awful as it is has a finite limit (unless you are THDlock and find ways to completely ignore Jailer Level 5).
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    You realize daily quests are no different except one you have to go to the quest giver and the other populates automatically correct? Or you just being pedantic to troll?
    And I can see what the reward is without going there. That's the best part of WQs, *looks* Oh it's anima, idgaf about that I'll just stay here in the city talking politics

    - - - Updated - - -

    BFA WQs were bae <3
    "Hey this dude over here said you have face!"
    WHAT?!?
    *kills dude*
    -done-
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  13. #53
    Warchief bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    2,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    And I can see what the reward is without going there. That's the best part of WQs, *looks* Oh it's anima, idgaf about that I'll just stay here in the city talking politics

    - - - Updated - - -

    BFA WQs were bae <3
    "Hey this dude over here said you have face!"
    WHAT?!?
    *kills dude*
    -done-
    You actually summed up BFA WQs perfectly except it needs more TURTLES. As for seeing the reward, that is definitely an improvement, i really like using my phone at work to see if there is anything worthwhile up, and if there is swinging by the house on lunch and knocking a couple out. Got an offhand for an alt today that way.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    Anyone else find them a bit time-consuming?
    They are, and that's intentional. They talked about it in interviews during the beta, there are fewer, more massive world quests, but you also require less of them and the questing is more varied.

    The daily callings you get can sometimes be completed by doing dungeons or just killing things, so in general WQs are bigger but you're doing less of them, which is preferable imho.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    so what's the point?? more tedious, less rewarding and entirely optional. this is not going to make the feature more popular....
    How are they more tedious as its only 3 quests noe compared to 4 from before?

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I haven't seen an single item reward since i unlocked them 3 days ago. This also seems very lacking to me.
    I've gotten two or three so far that were upgrades.

    Depends on what you're doing, though. If you're already doing M0s, then you're probably not going to find WQ gear rewards much.

  17. #57
    A lot of the new WQs a pretty terrible. If it requires going to Wowhead to figure out what you actually have to do, and there's multiple steps, and a 20 minute completion for a crappy reward then...well, I usually don't bother. Dull.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    How are they more tedious as its only 3 quests noe compared to 4 from before?
    They're often far, far longer. You could do 4 WQ in BFA in the time it takes to one in SL.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    A lot of the new WQs a pretty terrible. If it requires going to Wowhead to figure out what you actually have to do, and there's multiple steps, and a 20 minute completion for a crappy reward then...well, I usually don't bother. Dull.

    - - - Updated - - -



    They're often far, far longer. You could do 4 WQ in BFA in the time it takes to one in SL.
    Hmm. I find myself spending 20 minutes tops to do one calling. Not bad at all.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Hmm. I find myself spending 20 minutes tops to do one calling. Not bad at all.
    There's also a ton of WQ chests around the map, but they are, of course, locked, so you'll need some random item from an unknown mob/objective to open them. Beyond frustrating.

  20. #60
    It was quite jarring going from bfa wq that are done in 20 seconds to the sl ones that take several minutes sometimes. But overall I like it better. Fewer quests that take a little more time makes it feel less grindy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •