Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Losing motivation to login to SL

Not because it's bad, but rather because of WoW fatigue, lack of solo leveling options, and the game continuing to be more of the same. I would say if they could let players level 50+ use Torghast as a viable alt solo leveling mode, that alone could bring me back to the game in full throttle.

Questing being the only solo mode possible atm gets quickly boring. I have an alt army and I have absolutely zero motivation atm to touch them.

Then don't. You don't need a permission. And we don't need these threads either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then don't.

/thread

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Not because it's bad, but rather because of WoW fatigue, lack of solo leveling options, and the game continuing to be more of the same. I would say if they could let players level 50+ use Torghast as a viable alt solo leveling mode, that alone could bring me back to the game in full throttle.

Questing being the only solo mode possible atm gets quickly boring. I have an alt army and I have absolutely zero motivation atm to touch them.
    Then don't play? I'm confused why you feel the need to make a post about this?
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

If people like the game but not the leveling experience over and over again why shouldnt they think of alternative ways, narrow minded people? For some reason multiple people i play with also like to have an alternative way to level up characters and all of them mention Thorgast as their favourite. That rogue like gameplay seems to attract more than we think which is a good thing and would actually make the game better. So you are not alone!

Doing world quests in Revendreth is making me feel like this. Hostile mob density is off the charts, worse than anything in BfA. Trying to get things done as a mage in that area is pure cancer. Mobs that teleport to you, negating your kiting. I literally couldn't finish a world quest (demolish 3 piles of rubbish) because the mobs kept spawning and overwhelmed me when all my defensives were on cooldown.

Edit: lol @ all the defensive replies, some people just can't cope with negative opinions about WoW
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2020-12-03 at 11:46 AM.

Not like I care, but please enlighten, when wasn't questing the only possible solo levelling option? Actually right now, you don't only have quests, but just doing bonus objectives and world quests. Again, not like anyone here cares that someone doesn't want to play.

I second the Torghast proposal. It would be the ideal leveling path for alts. Quick exp, but no gold and other boni. So you either take a little longer through regular questing or you are quicker at max, but don't get any ressources out of it.

Okay? Then don't.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Gathering herbs/ores
    Archaeology
    Pet battles
    World quests
    Storyline
    Grind mobs
    Loot treasures
    (Solo queue into BGs)
    (Solo queue into Dungeons)
    (Solo queue into Arenas)

questing isn't the only option

Questing has been the only way to solo level since vanilla, why in the world would you expect that to change now? It takes less than 7 hours to level 50-60 and then the real game starts, if you aren't motivated to do 7 hours of leveling you won't be motivated to play at 60 anyway, so probably best you just quit and find a different game.

I would say if they could let players level 50+ use Torghast as a viable alt solo leveling mode, that alone could bring me back to the game in full throttle.
    This was one of the things I was disappointed with. They said that Threads of Fate would be an alternative leveling style for alts where they could work on max level stuff. When in reality all we got was access to World Quests and a covenant ability. Nothing else.

While also in reality "Threads of Fate" is the same style leveling we've always had with the slight exception of world quests but was somewhat present during Legion Invasion / BFA. Story mode is just a forced version of doing the storylines that in the past was optional for most things.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The leveling is as quick as it has never been before. Yes, you stream line, which can be annoying after a couple of chars or even after just one.. but hey, it is quick

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Questing has been the only way to solo level since vanilla, why in the world would you expect that to change now? It takes less than 7 hours to level 50-60 and then the real game starts, if you aren't motivated to do 7 hours of leveling you won't be motivated to play at 60 anyway, so probably best you just quit and find a different game.
    How exactly does one level from 50-60 in 7 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Doing world quests in Revendreth is making me feel like this. Hostile mob density is off the charts, worse than anything in BfA. Trying to get things done as a mage in that area is pure cancer. Mobs that teleport to you, negating your kiting. I literally couldn't finish a world quest (demolish 3 piles of rubbish) because the mobs kept spawning and overwhelmed me when all my defensives were on cooldown.
    Esthetically Revendreth is really amazing. But gameplay wise... Oh my god. It feels like Suramar without a camouflage spell. A huge city with hundres of enemies.

@OP
    Yeah it seems like you need some time off. It doesn't do you any good if you keep playing while not having fun. Just come back later with a fresh mind

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Then don't play? I'm confused why you feel the need to make a post about this?
    This is a discussion forum, for people to post things and we discuss them. Surely you have grasped this concept after being a member for 8 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    Gathering herbs/ores
    Archaeology
    Pet battles
    World quests
    Storyline
    Grind mobs
    Loot treasures
    (Solo queue into BGs)
    (Solo queue into Dungeons)
    (Solo queue into Arenas)

questing isn't the only option
    old archaeology. there are no new levels for archaeology nor any dig sites in shadowlands. blizzard announced that quite some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    If people like the game but not the leveling experience over and over again why shouldnt they think of alternative ways, narrow minded people? For some reason multiple people i play with also like to have an alternative way to level up characters and all of them mention Thorgast as their favourite. That rogue like gameplay seems to attract more than we think which is a good thing and would actually make the game better. So you are not alone!
    I think the sort of issue OP has, is the reason for the Threads of Fate levelling you can choose once the campaign has been completed on 1 character. I just started it on my first alt and the more freeform approach will probably appeal to a lot of players. Personally I dont enjoy the more freeform structure, but horses for courses as they say.

Another boring, substance-less thread that OP abandons after making it.