Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    and why do you think actual game developers actually get more then 2% with other publishers?

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    I personally enjoyed ffxv and its darker story, but i believe the pc port is what people complained about the most. Have yet to play the avengers but havent heard good things.
    FFXV had a shaky development cycle and some flaws but it was a decent game at the end of the day. Most of the whining I've seen online is about the all male cast - which is a dumb reason to dislike the game. Especially when X-2 already had an all female cast.

Interestingly, XV had a lot of mainstream appeal - I know a lot of people who played it who hadn't played other FF games before.

Guys it's a Mario710 thread lol. Don't fall for the bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    I personally enjoyed ffxv and its darker story, but i believe the pc port is what people complained about the most. Have yet to play the avengers but havent heard good things.
    Same here. I wish we would have gotten the last episode I read about. But otherwise I enjoyed it. But in fairness I was also one who enjoyed 8 when it first came out and and 12. The only FF game I really didn't like was x-2
    I can't wait to watch your ego bleed
    Your pain will set me free

Stitched Up Heart

Even though the op has plenty of troll and bait post history there is a serious issue to be discussed here. Even without a source, as a long time player how can you say the game is not underfunded? I once expected the huge success of the relunch of the game was going to let the game evolve further than what it is thrugh putting in more resources from the money they are making. Instead we got cut content with nothing to replace it and the most predictable patch cycle in the universe with everything just basically being reskins of previous expansions. We havent had a completely new type of content added to the game sine eureka (since bozja is just eureka 2.0) and it does not look like we ll be getting one either. Also we re 3 expansions in heading toward a 4th one and we re still getting 4 raid bosses per tier...

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    FFXV had a shaky development cycle and some flaws but it was a decent game at the end of the day. Most of the whining I've seen online is about the all male cast - which is a dumb reason to dislike the game. Especially when X-2 already had an all female cast.

Interestingly, XV had a lot of mainstream appeal - I know a lot of people who played it who hadn't played other FF games before.
    Didn't you get the memo with the all-female Ghostbusters remake? All female casts are feminine empowerment, all male casts are feminine oppression. Get with the times. And you can't be oppressive against men because they have all the power. /s
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Even though the op has plenty of troll and bait post history there is a serious issue to be discussed here. Even without a source, as a long time player how can you say the game is not underfunded? I once expected the huge success of the relunch of the game was going to let the game evolve further than what it is thrugh putting in more resources from the money they are making. Instead we got cut content with nothing to replace it and the most predictable patch cycle in the universe with everything just basically being reskins of previous expansions. We havent had a completely new type of content added to the game sine eureka (since bozja is just eureka 2.0) and it does not look like we ll be getting one either. Also we re 3 expansions in heading toward a 4th one and we re still getting 4 raid bosses per tier...
    Your points are valid, but also completely irrelevant with respect to funding. We have no idea what they get budgeted especially compared to peers/other in house teams so that's why we can't say it's underfunded or not. We do happen to know that their budget for Shadowbringers was higher than the previous expansions from a YoshiP interview.

I agree that the game is stale and predictable. I personally can't stand that aspect of it and would love to see a change, but I strongly suspect that as long as FF14 brings in consistent cash flow it will stay the course.

I see some other MMO's bringing in new game engines for their existing games and I'd love to see them do that for FF14. I love the game, but I think it could be better with some new life breathed into it for sure.

Like how much money they spend on the music alone?

Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    Like how much money they spend on the music alone?
    Probably not THAT much to be honest. It mostly comes down to the talent.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2021-01-11 at 04:30 AM.

With 8 days remaining on my trial period, I have slowly warmed towards FF14. It has a number of things that I like over WoW.

- Cat people (both races)
    - Heterochromia as a character option
    - No nonsense when it comes to flying like pathfinder achievements and long rep grinds
    - Much less toxicity in the community
    - Classes that use technology (Machinist is my favourite)
    - A much less restrictive trial period
    - The game itself not crashing on me every 5 minutes or needing older GPU drivers
    - One character being able to be all classes
    - Being able to teleport almost everywhere
    - (Mostly) obvious telegraphs for enemy attacks

All in all, I'm liking it much more now than I did previously.

Under-funded? Maybe. But it's pretty cool regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    With 8 days remaining on my trial period
    Last time I checked there is no time limit for trial, so not sure what you are talking about.
    No nonsense when it comes to flying like pathfinder achievements and long rep grinds
    That's countered by the realization there is not much to do in the zones after unlocking flying. Also welcome to mount speed grind.
    Much less toxicity in the community
    Much less visible toxicity, much more intensity.
    A much less restrictive trial period
    Again, not sure what you mean by period, both don't have time limit. AFAIK current WoW allows up to level 20 in any expansion, which should mean every zone of those expansions. FFXIV is limited to end of HW, which is still very generous.
    (Mostly) obvious telegraphs for enemy attacks
    Maybe in ARR, but later they increasingly added more bosses where the only telegraph is boss animation (which you won't know until you die or watch video beforehand) or some other cryptic shit like Starboard/Larboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Last time I checked there is no time limit for trial, so not sure what you are talking about.
    I think he means his free 30 day subscription you get when you buy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I think he means his free 30 day subscription you get when you buy the game.
    Then I still don't understand how it's less restrictive, Starter edition has relatively less content than just subbing to WoW for one month.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though