Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    “My hunter feels weak in world pvp, instanced pvp and world content/solo”

“These statistics from group-based pve proves you wrong!”

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Bm is like 5% behind mm so no
    Burst is trash. That means PVP is trash.

BM has tank burst pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    BM is stupidly good right now. I think this is a player problem not a class problem.
    Isn't that almost always the case? lol

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Find it hard to believe, but sure we're still very early on. I find that I do very, very low dmg and my pet dies in almost every fight.
    You're almost definitely really bad at the game. Maybe you're right, moving would be a good choice for you.

Well, for example I just met a monk who killed me within seconds. One stun and then i was gone. There wasnt even a fight..
    This is just the state of the game right now. Burst is very high and there's a few specs capable of 100-0 someone in a stun, WW being one of them.

At least BM. It's so weak its not fun to play and i'm therefor leaning towards unsub. I struggle doing normal WQs, I lose almost all 1v1 wpvp, in BG's im basically a critter.

This coming from someone who knows the spec inside out, and with "decent" gear (including BiS 190ilvl wep).

Those of you who switched over to MM, tell me your experience. I have a bunch of alt, but this is my main and considering the unbelivably slow grind with covenants, the maw etc, I will not play alts in this expansion.
    No offense here, but:

Its obvious for more than a decade, that Blizz can not handle 36 specs. They have to make sure all hybrid classes with just 1 dps spec are viable. This means for all pure dps classes you can only have 1 viable spec. Today its spec1, tommorrow it is spec3. This means, if you do not like all specs of your pure dps class, you should not play a pure dps.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Awww cute little attempt snowflake.

I have hardly touched SL, and from the dungeons I have run that has been my experience. I don't need a little child like yourself to come along and claim BS, if you don't like it - off you jog.
    More ad hominem :/

Whats with the fixation on children? Why are your go to insults so weird?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    No offense here, but:

Its obvious for more than a decade, that Blizz can not handle 36 specs. They have to make sure all hybrid classes with just 1 dps spec are viable. This means for all pure dps classes you can only have 1 viable spec. Today its spec1, tommorrow it is spec3. This means, if you do not like all specs of your pure dps class, you should not play a pure dps.
    Viable?

You can do well with every single dps spec in the game currently. Well enough to clear normal/hc/m+10(soon 15) and pretty much anything but progression raiding.

Are you in a top 100 progression raiding guild?

I'm playing BM as well the damage reflection from wild spirit is the cherry on top. Thinking of unsubbing as well. Geez Wizz another week of no loot in heroic.

Used embers and switched to the crit damage for more consistent damage as I was sick of missing an embers due to its clunky design, now I can't go mm for another week (thanks for the time gated content)
    Last edited by Subzu; 2020-12-30 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    No offense here, but:

It's almost like creating mini-class out of spec trees was a bad idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Bm is like 5% behind mm so no
    BM is not 5% behind MM. Its a larger gap than that.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    BM is not 5% behind MM. Its a larger gap than that.
    i think the gap looks bigger due to every good player is playing MM. If the best players played BM, the gap would be less.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    BM is stupidly good right now. I think this is a player problem not a class problem.
    what are you smoking with the buff to assa and frost mage we are now beside surv at the bottom of the charts for hc, i find bm fun the dps just soo lacking i tried mm for my guilds farm raid i couldn't grasp it and it wasn't fin im considering abandoning m+ as pugs are toxic and most of the time bad and my guild dont do keys with me, im 8/10 hc and im not alowed on sire coz i cant do side adds dues to blizz's in competence

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    what are you smoking with the buff to assa and frost mage we are now beside surv at the bottom of the charts for hc, i find bm fun the dps just soo lacking i tried mm for my guilds farm raid i couldn't grasp it and it wasn't fin im considering abandoning m+ as pugs are toxic and most of the time bad and my guild dont do keys with me, im 8/10 hc and im not alowed on sire coz i cant do side adds dues to blizz's in competence
    BM is an entry level spec. It’s meant for new players who haven’t learned to play the game yet. It should be relevant for any competitive content. It is by far the least risky spec in the game to play so therefore it should also have the least reward. There needs to be a balance between performance and effort. And since BM is the spec that requires least effort it should also have the lowest performance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yyyy BM is quite good tbh xD just uninstall wow and play scrabbles i would suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    BM is an entry level spec. It’s meant for new players who haven’t learned to play the game yet. It should be relevant for any competitive content. It is by far the least risky spec in the game to play so therefore it should also have the least reward. There needs to be a balance between performance and effort. And since BM is the spec that requires least effort it should also have the lowest performance.
    I just have an issue with posts like this, no were in the game does it say this spec is ‘entry level’ if blizzard came out and posted it when you picked it then ya all good, but they don’t. Just another spec in a sea of other specs and classes

By this logic, half the specs in the game are "irrelevant for any competetive content".
    If you think BM is the only "easy" spec in the game, you are completely deluded or have never touched BM (which I know you haven't, knowing your post history a bit) or some of the other easy specs in any competitieve content.

BM having a low skill floor (= easy to learn the basics of) has nothing even to do with endgame content.
    If you think BM has too low a skill ceiling, come with a good argument about that instead instead of just trolling.

I doubt there would be many proponents to giving BM an extra layer of depth; but at the same time I think people are oblivious to the amount of depth the spec currently has as well.
    Facerolling as BM doesn't get you as far as you claim it does. Proper management of Frenzy, Pet placement and CS's CDR are vital to parsing high logs as BM.
    And so far the logs indicate BM doesn't have a significant smaller percentile gap than most other specs which would be the case if it was really as faceroll easy as you all claim.

This is just not true and there are quite a few specs that are way easier. Frost mage for instance or DH.
    There is not and should not be anything like "balance between performance and effort" in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    This is just not true and there are quite a few specs that are way easier. Frost mage for instance or DH.
    There is not and should not be anything like "balance between performance and effort" in WoW.
    There is literally nothing safer you can play than BM. You can do your full rotation on the move and you still can do a big part of your damage when not even in the range or line of sight. That is a fact. Now unfortunately Blizzard maintains that all specs should be +- on the same footing, while indeed the level of efforts needed to play different specs are wildly different too.

High tier PVE in wow is about repeating class mechanics and boss mechanics until you can execute it while sleeping.
    Choosing class or spec should be about preference and not about effort/risk/reward.

Some people enjoy some type of more intensive challenge and some classes should provide that option.
    But people that enjoy simpler playstyles should not be penalized with lower DPS/competitiveness simply because they prefer staring at less UI bars/counters.

Going by the logic of "more difficulty = more dps" then all melee classses should do 200% DPS compared to ranged classes because the amount of danger mechanics melee classes have to avoid in PVE is huge while ranged classes can often /snooze through most boss mechanics and just DPS without worry.
    Not to mention that ranged classes have the simple advantage of not needing to travel to their new targets to start DPS.

Honestly hunters were best designed during MOPandaria, i enjoyed that class the most then.
    Survival rework into melee, while a neat idea, really did not result in an enjoyable spec... it feels like an unpolished gimmick.
    Marksmanship was changed into "look at me i have to stand still to cast" which is extremely against the usual hunter mobility theme (while balance druids have permanent cast while moving through talent...).

Beast master always felt weird in the visual sort of way because your abilities consisted of hand-waving to your pet and not some actual cool shot or spell.
    And it always suffered from some scaling issues, either too strong or too weak and rarely somewhere in the middle.