Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
37
... LastLast
  1. #521
    Over 9000! Graeham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,831
    Quote Originally Posted by SatsuBL View Post
    Ok so who is odd day doublevoter because I didn't see and doublevotes on d1. Do you turn your power on and off or is it always active?
    It's always active. I know a few players didn't have a vote by the end of D1, though. Unless I'm misremembering.

  2. #522
    Not any 'different' perspective, I think what I'm about to say has been already stated but I have 1 particular guy?girl? I wanna mention...

    - - - Updated - - -

    for @dupti

    If I won't mention someone, it automatically means I really don't trust them

    Val, I think Val is very much a VT and seems a bit bored with this game

    Viro looks fine and has this privilege of being a counterwagon to a mega scum

    Grae, I mean Grae is an enigma, but his ability seems pro-town

    - - - Updated - - -

    The only person that REALLY impressed me this game is Xanjori

    I haven't had an opportunity to experience them last game because they were eliminated early, but this game they have shown amazing 'bright' colors

    Direct and clear posts that let everyone know what they think. They seem town
    from what I remember, Xanjori voted for scum in the beginning and that doesn't prove anything, because they would have appeared scummy if they were to switch vote at any point

    But Xanjori shines in posts, that's why they are my MAIN town and a solid one, they're my 'Val' townlean that I had last game, that's how certain I am

    And of course I have no clue if I'm right or not, but you wanted me to expose my trustee and it's Xanjori
    Last edited by Clarinet; 2020-12-10 at 09:19 PM.

  3. #523
    @Graeham as a claimed TPR does your role card tell you anything about the presents and their use? Elves have a quasi mini game to play with them. Not sure if there's any benefit to it besides messing with the trackers but I'd bet $5 that there is some purpose.

  4. #524
    Over 9000! Graeham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    9,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    @Graeham as a claimed TPR does your role card tell you anything about the presents and their use? Elves have a quasi mini game to play with them. Not sure if there's any benefit to it besides messing with the trackers but I'd bet $5 that there is some purpose.
    There's no mention of them. Other than what, I assume, is standard for everybody in terms of guard/gift/steal.

    I haven't dabbled with the mechanic to any major extent, though.

    N0: I decided to guard since I didn't have any reads on anybody for obvious reasons.
    N1: I tried to steal from Blood Fox. No particular reason, but I was curious to see what happened. My present count didn't change that night, so I don't know if it went through or not. (Maybe someone else stole from me and it balanced out?)
    N2: I figured I'd just guard again. Firebert's flip threw me for a loop.

  5. #525
    Im glad I have your trust Clarinet.

    I have several people filed under "Trust" right now, although I can see the arguments put forth by others as to why they may not be exactly who they say they are.

    dupti is someone I am undecided on, I think he has put forth some good reasoning for his arguments so atm he is also creeping into trust.

    Satsu I am very unsure on, I really dont have much in my notes on him so it means I haven't seen him do anything to stick out, simply coasting by in the background?

    Kryllian is also a person I just havent read much into, and therefore is not in a trust pile yet.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post

    Amending my sus list from yesterday, I'm still slightly sus of Graeham even though his power has been confirmed because there is no way to know if that is scum or town.
    While its impossible to say, technically votes are towns way of winning the game. Imo a role that affects votes should be town. But then I didnt create this game

  6. #526
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Compiling my thoughts, I have some reservations about marack, i'm watching robo's content and considering his vote switch timing, and i have weird interactions/comments around clarinet. A secondary bucket i have is graeham, listo, satsu, and dupti for read-based reasons, but less confidence in.
    Raza this whole point and especially this is a big reason as to why I find you scummy. I feel I have to drag out reads from you and even when you do so, you don't actively try to push them. This has happened all game long. You have great observations but don't really do anything with it, I prod you to get you to share some reads, you do so and then you don't really do anything with them until I prod you again. See you had all of these great observations and reads but when were you going to push on them? Actually an even better question would probably be, where are you going to push? Are you waiting for something specific to happen?

    - - - Updated - - -

    However Raza I will also admit that this actually applies to several players.
    @Graeham like Graeham what exactly are you doing at the moment? You are around, you have no issue commenting on the mechanical stuff or the flipped townie, but you are not attempting to push anything - you haven't even tried to push your lynch all lurkers policy. Like I am curious as to how you believe I should be reading this?

  7. #527
    Stood in the Fire listo95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    While its impossible to say, technically votes are towns way of winning the game. Imo a role that affects votes should be town. But then I didnt create this game
    If he is town that is correct. However, from what I can recall (2 Xmas games ago is the only one I can fully recall not sure about other times) is that it’s generally a scum power. So I’m just gonna put my vote where my thought is because he just feels off to me this game and his votes aren’t helping him.

    Vote: Graeham

  8. #528
    Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    See you had all of these great observations and reads but when were you going to push on them? Actually an even better question would probably be, where are you going to push? Are you waiting for something specific to happen?
    And this is one of the biggest problems in your headspace right now. I've provided my thoughts, reasonings, theories, etc today and yet you're still harping on me when there's literally no one but you with a vote out right now. If you could step back into third person you'd see you're being unreasonably hyper focused on me, and its not healthy if your town dupti (edit: your post update/followup is a good step/sign). I am waiting for something; its not even midday and there's not a lot of reads or feedback yet; hell people haven't even posted today. (Plus i'm playing cyberpunk as a huge distraction but that's not a valid excuse)

    My marack reasoning: Clearly more aggressive and anti-graeham than i remember. Mostly unrelated stuff D1 (somewhat expected). Virothe critical train vote. Vocal anti-lora lynch / defending. Fights with dupti and blood fox. Exchange with robo about Nightmare universe; soft claims one IMO. Seemed in favor of firebert lynch (logic is fair to me), voting eventually (neutral). Small interactions with xanjori, omerto, clarinet. Has not been here today yet (still before midday). I already said in an earlier post i dont remember marack being so hostile and dont know if this is town or scum marack, but logically just based on actions i have him on my highest watch list.


    My robo reasoning: Fluff first half of D1 nothing unsual. Virothe vote during an important train building time. Light pushing for virothe votes over lora. The swap to lora is some nice bussing if he thought things were turning, something i can see scum robo doing (though one could argue it was a swing vote for lora too). Has claimed stealing both nights though thats not necessarily alignment indicative. Downplays BF a bit (not that i disagree but now we have BF flip). Ties Firebert claim to nightmare universe with jackinthebox severed hand (twice); i can see an arguement he was providing more reasoning for the lynch. Nightmare speculation is neutral. Ends with vote on crackle despite bringing up firebert doubts multiple times. I'm a bit suprised town robo would let that claim live (with claim of wanting competing trains) -- i can see a scenario where he didn't want to be recorded on what he knew was a probable mislynch. I haven't disliked everything robo's done, but he's been more tame than i recall town robo and theres enough things giving me suspicion to watch closely.

    My clarinet reasoning: Fluffy D1 with early vote on satsu seems random/trolly, doubles down on it during lora train build. Refutes BF early vote and claims 0 presents. Gives firebert doubt. "Boogyman" weird statement, with the potential relation to the Nightmare universe. Backs off Firebert after claim saying it sounds reasonable. Again comments on 0 gifts and robo/mercy stealing while claiming to have stolen himself. Omer vote and light firebert defending (former i have no problem with but latter i have to think is there reason for town to believe his claim or is this inside knowledge). A lot of the D2 interactions are weirdly worded or dont feel right; they're things i assume were self evident ("win with town is a different alignment" and such -- I dont have any game experience with this player though so maybe not experienced?). Comment at end about eating firebert, when there appears to be a cannibal in play. Dupti calls out for not giving reads like previous games (again dont know much about their playstyle but based on the response seemed fair). Overall not getting the best vibes here but there is content today.

    - - - Updated - - -

    *Er and listo vote if i were to have scrolled up

    - - - Updated - - -

    Clarinet what did you do with gifts last night?

  9. #529
    @Razamith, why do you want to know

  10. #530
    I tested a theory last night. And I ended up with +1 present.

  11. #531
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    I tested a theory last night. And I ended up with +1 present.
    yes...continue?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It's always active. I know a few players didn't have a vote by the end of D1, though. Unless I'm misremembering.
    Why are you so fortunate in receiving such a cool ability? Always on double vote, you're a head above all of us

    - - - Updated - - -
    @listo95, how sure are you double-voting is a scum ability? can you link a game where it happened?

  12. #532
    Blademaster Marack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    41
    Ive been soo damn busy with wow... not going to lie.

    N0-2gifts
    N1-3gifts
    N2-3gifts

    I can guard, give, steal. Some fluff if I get to X amount of gifts I get excited and open them all.

    And because Ive been mostly AFK this game, with very minimal reads on anyone... Ill do the most random thing

    I am a Survivor... I win if I make it to end game. Not town aligned. Not Scum aligned. Willing to vote whichever way will get me with W at the end. There is more, gambling survivor. Kinda a bit of a JOAT survivor with some Town power abilities and Scum power abilities. I pick a target to visit and the mods roll a dice to see which ability gets used on said target.

    A kill could have been stopped on N1 since it rolled a protection on my target. Your Welcome.

  13. #533
    Scarab Lord Crackleslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    4,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    I'm going on the assumption that given his role, Firebert knew he was screwed once the pressure was on. A VT claim would have likely gotten him lynched. So he decided to go all out. Either he would get a bunch of people sending him a present so he could amass some or he'd get NK'd and soak a kill for town. But 5 minutes later after the claim I think he knew he screwed up and....here we are. I don't agree with his decision to lie as a townie, but that's the way he chose to play it.

    - - - Updated - - -
    @Robozerim did you gift a present last night like you stated you were going to and if so to whom?
    @Crackleslap did you try to steal from Listo for a 3rd night in a row?
    No I guarded myself last night.

  14. #534
    Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post

    I am a Survivor... I win if I make it to end game.
    does your character belong to any movie?

  15. #535
    I tried to give gifts to Robo, not sure if it worked or not since I ended with the same amount I started with.

  16. #536
    High Overlord Robozerim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sherwood Park, Canada
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    I tried to give gifts to Robo, not sure if it worked or not since I ended with the same amount I started with.
    Well, I now have zero gifts, so who knows? I gave a gift again last night.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Gonna try catching up in the 20 minutes before raid. Only a few pages, it's possible. Maybe.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    I'm going on the assumption that given his role, Firebert knew he was screwed once the pressure was on. A VT claim would have likely gotten him lynched. So he decided to go all out. Either he would get a bunch of people sending him a present so he could amass some or he'd get NK'd and soak a kill for town. But 5 minutes later after the claim I think he knew he screwed up and....here we are. I don't agree with his decision to lie as a townie, but that's the way he chose to play it.

    - - - Updated - - -
    @Robozerim did you gift a present last night like you stated you were going to and if so to whom?
    @Crackleslap did you try to steal from Listo for a 3rd night in a row?
    I did. I gave it to dupti, two nights in a row. Why? To see what happens if somebody gets 5 gifts, and because I like the cut of his jib.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SatsuBL View Post
    What is your take on a present mechanic? Do you think there is a chance someone might actually get to 5? Or that presents will go back and forth and that mechanic will be irrelevant in the end?
    I'd say that a member of the mafia might reach 5. You get, say, 3 or 4 people on the team and they all funnel their gifts to one player, boom, 5 gifts easy peezy. Well, not as easy anymore given that the godfather is dead and they can't recruit a member that Lora was looking for.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post

    My robo reasoning: Fluff first half of D1 nothing unsual. Virothe vote during an important train building time. Light pushing for virothe votes over lora. The swap to lora is some nice bussing if he thought things were turning, something i can see scum robo doing (though one could argue it was a swing vote for lora too). Has claimed stealing both nights though thats not necessarily alignment indicative. Downplays BF a bit (not that i disagree but now we have BF flip). Ties Firebert claim to nightmare universe with jackinthebox severed hand (twice); i can see an arguement he was providing more reasoning for the lynch. Nightmare speculation is neutral. Ends with vote on crackle despite bringing up firebert doubts multiple times. I'm a bit suprised town robo would let that claim live (with claim of wanting competing trains) -- i can see a scenario where he didn't want to be recorded on what he knew was a probable mislynch. I haven't disliked everything robo's done, but he's been more tame than i recall town robo and theres enough things giving me suspicion to watch closely.
    I'm a lot busier than I used to be, full time job and raiding in Classic Wow half of the week in the evenings. If you saw last game, Val was really big on me for not being as active as I used to be and I ended up a VT. Not really alignment indicative yet, I don't think.

    Slight correction, I did not claim to steal two nights in a row, I claimed to steal N0 and then give N1 (well, I didn't explicitly say, but dupti said "thank you, you know who you are" and I said "you're welcome").

    - - - Updated - - -

    Just barely caught up before Naxx. Most suspected individuals for me right now are Clarinet and Razamith for reasons. One thing, despite my suspicions, I'm almost certain Raza is not a cannibal.

    vote: Clarinet

  17. #537
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    yes...continue?
    I stole from you last night to test 0 presents. I got a present (brining me back to 2 total) so either you stole successfully, i got gifted, or you never had 0. In retrospect there's probably too many variables to verify this but I tried.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Slight correction, I did not claim to steal two nights in a row, I claimed to steal N0 and then give N1.
    I stand corrected. I misread your #232 in conjunction with Clarinet #301 and thought you said you stole twice from him. Its in my notes as two interactions. Well was, fixed now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    I am a Survivor... I win if I make it to end game. Not town aligned. Not Scum aligned. Willing to vote whichever way will get me with W at the end. There is more, gambling survivor. Kinda a bit of a JOAT survivor with some Town power abilities and Scum power abilities. I pick a target to visit and the mods roll a dice to see which ability gets used on said target.

    A kill could have been stopped on N1 since it rolled a protection on my target. Your Welcome.
    This is an odd claim to me. There's RNG with your abilities? It doesn't sound too unbelievable but it could also be cover for a SK role, recruitable character by lora, or just a "leave me alive" claim.

  18. #538
    It doesn't matter, I did try last night to get one from Robo but I'm still at 0

    I honestly don't care about gifts anymore, because each night has been a failure to get one or to receive one

    - - - Updated - - -

    Multiple people have been taken gifts from me because I started this game with 2 presents

    - - - Updated - - -

    vote: Kryllian

  19. #539
    Blademaster Marack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    This is an odd claim to me. There's RNG with your abilities? It doesn't sound too unbelievable but it could also be cover for a SK role, recruitable character by lora, or just a "leave me alive" claim.
    Thats a fair assessment, but not SK and not recruitable. Straight up neutral role that wins if at end game

  20. #540
    Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    I am a Survivor... I win if I make it to end game. Not town aligned. Not Scum aligned. Willing to vote whichever way will get me with W at the end.
    Ya... no Imma stick to what I said with Firebert.

    You don't claim not town and expect a pass, I'm really not to sure what's up with these claims.... Just don't claim unless you're pressured to do so because all you're doing claiming survivor and saying shit like this is making it so we HAVE to lynch you because you're a liability to town at that point :/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •