Where is the strangest place you have bumped into someone you knew?

for example have you ever bumped into your boss on holiday in Dubai

i bumped into someone i knew 200 miles from where we both lived.

At a rural gas station along a freeway I ran into a guy who'd been my roommate at an orchestra festival I'd gone to in a different country. His mom apparently owned the movie theater next to the gas station.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Worked as a contract office assistant for a few months just out of college for the office in the DC/Alexandria area that handles things like visa/green card applications, asylum claims, refugee/humanitarian claims, etc.

Walked back into work after a lunch break and saw one of my former classmates (same graduating class) who was also a foreign exchange student when I knew him, just there to take care of whatever necessary paperwork he had related to stay. Was pure timing too - my walking through the area he was in took 15 seconds for me, and maybe 3-5 minutes for him to get through and into one of the offices (at most).

Back in January 2004 (I was 17)?
    My gf and I went to a hotel
    As we were walking down the hall to our room, I saw one of our church elders leaving another room, with a woman that wasn't his wife.
    We made eye contact and never spoke to each other again.

Your mother's bedroom.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    I moved to a whole new town, over a 100 miles from home... Walking through town one day and met a dude that went to the same school as me... Was a really surreal moment lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Was walking in Paris (im from NL) when i saw a random friend of mine crossing a street.
    We did not know of eachother we were there :P
    I was like wasup bro and he looked at me as if he saw a ghost.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

A girl I went to school with and I started studying the same subject at the same university right after we finished school. 9 years later we both start studying medicine at the same university and are even in the same seminar group.

Quote Originally Posted by fleamarket View Post
    Back in January 2004 (I was 17)?
    My gf and I went to a hotel
    As we were walking down the hall to our room, I saw one of our church elders leaving another room, with a woman that wasn't his wife.
    We made eye contact and never spoke to each other again.
    Im honestly more surprised you didnt see him with another dude hahaha (not that there anything wrong with it in of itself,just the particular extra hypocricy of people in that position)