Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - December 2, 2020

Patch 9.0.2 Hotfixes - December 2, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Achievements

• Players can once again earn the achievement Straight Six from the Elegon raid encounter in the Mogu’shan Vaults.
    • Removed the Draenor and the Broken Isles Pathfinder achievement requirements for released spirits to quickly fly back to their bodies.

Characters

• Fixed an issue where Kyrian players using a flight path with the Unburden buff would encounter issues on the resulting flight.

Classes

• Death Knight
      • Unholy
        • Clawing Shadows (Talent) damage is now properly capped at 5 targets while inside Death and Decay.
    • Demon Hunter
      • General
        • Growing Inferno (Potency Conduit) damage is now capped at 10 times Immolation Aura's base damage.
        • Updated the names and icons of several Legendary Memories to better represent their effects.
        • Throw Glaive now correctly throws 3 glaives per Fel Bombardment (Legendary Effect) stack.
    • Monk
      • Windwalker
        • Storm, Earth, and Fire can now be cancelled.
    • Warlock
      • General
        • Fixed an issue where Fel Commando (Potency Conduit) would not enhance a Felguard that’s under the effect of Glyph of Wrathguard.
    • Warrior
      • General
        • Fixed an issue where, when Signet of Tormented Kings (Legendary Effect) would trigger a second Ravager, any existing Ravagers would stop dealing damage and generating Rage.

Creatures and NPCs

• Sinrunner Blanchy now has new custom sounds. Now ride forth on this noble steed and avenge her unjustly demise.
    • Added new sounds for the Hulking Deathroc mount. He is now less chatty.
    • The rewards from Gorged Shadehound can now be looted once a week.
    • Blackthorn Ambushers and Mire Tricksters in Ardenweald will no longer cast Swift Slash.

Dungeons and Raids

• Corrected an issue causing Castle Nathria to show up in the Adventure Guide prematurely. This will return next week!
    • Plaguefall
      • Margrave Stradama
        • Fixed an issue that caused Infinitely Divisible Ooze to drop for players in healer specializations.
    • Sanguine Depths
      • Fixed an issue where Essence of Z’rali could no longer be picked up after dying multiple times while holding the naaru.
    • Spires of Ascension
      • Oryphrion
        • Improved the visual performance on Empyreal Ordnance. Instances of this should now leech less anima from graphics cards.
    • Vault of the Wardens
      • Dreadlord Mendacius’ summoned Grimguard now deals appropriate damage.

Items and Rewards

• The Overflowing Ember Mirror trinket now properly notes that it deals 33% of the remaining absorb for the explosion when it expires.
    • Fixed an issue where the Unbound Changeling trinket was granting less Haste than indicated in the tooltip. Additionally, the Unbound Changeling transformation that provides all three stats (Critical Strike, Haste and Mastery) has had the stats reduced by 16% and the transformation now persists through death.
    • Strength of Blood offered by Ta’tru now increases Strength by 10 and is comparable to the other stat potions he barters.
    • The Tuft of Smoldering Plumage trinket now correctly instantly heals players that suffer lethal damage.
    • Fixed an issue where the minions summoned from the Satchel of Misbegotten Minions trinket would sometimes run in place if they triggered on a target that died. The minion should now rush to your current target or the location where the previous enemy was defeated.
    • The Enchanted Chest in Ardenweald will now respawn instantly when looted.

Player versus Player

• PvP trinkets should no longer break stuns that weren't breakable with conventional stun breaks (e.g. Ice Block).

Quests

• Covenant Campaign
      • Venthyr players will no longer sometimes incorrectly receive the Gracious Guest debuff, preventing them from completing the Ember Court scenario.
      • Some material costs for Ember Court restock quests have been adjusted to account for current market values.
      • Fixed an issue where Night Fae players could complete the Maw quest "Setting the Ground Rules" without having first done the Night Fae quest "Do What We Cannot." Players who did not do this quest and have the campaign chapter "For Queen and Grove!" displaying as incomplete should be fixed the next time they return to Oribos.
    • Ardenweald
      • “That Darn Fox” will once again provide quest rewards, including the adorable pet vulpin Renny.
    • Battle for Azeroth
      • Lady Sylvanas Windrunner is now in the appropriate phase for turning in the Horde quest “A Cycle of Hatred.”

The Maw: Eye of the Jailer

• Fixed an issue which prevented some Maw daily quests from granting bonus rewards while in War Mode.
    • Mawsworn Crossbows no longer deal excessive damage to enemy players in War Mode.

Torghast, Tower of the Damned

• Patrician Cromwell and Synod have had ability adjustments to bring them more in line with other bosses.
    • Observer Zelgar, Kosarus the Fallen, Binder Baritas, and Warden of Souls have had minor ability adjustments to be more melee friendly.
    • Kosarus the Fallen now gains stacks of Enrage at a slower rate while under the effects of Predator's Gaze and his health has been reduced by 20%.
    • Reduced the health of enemies when 4 or 5 players are present.

World Quests

• To prevent phasing issues, “Tied Totem Toter” must now be completed before being eligible for the World Quest “Trouble at the Gormling Corral.”
    • Picking up an Acolyte's Spear will no longer stop players from using their Purity Chime during “Vesiphone’s Vicious Vesper.”
    • Fixed an issue during the Bastion World Quest "Remedial Lessons" where players could destroy the Mirror Fragments and Mirrors of Ancient Teachings, blocking progress on completed objectives.
    • Fixed an issue where the Kyrian Wings could continue outside of the intended course area during the Bastion World Quest "Flight School: Flapping Frenzy.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Now, put all the legendary stuff on the last boss of the instance

Please don't make Torghast a faceroll. I had fun soloing it, WoW can do with a bit of fun/challenging solo content.

Already nerfing Thorgast? There wasn't even a challenging boss or pack in these 2 weeks wings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    so much this :P leaving tank at 2-3 boss is a plague this days

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Already nerfing Thorgast? There wasn't even a challenging boss or pack in these 2 weeks wings.
    Certain bosses were a nightmare. Synod being one of them, he was completely unkillable on my 170 Brewmaster. Frankly they need to buff non-boss portions of Torghast so there's not such a huge step between them, currently you can faceroll your way through the floors and then get wrecked by the boss with no way to kill him.

The higher difficulties of Torghast will come.

But the jump in difficulty between everything else and Patrician (I didn't encounter Synod) was remarkable.

Yes, Layers 1-3 are otherwise easy. Didn't lose a single life at any point before Patrician, then proceeded to fight a losing battle. It was overturned. If you think a massive sound in difficulty is intended you're a bit special.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vehlin View Post
    Certain bosses were a nightmare. Synod being one of them, he was completely unkillable on my 170 Brewmaster. Frankly they need to buff non-boss portions of Torghast so there's not such a huge step between them, currently you can faceroll your way through the floors and then get wrecked by the boss with no way to kill him.
    I'd agree to a degree, but layers 1-3 are made for the casual base. Even so, the trash could be a tad harder I agree.

Even with that comment though, as you say, Synod and Patrician were massively overturned, going from relaxing amble to unkillable boss (unless I have op powers) doesn't seem like an intended difficulty curve.

I don't get the nerf for groups. I found it far easier in a group than solo. But who knows how it scales up to layer 8?

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Could just put all rewards on the last boss. That would have issues as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IshouldWork View Post
    I don't get the nerf for groups. I found it far easier in a group than solo. But who knows how it scales up to layer 8?
    If I had to guess, because in a 4 or 5 people group you often have a tank and/or healer. But if the mobs scale the same it will just take longer to kill them because the overall group damage is lower.

I haven't encountered the hard bosses yet, but the Kosarus Health nerf is appreciated. We encountered him yesterday and he had nearly 2,9m health, compared to other bosses on layer 3 who only had like 1,7m-1,9m.