Poll: fast-paced meta? yay or nay

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    pvp will always be trash until they add resilience back,and thats a fact

also being to bursty isnt great,a better solution would be to make it less bursty and remove dampening,but make healers use much more mana in pvp so it doesnt become an issue of immortality,also stop giving dps classes more healing than healers

Quote Originally Posted by Nuciek View Post
    MM is meh? They have great burst, great damage overal and great toolkit as a ranged class. MM is going to be fine at high level.
    Their burst just got nerfed, plus it's fairly easy to stop. Live the opener and MM loses most of their pressure. Their sustained damage over the course of a game is not very high at all compared to most other classes. Their toolkit isn't that great either since pets die in like two seconds and you need to use turtle to revive your pet against even a moderately competent team. And if you don't use a pet then you lose a lot of your utility.

I just don't really see what MM brings to a 3s comp that isn't easily replaceable. I mean I'm sure Thug will be good because of how broken Rogues are, but even then you're probably better off running RMP or Rogue/SPriest. And once people actually get fully geared and get back to 30% versatility there's a decent chance Thug falls off hard since their burst will be more survivable.

3+ Year Old Account
    For what i remember both deadly gladiator season and malevolent glad season was super fast paced with classes able to put you down in a matter os 2 seconds. nerfing classes here too much can make everything bad. This is a nice starting point and this is why wrathful and grievous/prideful was so good.

I love listening to people who have absolutely no idea about competitive pvp talk about what's overpowered and what isn't.

Watching all the "look at how broken this is" videos on the forums, while the person recording didn't trinket or pop a single defensive while standing completely in the open always makes me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    How will you compensate the sub rogue survival if/when its toned down? Because as far as I can tell, after making sub rogue blow their trinket its one stun and GG. So please enlighten us.
    Do Sub Rogues need more survivability? I mean they have a 5 second 30% shield wall on a 15 second cooldown, cloak, evasion, and vanish. Sure, they die in a stun if they don't prewall it, but so does literally every other class in the game.

Sub Rogues could lose 30% of their burst and still be top tier currently, as it stands they're just in a tier of their own pretty above everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember my post #48 on previous page?
    As I said - the problem with rogues and rets wasn't the spec itself rather than few broken and unbalanced covenant abilities

Paladin
    (With realm restarts) Ringing Clarity (Kyrian) can now trigger up to 2 multi-casts in PvP situations (was 3).
    (With realm restarts) Judgment (Kyrian) cast from Divine Toll deals 75% increased damage in PvP situations (was 100%).
    Rogue
    (With realm restarts) Reverberation's (Kyrian) increase to Echoing Reprimand (Kyrian) damage has been reduced by 30% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Kyrian Paladins won't 1shot people anymore, same as Kyrian rogues
    MM hunters had Aimed Shot rightfully nerfed in general

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    As I said - the problem with rogues and rets wasn't the spec itself rather than few broken and unbalanced covenant abilities

Paladin
    (With realm restarts) Ringing Clarity (Kyrian) can now trigger up to 2 multi-casts in PvP situations (was 3).
    (With realm restarts) Judgment (Kyrian) cast from Divine Toll deals 75% increased damage in PvP situations (was 100%).
    Rogue
    (With realm restarts) Reverberation's (Kyrian) increase to Echoing Reprimand (Kyrian) damage has been reduced by 30% when engaged in combat with enemy players.

AH, the nerfs came! :3 to the places we all expected (me at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    AH, the nerfs came! :3 to the places we all expected (me at least)
    Rogues are still beyond busted though, doing 40K+ in burst opener if they have the crit leggo, its so stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    MM is nowhere near as busted as Sub right now.
    i would say it was even worse as sub is dependent on rather long cd`s to fast kill ppls while MM could just shot you to death form 60 yards in 2 cast and global ;P
    It all have been toned down recently, i tried some pvp yesterday and things looks much better imo, or i was been meeting some half brain representations of those classes
    Tempering with pvp talents helped a lot to

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Fast paced? Sure. But right now, pvp is a horrendous fucking mess. Piece of shit game development. I don't care the season barely started. This is why we have beta testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post

Paladin
    Rogue

Im still 1 shotting people as sub rogue, even after that nerf haha