Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Something that I think often gets lost:

Even if you're not in a world-first raiding guild, some people like to adhere to the meta at the dispense of their own aesthetic preferences as a matter of respect for their team.

"If (x) is picking a Covenant they don't like to perform better and I pick the 'worse' one I'll look like I'm putting myself ahead of the guild"
    Yeap. And being the raid leader is even worse. It seems hypocrite since I knew it in the first place, but we have a greater bound and honestly I bring a lot to the table and they all know of my choice and don't care but I can't keep this if in actual raiding its underperforming.

For respect to them and to help even more I'd do the swap, but I'm holding strong for now.

But even so, nightfae seems to be better at almost everything than venthyr so if they don't buff it tuesday I'm doing the swap before it's too late and get too far behind.
    Thanks for the heads up!

It is important to keep in mind that if you're not some hotshot top 50 world guild, but instead around world 300-400 like ours, then raider retention is paramount.

This means that if a player wants to play as spec X and covenant Y - then they should be given a green light as long as they deliver DPS and mechanics bottom line, instead of trying to force unfun choices for the person.

So if someone goes a vent lock but legit is a 95+% player that can still squeeze a lot of pewpews, then whatever. What matters bottom line is end performance and there are a lot of people who may go top covenant, but then just fail basic spec stuff, so whole lot of good that one does really.

- - - Updated - - -

Though... still vent... ugh.

They need to like triple initial damage part (god only knows what they were thinking dropping it to 20%... it's 23% now, I think?) And then another 20% buff to DoT itself for it to be decent.

I basically ask them to be middle of the pack, and do the right things at the right time.

I had a rogue once that he never swaped targets and was awfull at interrupting but had a lot of DPS, he's not with me anymore.
    You don't need everyone doing 90% but you need everyone doing their part to finish Mythic. Unless you're going for top 500 I guess or so.
    Thanks for the heads up!

if someone is worried about what everyone in their groups covenant is they already are not going to bring a lock to high end M+ since youre F Tier DPS for that content anyway

How ls malddraxxus compared to other 4 for PvE friends? Was planning on going w/e is best but don't wanna pick angel fucks or vampires. Malddraxxus is cool cause of skeletons pog.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    How ls malddraxxus compared to other 4 for PvE friends? Was planning on going w/e is best but don't wanna pick angel fucks or vampires. Malddraxxus is cool cause of skeletons pog.
    depends on the spec really, demo its really strong, destro seems fine and afflic seams to be the weakest.

Well pretty much the reason Kyrian was picked was because of Pelagos but he was nerfed hard. I think each of the Warlock's specs had a 5% difference between best and worst covenant so unless that changed (or I found myself on Noxxic somehow) it would look something like this:

Affliction
    Night Fae
    Kyrian
    Necrolord
    Venthyr

Demonology
    Night Fae
    Necrolord
    Kyrian
    Venthyr

Destruction
    Necrolord
    Night Fae
    Kyrian
    Venthyr

I'm sure someone more experienced can correct me if I'm wrong (would appreciate it actually) but that should be somewhat right.
    Expansion leak claiming Legion is the last expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    NO it will be me laughing at how you doubted this....
    Quote Originally Posted by golds
    I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Well pretty much the reason Kyrian was picked was because of Pelagos but he was nerfed hard. I think each of the Warlock's specs had a 5% difference between best and worst covenant so unless that changed (or I found myself on Noxxic somehow) it would look something like this:

Affliction
    Night Fae
    Kyrian
    Necrolord
    Venthyr

Demonology
    Night Fae
    Necrolord
    Kyrian
    Venthyr

Destruction
    Necrolord
    Night Fae
    Kyrian
    Venthyr

I'm sure someone more experienced can correct me if I'm wrong (would appreciate it actually) but that should be somewhat right.
    why no one reply to this guy pepehands

why no one reply to this guy pepehands
    Because nobody cares about this shit forum anymore.

If you want legit lock info and discussion - you go to discord. This place is just for memes and random offhand responses when bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Because nobody cares about this shit forum anymore.

If you want legit lock info and discussion - you go to discord. This place is just for memes and random offhand responses when bored.
    ahh thank you friendo peepohug

Am I correct in assuming that all x4 within them have damage leaning choices and mitigation leaning choices? Also, each one of the 4 seems to lean towards mitigation/damage/utility?

I find Necro to be the most straight up mitigation with Flesh (shield) and then 15% shield when below 50% and cc immunity while channeling flesh. I find Necro attractive as Affi is probably the squishiest caster in all of Shadowlands ..

I plan on playing destro and enjoy BG's in my downtime, still researching choices but Necro looks really nice right about now.

Thoughts for best mitigation setup?
    Last edited by Cempa; 2020-12-13 at 11:27 AM.