Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lucasfilm wants a young Luke Skywalker

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ergnet_5989629

Apparently it's legit and they already got this Sebastian Stan fellow for it. Young Luke could eman a Manadlorian appearance another film or even a second tv series.

Apparently they are going for a new actor instead of de-aging Hamil.

I'm expecting reboots of the OT by 2030

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm expecting reboots of the OT by 2030
    ...No more likely to use the character post RoTJ not reboot the OT.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Well the article says its still a rumor, there's no confirmation in there, and Stan has long been a fan casting, but again, nothing is set in stone.

Let Star Wars rest ffs!!

Not that Stan wouldn't be a perfect casting choice, but this "news" is basically an "insider" saying that Lucasfilms is open to casting a new actor rather than de-aging Hamill.

Really hardly a confirmation of anything, and less so of Stan's casting beyond the fan support.

Wevegotthiscovered is well known for making "news" up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Let Star Wars rest ffs!!
    You really think Disney paid 4 billion for Star Wars to "let it rest?" They're gonna milk the shit til' there's not a tit left.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that Disney has problems being original but can't they consider a story set a significant number of years, like 200, after the originals so that they stop messing with them? Or go the KOTOR route and even further back.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

They should come up with some new characters far into the future of star wars instead of drawing out the same characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    You really think Disney paid 4 billion for Star Wars to "let it rest?" They're gonna milk the shit til' there's not a tit left.
    Dunno...Luke was fondling a boob in TLJ as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Not that Stan wouldn't be a perfect casting choice, but this "news" is basically an "insider" saying that Lucasfilms is open to casting a new actor rather than de-aging Hamill.

Really hardly a confirmation of anything, and less so of Stan's casting beyond the fan support.
    I hope it's true. That deaging stuff, even when it looks okay, still feels wrong for stuff like flashbacks or films set in the past. It's distracting in a way recasting the part isn't.

Uh, they've already had a "Young Skywalker," Hamill in the OT.

Stan is already older than Hamill ever was in the OT. What's the timeline they're looking for here, post-ROTJ? That's not young Skywalker.

7+ Year Old Account
    Seems a bit nutty. If I was going to go for a young Skywalker actor the actor would be in his 20s. 38? Yeah, no.

Granted, I'm not running a studio so wtf do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Seems a bit nutty. If I was going to go for a young Skywalker actor the actor would be in his 20s. 38? Yeah, no.

Granted, I'm not running a studio so wtf do I know.
    I assume that if there's any validity to this, it's because they want the character in his prime. We've seen "fresh off the farm" Luke and we've seen "jaded old man who lost everything" Luke. So a Luke in his mid/late 30s with full control over his power trying build/rebuild a Jedi order (or whatever he would be doing) is a decent idea.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2020-12-04 at 09:45 AM.

For the love of the force, can we just stop it with the Skywalkers.

It was great. It was the original. It's done.

DO SOMETHING NEW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I assume that if there's any validity to this, it's because they want the character in his prime. We've seen "fresh of the farm" Luke and we've seen "jaded old man who lost everything" Luke. So a Luke in his mid/late 30s with full control over his power trying build/rebuild a Jedi order (or whatever he would be doing) is a decent idea.
    Sure, if they were going for a middle aged Luke. But the article says "young". Is late 30s considered young? Really, I don't give a shit either way. I just thought it was odd to read "young" associated with a 38 year old actor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    For the love of the force, can we just stop it with the Skywalkers.

It was great. It was the original. It's done.

DO SOMETHING NEW.
    What we really need is a cross over with Skywalker and Superman!!!!! Now that would be original!

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Sure, if they were going for a middle aged Luke. But the article says "young". Is late 30s considered young? Really, I don't give a shit either way. I just thought it was odd to read "young" associated with a 38 year old actor.
    I mean...compared to a 70 year old Luke? Yeah, it's pretty young.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    For the nth time wreck the plot of an old film to make a new film, why be creative when it's easier to copy-paste while laughing all the way to the bank. Oh, and sueing everyone that tries to copy the same shit you're copying.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

The whole link is rumour upon rumour upon "bruh believe me! my brothers sisters landlord's niece works at Lucasfilm!"