Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    I'd quite like to see a villain film about how Palpatine rose to power.
    RETH

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    I'd quite like to see a villain film about how Palpatine rose to power.
    You still need a hero, even in a film that focuses on the villains’ POV. The audience needs someone they can relate to—someone to cheer for—even if it’s the villain, like in Joker. We emphasized with him and could understand his downfall because it could be relatable.

    Palpatine is too evil; he has no redeemable qualities.
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2020-12-04 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Typo
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Let Star Wars rest ffs!!
    why not ignore new stuff and keep watching the old stuff? That way it's resting for you...

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    why not ignore new stuff and keep watching the old stuff? That way it's resting for you...
    Roflmao - well said my friend. Well said.
    Valewalker Farodin: "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

    My long replies often repeat info to make sure: You get all the info I have, It is clear and complete, in case you didn't actually read the first one. New readers have context at hand and are reminded of the point

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer vian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Random
    Posts
    3,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Let Star Wars rest ffs!!
    Agree!
    I love the universe, hate eveything post the originals.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    Agree!
    I love the universe, hate eveything post the originals.
    Wow. So you don’t love the universe. You love the OT. See, the universe is mostly post originals. So on balance, you hate the universe but love 3 movies set in it.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Wow. So you don’t love the universe. You love the OT. See, the universe is mostly post originals. So on balance, you hate the universe but love 3 movies set in it.
    He could also love all the extended universe stuff based around the first 3 movies, which is all the former EU now made obsolete and possibly the KotOR/SWtOR stuff
    Valewalker Farodin: "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

    My long replies often repeat info to make sure: You get all the info I have, It is clear and complete, in case you didn't actually read the first one. New readers have context at hand and are reminded of the point

  8. #28
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    65,728
    No. More. Skywalkers.

    Or Palpatines, for that matter.

    They haven't been interesting since 1983.

    I will make the small exception for Darth Vader's appearances in a few properties, but only when he's treated as a walking apocalypse rather than a human being; that iconic scene in Rogue One, and the chase scene in Fallen Order both spring to mind.

    I did like Luke's bit in The Last Jedi, but the trilogy as a whole has been more negative than positive. And Fisher's Leia was wasted, even ignoring her passing and how it forced them to adapt.

    The best non-film Star Wars stuff has never been about the Skywalkers and Palpatines. KOTOR 1/2 vastly predated them, and Revan's a massive fan favorite. The Clone Wars is good despite Anakin's presence; I would argue he brings the least of any character to that show and the only important thing he does is mentor Ahsoka, and that's only important because Ahsoka's great as a character. Rebels was great, Rogue One was good, the only bad part of Han Solo was Han Solo, and The Mandalorian has been fantastic (still haven't started Season 2 so don't fuck it up for me). I don't know why Lucasfilm things we need the Skywalkers; the fans clearly don't.

  9. #29
    Luke Skywalker is an emotional hotheaded kid.

    That sort of character really doesn't exist these days. Modern characters are brooding, sullen, with a constipated face. Maybe a lot of smirking. I'm sitting here thinking of a young actor that can play a hothead and I am at a total loss.

    I'm going thru my mind of ensemble casts of young actors. XMen:First class? All constipated. The Twilight saga? All constipated. The 100? All constipated. (I admit I watched a limited amount of that one). Sebastian Stan is a bad fit as well because he acts constipated too. Need someone with fire in the belly.

    The only hotheaded character I can think of (that at least acted young) was Bill Cipher in Gravity Falls. But that's a cartoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I get that Disney has problems being original but can't they consider a story set a significant number of years, like 200, after the originals so that they stop messing with them? Or go the KOTOR route and even further back.
    I'm pretty sure they DID announce something like that. They're developing a load of content for the "High Republic" era, hundreds of years before the prequels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  11. #31
    Rupert Grint might be able to do a hotheaded young Luke but he is aging out at this point at 32.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  12. #32
    Elemental Lord callipygoustp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    8,092
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I mean...compared to a 70 year old Luke? Yeah, it's pretty young.
    LOL well yeah, of course. Certainly younger. Certainly not the definition of young though.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I'm pretty sure they DID announce something like that. They're developing a load of content for the "High Republic" era, hundreds of years before the prequels.
    If they were smart, they'd commission a new Star Wars mmo set in the High Republic, and get the people who did great stories to do ones for it. Release it close to the time of the high republic itself.. could be great.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Rupert Grint might be able to do a hotheaded young Luke but he is aging out at this point at 32.
    It's much easier for a 30-55 year old to be made to look like anything in their teens up to their 70s, than it is for a 70 year old to be able to made to look like a teenager or act like one.

    I know a 42 year old that has the body and face of a 19-23 year old, a guy like that can easily play anything from 16 to 50, easier for him to play under 35s though, but he's 42. by the time he is 5r5 given he doesn't loose his fitness or shape, he'd still be in business and young/fit enough to play younger roles, probably up to well past his 60s.
    Valewalker Farodin: "Magic has long been a vice of the elves. It shaped us, and lifted us out of the darkness - but without balance, it also threatens to unmake us."

    My long replies often repeat info to make sure: You get all the info I have, It is clear and complete, in case you didn't actually read the first one. New readers have context at hand and are reminded of the point

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    He could also love all the extended universe stuff based around the first 3 movies, which is all the former EU now made obsolete and possibly the KotOR/SWtOR stuff
    Nah, that’s all after the originals. I’m taking them at their word. They hate everything except the OT.

  15. #35
    Sebastian Stan looks so much like Mark Hamill that even Mark talked about it being creepy. If anyone should ever play young Luke, it should be him.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Let Star Wars rest ffs!!
    There is no reason to let it rest, just do the material justice.. which they dont seem to want to do

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The Mandalorian has been fantastic (still haven't started Season 2 so don't fuck it up for me).
    Season 2 has been amazing. Evidently the latest episode is that Vince McMahon meme in action.
    Do I really look like a guy with a plan?

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    I hope it's true. That deaging stuff, even when it looks okay, still feels wrong for stuff like flashbacks or films set in the past. It's distracting in a way recasting the part isn't.
    Agreed; I really prefer them casting people that looks similar rather than de-aging them -unless it's like a cameo so I'm like eh maybe-

    Like for real, You could get Samara Weaving, Margot Robbie and Jamie Pressly playing the same character at different ages -or sisters lol-

    I really liked how they just used a new actress fro Mon Mothma; I know she wasn't a main character, but it really worked! On the other hand, I haven't seen Solo, and I'm sure the guy gave a good performance, but he looked nothing like Harrison Ford, so maybe they should put more effort in staying true to the characters rather than just put whatever rising star for PR reasons :/

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I get that Disney has problems being original but can't they consider a story set a significant number of years, like 200, after the originals so that they stop messing with them? Or go the KOTOR route and even further back.
    Agreed! Jesus. Come up with your own story.

    They screwed the pooch on Rey, there's nothing left for her to fight... I mean they already brought everyone back once so other than a new threat she's pretty tapped out.

  20. #40
    Odd, title of thread made me assume it would be a young boy for the obi-wan kenobi show..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •