Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd quite like to see a villain film about how Palpatine rose to power.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Let Star Wars rest ffs!!
    why not ignore new stuff and keep watching the old stuff? That way it's resting for you...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    why not ignore new stuff and keep watching the old stuff? That way it's resting for you...
    Roflmao - well said my friend. Well said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let Star Wars rest ffs!!
    Agree!
    I love the universe, hate eveything post the originals.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Wow. So you don’t love the universe. You love the OT. See, the universe is mostly post originals. So on balance, you hate the universe but love 3 movies set in it.
    He could also love all the extended universe stuff based around the first 3 movies, which is all the former EU now made obsolete and possibly the KotOR/SWtOR stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    No. More. Skywalkers.

Or Palpatines, for that matter.

They haven't been interesting since 1983.

I will make the small exception for Darth Vader's appearances in a few properties, but only when he's treated as a walking apocalypse rather than a human being; that iconic scene in Rogue One, and the chase scene in Fallen Order both spring to mind.

I did like Luke's bit in The Last Jedi, but the trilogy as a whole has been more negative than positive. And Fisher's Leia was wasted, even ignoring her passing and how it forced them to adapt.

The best non-film Star Wars stuff has never been about the Skywalkers and Palpatines. KOTOR 1/2 vastly predated them, and Revan's a massive fan favorite. The Clone Wars is good despite Anakin's presence; I would argue he brings the least of any character to that show and the only important thing he does is mentor Ahsoka, and that's only important because Ahsoka's great as a character. Rebels was great, Rogue One was good, the only bad part of Han Solo was Han Solo, and The Mandalorian has been fantastic (still haven't started Season 2 so don't fuck it up for me). I don't know why Lucasfilm things we need the Skywalkers; the fans clearly don't.

Luke Skywalker is an emotional hotheaded kid.

That sort of character really doesn't exist these days. Modern characters are brooding, sullen, with a constipated face. Maybe a lot of smirking. I'm sitting here thinking of a young actor that can play a hothead and I am at a total loss.

I'm going thru my mind of ensemble casts of young actors. XMen:First class? All constipated. The Twilight saga? All constipated. The 100? All constipated. (I admit I watched a limited amount of that one). Sebastian Stan is a bad fit as well because he acts constipated too. Need someone with fire in the belly.

The only hotheaded character I can think of (that at least acted young) was Bill Cipher in Gravity Falls. But that's a cartoon.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I get that Disney has problems being original but can't they consider a story set a significant number of years, like 200, after the originals so that they stop messing with them? Or go the KOTOR route and even further back.
    I'm pretty sure they DID announce something like that. They're developing a load of content for the "High Republic" era, hundreds of years before the prequels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Rupert Grint might be able to do a hotheaded young Luke but he is aging out at this point at 32.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I mean...compared to a 70 year old Luke? Yeah, it's pretty young.
    LOL well yeah, of course. Certainly younger. Certainly not the definition of young though.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I'm pretty sure they DID announce something like that. They're developing a load of content for the "High Republic" era, hundreds of years before the prequels.
    If they were smart, they'd commission a new Star Wars mmo set in the High Republic, and get the people who did great stories to do ones for it. Release it close to the time of the high republic itself.. could be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Rupert Grint might be able to do a hotheaded young Luke but he is aging out at this point at 32.
    It's much easier for a 30-55 year old to be made to look like anything in their teens up to their 70s, than it is for a 70 year old to be able to made to look like a teenager or act like one.

I know a 42 year old that has the body and face of a 19-23 year old, a guy like that can easily play anything from 16 to 50, easier for him to play under 35s though, but he's 42. by the time he is 5r5 given he doesn't loose his fitness or shape, he'd still be in business and young/fit enough to play younger roles, probably up to well past his 60s.

Sebastian Stan looks so much like Mark Hamill that even Mark talked about it being creepy. If anyone should ever play young Luke, it should be him.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let Star Wars rest ffs!!
    There is no reason to let it rest, just do the material justice.. which they dont seem to want to do

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The Mandalorian has been fantastic (still haven't started Season 2 so don't fuck it up for me).
    Season 2 has been amazing. Evidently the latest episode is that Vince McMahon meme in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    I hope it's true. That deaging stuff, even when it looks okay, still feels wrong for stuff like flashbacks or films set in the past. It's distracting in a way recasting the part isn't.
    Agreed; I really prefer them casting people that looks similar rather than de-aging them -unless it's like a cameo so I'm like eh maybe-

Like for real, You could get Samara Weaving, Margot Robbie and Jamie Pressly playing the same character at different ages -or sisters lol-

I really liked how they just used a new actress fro Mon Mothma; I know she wasn't a main character, but it really worked! On the other hand, I haven't seen Solo, and I'm sure the guy gave a good performance, but he looked nothing like Harrison Ford, so maybe they should put more effort in staying true to the characters rather than just put whatever rising star for PR reasons :/

5+ Year Old Account
    Odd, title of thread made me assume it would be a young boy for the obi-wan kenobi show..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    If I recall isn't that intended to be just a book series at the moment and they have this thing about connecting it to the roots of the prequels? When I mean go further back I mean literally a past so far back it's completely unconnected to the trilogy.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

5+ Year Old Account
    Makes me think of a young chuck norris, not luke...

10+ Year Old Account
    Let Star Wars rest ffs!!
    If only. The franchise has a lot of fans but the fans are toxic as hell. Star Wars fandom may be the worst fandom out there. The recent trilogy proves that.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-12-05 at 02:40 AM.

"For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire."

Yet Lucasfilm keeps focusing on the same Goddamn generation!!! >:O

Mark Hamill is Luke Skywalker.

Harrison Ford is Han Solo, and Solo showed that can't be changed. Let those movies stand the test of time and give us some Old Republic movies before I bust a nut.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    If only. The franchise has a lot of fans but the fans are toxic as hell. Star Wars fandom may be the worst fandom out there. The recent trilogy proves that.
    WWE fans are worse.