Question Help with first legendary - Echoes of Great Sundering - Elemental Shaman

Hi all,

I've just created my first legendary - Echoes of Great Sundering - When you cast Earth Shock, your next Earthquake will deal 175% additional damage.

I read before hand that it's supposed to be the best one. However, I'm having a ton of trouble using it.

On mobs in the world I don't generate enough maelstrom with my rotation to put an earthquake down in the required 15 secs after using up all my maelstrom on the required earth shock. If I get lucky with procs then I have enough maelstrom for the earthquake with about 3 secs to go... however... if I'm lucky with procs then mobs are dead!

In dungeons also useless, pack of trash is pulled, I get enough maelstrom for the earth shock, then enough again for one earthquake and by then mobs are almost dead. Would have been better off going with 2 x earthquakes with my maelstrom instead of 1 x earth shock and 1 x earthquake at 175% dmg.

Ok I thought, maybe single target bosses that are alive for longer. Nope. So many bosses are being moved around that earthquake is redundant.

I just have no idea how this is supposed to be the best one? I'm feeling like I've made a huge mistake.

Please tell me I am missing something.

Thanks!

A very confused shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Confusedshaman View Post
    Snip
    Carry maelstrom from pack to pack.

Stormkeeper > ES > CL > EarthQuake > CL > ES.... etc...

Hope for aftershock proccs, Use the conduit that gives more maelstrom per lightning bolt (high voltage).

Basically you have to set it up and play around with that idea. For a single target raid it will be easier to use because you can naturally throw it out after a shock, but dungeon packs won't live long enough to get value out of it if you aren't planning ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Carry maelstrom from pack to pack.

Stormkeeper > ES > CL > EarthQuake > CL > ES.... etc...

Hope for aftershock proccs, Use the conduit that gives more maelstrom per lightning bolt (high voltage).

Basically you have to set it up and play around with that idea. For a single target raid it will be easier to use because you can naturally throw it out after a shock, but dungeon packs won't live long enough to get value out of it if you aren't planning ahead.
    I was considering the Aftershock talent as I'm not currently running with it as it's the weaker one out of the 3, however, now I have this legendary it could be worth giving it a shot.

I didn't think about the conduit so that's a great suggestion

And yeah, I'm hoping things in raids will fair better due to not dying so fast!

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Confusedshaman View Post
    Hi all,

I've just created my first legendary - Echoes of Great Sundering - When you cast Earth Shock, your next Earthquake will deal 175% additional damage.

I read before hand that it's supposed to be the best one. However, I'm having a ton of trouble using it.

On mobs in the world I don't generate enough maelstrom with my rotation to put an earthquake down in the required 15 secs after using up all my maelstrom on the required earth shock. If I get lucky with procs then I have enough maelstrom for the earthquake with about 3 secs to go... however... if I'm lucky with procs then mobs are dead!

In dungeons also useless, pack of trash is pulled, I get enough maelstrom for the earth shock, then enough again for one earthquake and by then mobs are almost dead. Would have been better off going with 2 x earthquakes with my maelstrom instead of 1 x earth shock and 1 x earthquake at 175% dmg.

Ok I thought, maybe single target bosses that are alive for longer. Nope. So many bosses are being moved around that earthquake is redundant.

I just have no idea how this is supposed to be the best one? I'm feeling like I've made a huge mistake.

Please tell me I am missing something.

Thanks!

A very confused shaman.
    Ya, same problem here, did you ever get it working to your satisfaction? I have only been using it on questing for a an hour but so far very dissatisfied...

I do agree that the lego is tough to get used to but one thing to keep in mind is that the damage boost is 175%, so that one buffed earthquake is worth 2.75 earthquakes, plus the dmg from earthshock. Makes it a bit better to think about. Aftershock definetely makes it feel alot better though.

You should not be running the high voltage conduit. Running eq shoulders just makes the playstyle a little more complex since you need to be thinking ahead for when to save maelstrom. It is definitely the best leggo in M+ and on a good number of boss fights in Nathria. Aftershock is a phenomenal talent in M+ but even when using eq shoulders in raid you should almost always be using elemental blast. Stormearthandlava is a good resource if you still need help.