Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Why dont we know what populist means? I'm just trying to link this what milchshake is doing?
    You could have just said what it means... instead of spending two posts complaining that you won’t... I think it’s because you don’t know what it means... seems pretty obvious.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the fuck am I going to do what you want? You're so god damn pretentious.

Instead of insulting people's intelligence because they wont play childish games with you, just say what you want to say.
    I already did, his post was about populism. You don’t get it... not my problem... you want to be confused for a Trump supporter more? By all means... just ignore what I said...

Edit: I ask question, because the idea behind it, is that you are smart enough to figure out what was wrong, based on answering it. When you tell me to answer it for you, you are asking me to tell you what to think... instead of your own ability... Yet... you interpret that as pretentious... all power to you my friend...

Oh well...

Last edited by Felya; 2020-12-05 at 05:57 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    And? This changes what I said how?
    Jeebus... you said:

Your anti fascist display picture contrasted with johnbrowns sig and this post is just... ???? The fuck.
    Do you like populism? Do you think populism is a left wing or right wing ideology? Why do you think pointing at populism, contradicts Antifa?

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you think the point I was trying to make was?
    Whine about a poster? I don’t know... his signature wasn’t on topic, nor the avatar... so... other than whining about a poster... I can’t tell... Derive some sort opinion of him, based on something out of context or your lack of understanding?

- - - Updated - - -

Haha that edit. Kinda proving my point there.
    How so? Are you sure you are not proving mine? You think switching posters you whine about, is somehow off brand? Google the meaning of the song...

Edit: Now I know you are not Italian... I’m guessing then, you understood the lyrics of the Russian song? Since you understood that wasn’t pretentious? Can you figure out what I’m doing yet?

Edit 2: 9:30 AM in Russia... this is fun... at least tell me if I figure it out.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-12-05 at 06:31 AM.

Congratulations, all of you, for falling for the self-addmitted shitposter's bait thread... yet again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Does this hold true once brick and mortar dies?

There is a rather steady rise in consumers purchasing goods directly from china and amazon is a gaint company. What happens when they don't do business from within your own country but from outside of it?

Globalization is the death of nations I don't think you can retain the level of bargaining power you expect to be working with.
    This is what I meant when I said you don't understand basic terminology.

If Amazon is selling to and delivering to Canada, where I live, they're doing business in Canada. It doesn't matter where their headquarters are. Still have to abide by Canadian laws and taxes and all that.

If they don't, they don't get to sell in Canada.

If things worked like you seem to think, tariffs couldn't exist. They do. Because you're deeply confused about how things work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Congratulations, all of you, for falling for the self-addmitted shitposter's bait thread... yet again.
    Yeah I don't I get it. There's no real topic or idea to debate in this kind of thread. Even Chicken Drummer threads have more to discuss and that's setting a pretty low bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is what I meant when I said you don't understand basic terminology.

If Amazon is selling to and delivering to Canada, where I live, they're doing business in Canada. It doesn't matter where their headquarters are. Still have to abide by Canadian laws and taxes and all that.

If they don't, they don't get to sell in Canada.

If things worked like you seem to think, tariffs couldn't exist. They do. Because you're deeply confused about how things work.
    I am to be honest why would the suppliers work with canada rather then using Amazon as a middle man?

Tariffs could exist but barring a few select goods they don't currently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I am to be honest why would the suppliers work with canada rather then using Amazon as a middle man?
    Because Canadian consumers live in Canada and doing business with Canadian consumers is the thing that is being taxed.

The bullshit you're posting isn't even true of the US domestically; people living in Washington still have to pay state sales tax for shit they order out of state even if the company isn't based in WA.

Oh, there's also the simple fact that all the deregulation in the world hasn't stopped Kansas from being Kansas, meanwhile despite continual predictions of California's "imminent death by liberalism" the worst off states in the US when it comes to any social and economic metric you care to name are almost universally red ones that rely on raping their natural landscape for the tax dollars they say they don't need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Another Woke piece of shit thing
    Does it come for Male or Female
    Or its has 9867347838 genders options ?

So basically this whole thread could have been dismissed by admitting that $58 for a domestically made, decent quality sweatshirt that is also meant to raise money for a political campaign is not at all overpriced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    "Buy American" is woke, apparently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    So basically this whole thread could have been dismissed by admitting that $58 for a domestically made, decent quality sweatshirt that is also meant to raise money for a political campaign is not at all overpriced.
    Meanwhile we're hearing not a peep about the blue MAGA hats certain centrist idiots are trying to push.

Only appropriate response:

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    MAGA hats made in China is patriotic. Sweathshirts made in the US by US workers being paid a decent wage is "woke shit".

How you people don't explode from the contradictions you embody is beyond me.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Imagine that, clothing made by people who are unionized, get paid properly, and is intended to raise money for political purposes actually cost a lot more than cheap shirts made by South-east asians.
    A lot of the trend towards exploitative labour comes from the insane drive to push prices down everywhere.

There's lots of cheap goods out there for the poor, I don't mind personally paying a few extra dollars for a decent product I want, especially if the workers are treated well.

10+ Year Old Account
    $58 for a bulky sweater with Comic Sans font?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    $58 for a bulky sweater with Comic Sans font?
    Spend 58$ to donate to her campaign and you get a FREE shirt? Does that make everyone feel better? Now it’s free... weeeeeeeeeeee.....

:|

Edit: Raise your hand if you think the bag you get form PBS when donating 100$ is not worth even 10... WTF PBS?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-12-05 at 01:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Spend 58$ to donate to her campaign and you get a FREE shirt? Does that make everyone feel better? Now it’s free... weeeeeeeeeeee.....

:|

Gib money, receive shirt.

Also, Comic Sans font. Or damn close to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    Gib money, receive shirt.

Also, Comic Sans font. Or damn close to it.
    Yes, the outrage... you should see how much blood I had to give, to get a stupid button. WTF blood center? Who charged blood for a button?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, the outrage... you should see how much blood I had to give, to get a stupid button. WTF blood center? Who charged blood for a button?

Yeah how dare they charge you to give them your blood! Also, did the button have Comic Sans font on it?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You're mischaracterizing the left.

If you remember the 90s, the progressives were the ones protesting NAFTA and siding with labor. It was centrist Dems and LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE REPUBLICAN IN CONGRESS who passed it and lauded it.
    Yeah, pushed by Bill Clinton, who turned coat to get a legislative win in an all GOP congress, when we first saw the political center tilt rightward and it never went back.
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Since then, globalization has become an inevitable, unavoidable reality, so progressives have pushed for equitable, strict (much stricter than NAFTA), enforceable trade agreements, acknowledging the that the only way American labor can compete with foreign labor is if foreign labor is on the same footing. That's obviously never going to happen, but there's no other good solution (imo) these days, because protectionism leads to hyperinflation and our economy not being competitive in an unavoidable global economy.
    Spreading the pain around is the same position of the same democrats that told us "just wait" for the past 25yrs. It's semantically similar to "trickle down." Or better, spreading pollution around so the more affected countries can breathe easier. Which is how I view most dems these polluted with ideas of the Right.