Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I crafted my MM legendary but now really enjoy BM.

So i levelled with both BM and MM and enjoyed both but MM felt instantly more appealing.
    I played BM in a previous exp cant remember which but got bored.
    Running mythics ive been mostly MM but the odd run i used BM and its really growing on me so much so im wondering if i made a mistake with MM as my main up to now.
    The thing is i crafted my MM legendary but now wondering is it too late to switch over to BM, am i left way behind?

They're fairly cheap to make, just make another one. Most people are waiting until mythic raid week to make theirs anyway. You're not behind at all.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Just need to wait until you can craft a second legendary in a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Efioanaes View Post
    now wondering is it too late to switch over to BM, am i left way behind?
    This question, in one form or another, always comes up, expansion after expansion, patch after patch. The answer is always a no. Why should this time be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    This question, in one form or another, always comes up, expansion after expansion, patch after patch. The answer is always a no. Why should this time be any different?
    Thanks Sithalos and r09ue

Quote Originally Posted by Efioanaes View Post
    So i levelled with both BM and MM and enjoyed both but MM felt instantly more appealing.
    I played BM in a previous exp cant remember which but got bored.
    Running mythics ive been mostly MM but the odd run i used BM and its really growing on me so much so im wondering if i made a mistake with MM as my main up to now.
    The thing is i crafted my MM legendary but now wondering is it too late to switch over to BM, am i left way behind?
    Nope.
    For a lot of classes/specs it's better to craft a 2nd legendary first before they upgrade their main legendary.
    I might even do the same and craft the BM/SV legendary too before upgrading my MM one.

Upgrading is only a minor dps gain for the stats.

I'm really unsure on the BM legendary anyway.

For a start it seems more designed for survival, who won't end up accidentally casting it on a foreground cobweb or branch that got in the way of where you're clicking...

And it's fiddly to use and optimum usage means the boss can't move.

It just seems BM hasn't really had a good legendary designed for it this patch. Everything is so underwhelming it hurts. I feel there's a big knee-jerk tuning patch on the way, followed by another once the world first race is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    This isn't true. As soon as the Soulforge Embers dot is active, the boss can move away from the tar trap/flare and it won't drop the dot.

That's unfortunate. Definitely too late now might as well delete the character and start over next patch/expansion.

You’re fine. Just swap if you want. Just don’t knee jerk and swap to BM, craft your BM lego, just to want to swap again.
    Basically, try not to get swept up into the “grass is always greener on the other side” loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    This isn't true. As soon as the Soulforge Embers dot is active, the boss can move away from the tar trap/flare and it won't drop the dot.
    Optimum use is 2 flares per trap.

15+ Year Old Account

For a start it seems more designed for survival, who won't end up accidentally casting it on a foreground cobweb or branch that got in the way of where you're clicking...

It just seems BM hasn't really had a good legendary designed for it this patch. Everything is so underwhelming it hurts. I feel there's a big knee-jerk tuning patch on the way, followed by another once the world first race is done.
    The boss moving is irrelevant. It's a dot applied regardless of standing in it or not. Although yes it is finicky, however once the tar trap is down is can be used for multiple ignites without needing a new trap. Only the flare so it is easier to move in to your rotation after the trap. I have to admit though I'm not a fan of a legendary that requires 2 GCD's to activate in the first place. That seems overly punishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    The boss moving is irrelevant. It's a dot applied regardless of standing in it or not. Although yes it is finicky, however once the tar trap is down is can be used for multiple ignites without needing a new trap. Only the flare so it is easier to move in to your rotation after the trap. I have to admit though I'm not a fan of a legendary that requires 2 GCD's to activate in the first place. That seems overly punishing.
    I'm also not fond of the fact that tanks can't see where you've dropped the Night Fae ability in dungeons (and presumably raids) while it's fine in Torghast and outdoors.

In my opinion, at least with current haste levels. BM has enough unused GCDs to just get the added benefit of the legendary.
    What's it again, 2 Cobras between each barbed shot is focus-neutral, or something like that? The extra buttons you can use to add DPS are very welcome whenever I play BM
    And the damage is good, especially in AoE.

But I'd consider it a lot less usuable as MM.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-08 at 04:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm also not fond of the fact that tanks can't see where you've dropped the Night Fae ability in dungeons (and presumably raids) while it's fine in Torghast and outdoors.
    Really? I can see others. The tank just not have settings on low?

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Really? I can see others. The tank just not have settings on low?
    No, same or higher settings than I have. I can only see my own as well, even when running with a whole troupe of other Night Fae hunters. At least this was the case as of Thursday or Friday when I last ran one. You can see tar traps and healing rain, etc. Just not Wild Spirits.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, same or higher settings than I have. I can only see my own as well, even when running with a whole troupe of other Night Fae hunters. At least this was the case as of Thursday or Friday when I last ran one. You can see tar traps and healing rain, etc. Just not Wild Spirits.
    I was playing last night and a couple days ago and have been able to see other players covenants including another Hunter's Wild Spirits. It must be recent.

It was helpful because we'd alternate Wild Spirits on packs. He'd do one, I'd do one.

BM is indeed very enjoyable and comfortable to play. The problem is that it's trash at PVP, and for someone like me who enjoys solo pvp between raids, BM is just not cutting it.

If Blizzard buffs BM PVP in 9.1 I will most definitely play BM again, but for now I'm forced to play MM because BM does tank damage in PVP.

I would just play another game if you think it is not worth your time to go back and start over...etc. Many people do that, and often.

BM is weak, but such nice spec to play. I hope MM got nerfed hard soon.