Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Any ideas how to kill rogue in wpvp?

I havent played since launch of bfa and since then i am not up to date, but sub rogues are way OP. Stunned whole way to death all the time from different players. Would the pvp trinkets resolve this issue?

The problem is with being stunned for the whole thing lmao ������ I literally went to the fridge and came up, yup still stunned

Nelf DH <
    Venthyr
    183 ilvl

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now? You don't, they are broken as all hell. My main alt is a rogue, they aren't even geared and I dumpster people harder than my mythic0 geared main, who's Ret.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

and their Anima abilities just got buffed
    and don't be surprised if their class is BUFFED again. This is typical of Blizzard turning a blind eye to players who love and enjoy PVP but allow classes to get so far out of control that it takes years to repair their thinking process.

Rogues will only get stronger in the game, followed up by Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    I havent played since launch of bfa and since then i am not up to date, but sub rogues are way OP. Stunned whole way to death all the time from different players. Would the pvp trinkets resolve this issue?

The problem is with being stunned for the whole thing lmao ������ I literally went to the fridge and came up, yup still stunned

Nelf DH <
    Venthyr
    183 ilvl
    Yes, you NEED the trinket. No chance without it which tbh, is a good thing, if a rogue cant 100-0 someone with all cds popped then the game sucks. But rogues are very strong atm, they will get weaker over time as gear progresses etc, but you will always need the trinket to survive.

VS bad rogues often just trinketing, ccing them with sap or so, and then stunning their trinket can be enough to kill them. A good rogue will still oneshot you though (especially if he still has the BFA trinkets, because they are still broken).

Quote Originally Posted by Meowtwo View Post
    Yes, you NEED the trinket. No chance without it which tbh, is a good thing
    Yes it is. It is a good thing and it should remain like that. You cannot degrade them only as a utility tool.
    And anyway, 99% of people are just too bad to kill rogues anyway. It is relatively simple.

You can't. Rogue are currently broken and can 100 to 0 in less than 2 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Extremely bursty early xpac which favors highly cooldown-dependent specs. Rogues are in this category plus basically all of their capabilities are frontloaded into the first 10s of combat. If combat lasts 10s, the weaknesses of rogues will never appear.

I actually think rets are more OP right now because they have almost sub rogue level burst, but their survivability and sustain is way higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    Yes it is. It is a good thing and it should remain like that. You cannot degrade them only as a utility tool.
    And anyway, 99% of people are just too bad to kill rogues anyway. It is relatively simple.
    lol at 99% of people "just being bad" instead of rogue being OP. cant argue with that.

By way of cloak + vanish, actually killing a rogue is practically impossible in wpvp. If they somehow manage to not look like they are going to win after getting the opener, they can practically always get away due to their inherent escape ability.

I suppose best case scenario is you have your trinket and the rogue doesn't while you play something with hard CC and burst, too? Otherwise your best, albeit incredibly unlikely scenario, is just manage not to die.

You don't lmao

https://streamable.com/eoc4ci 100-0 before Cheap Shot even wore off.

Yes, you NEED the trinket. No chance without it which tbh, is a good thing, if a rogue cant 100-0 someone with all cds popped then the game sucks. But rogues are very strong atm, they will get weaker over time as gear progresses etc, but you will always need the trinket to survive.

VS bad rogues often just trinketing, ccing them with sap or so, and then stunning their trinket can be enough to kill them. A good rogue will still oneshot you though (especially if he still has the BFA trinkets, because they are still broken).
    Were you serious with the "if a rogue cant 100-0 someone with all cds popped then the game sucks." ?

HIT IT VERY HARD! repeat until dead

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Were you serious with the "if a rogue cant 100-0 someone with all cds popped then the game sucks." ?
    Yes, if a rogue pops all cds on a target that doesnt have any defensives up nor does have trinket - and the target still doesnt die that is total BS and means the game is way to slow.

Dying in cheap is a bit to fast, but dying in a cheap+kidney is perfectly ok and should be very much possible.

Yes, if a rogue pops all cds on a target that doesnt have any defensives up nor does have trinket - and the target still doesnt die that is total BS and means the game is way to slow.

Dying in cheap is a bit to fast, but dying in a cheap+kidney is perfectly ok and should be very much possible.
    so the game is only good if you have an I-win button and pvp is decided on burst alone, and not your skill then.

Quote Originally Posted by Crutos View Post
    so the game is only good if you have an I-win button and pvp is decided on burst alone, and not your skill then.
    Theres skill in surviving burst, it means you have to setup kills (so theres also skill in setting it up) and cant just mindlessly do your pve rotation till the dampening eventually forces a kill. If a rogue got you to use trinket, your cds, etc before he presses his cds you deserve to lose. You can trinket the cheap, your partner can peel for you, you can prewall the burst etc etc.

Bursty playstyles reward skill more then slow ones because mistakes get punished much harder.

Sure there is over the top stuff (like sub burst right now, especially with bfa trinkets), but once we get proper gear we will be fine (and if not, then slight damage nerfs can happen to some classes).

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    lol at 99% of people "just being bad" instead of rogue being OP. cant argue with that.
    you obviously belong to this 99%.

Theres skill in surviving burst, it means you have to setup kills (so theres also skill in setting it up) and cant just mindlessly do your pve rotation till the dampening eventually forces a kill. If a rogue got you to use trinket, your cds, etc before he presses his cds you deserve to lose. You can trinket the cheap, your partner can peel for you, you can prewall the burst etc etc.

Bursty playstyles reward skill more then slow ones because mistakes get punished much harder.

Sure there is over the top stuff (like sub burst right now, especially with bfa trinkets), but once we get proper gear we will be fine (and if not, then slight damage nerfs can happen to some classes).
    Slow playstyle means you have to be consistent. I would not say it requires less skill or whatever fantasy you are dreaming.

Three options:

1. Catch them with their pants down and limited defensives.
    2. Pray that they're absolutely potato (sometimes doesn't matter).
    3. Wait for the incoming balance patch.

Right now, just have fun with how silly PvP is; It's not going to stay like this for long, don't worry. A lot of specs are going to see big balance changes in the coming weeks. PvP balance has always been a bit hit or miss, but anything that thinks there isn't going to be some dramatic nerfs on the horizon needs a reality check.

The sub rogue situation makes me particularly sad tbh. I played it a lot as an alt in BFA up to 2.4k in 2s as R/M and had a blast, basically doing no damage but winning with insane control. Now I don't even want to be seen on my rogue until the nerfs come as I just look like another fotm re-roller. I adore the spec but it needs toned down a lot.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2020-12-06 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Slow playstyle means you have to be consistent. I would not say it requires less skill or whatever fantasy you are dreaming.
    Probably not less skill overall, but if we take legion/bfa (especially in 2s) what you did for the first 5min of quite a lot of games was totally irrelevant unless you did absolutely nothing at all. Skill only came in when you added the dampening.

I think its universally accepted that mop and woltk were the 2 best pvp expansions in wow, both of which were very burst focused (not to say that those expansions didnt have slow games, and mop did sadly added the cancer that is dampening).

In my experience as a rogue, plate wearers are a bitch. Ret paladins are damn near invincible with all their bubbles (100% invinc, melee invinc, 100% heal...) and pretty much anyone specced as a tank your attacks just bounce off or get immediately regenerated. I remember piling on with 5 people onto a blood dk, his health didn't even dip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.