Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten15 View Post
    Instead of complaining why don't you do your part then.
    I did, nothing in my post was misspelled.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

People are impatient and thats the problem.
    I spent ~2 hours last night on the first two bosses with my guild and even though we were wiping, it was still an enjoyable experience. Actually seeing progression between boss pulls is a nice addition to the game that i have not experienced for some time now.
    Last edited by Adessi; 2020-12-09 at 06:41 PM.

I 100% welcome this difficulty.
    Normal could be easier tho, BUT, I think this tuning did NOT follow the covenant nerfs!
    A few months ago the covenants/soulbinds/conduits were massively more powerful than what we have now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adessi View Post
    People are impatient and thats the problem.
    I spent ~2 hours last night on the first two bosses with my guild and even though we were wiping, it was still an enjoyable experience. Actually seeing progression during boss pulls was a nice addition to the game that i have not experienced for some time now.
    Enjoyment doesn't have much to do with abilities being overtuned. Even though we didn't down much, we were enjoying seeing prog again too, but that's not the issue. Sinseeker DoT was chunking us for 11.5k with 10 total ticks. That was unhealable with our comp. Even the mythic dungeon journal says it's not supposed to tick for that much. The dungeon journal right now says it's only supposed to be doing 4.7k per tick on heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Enjoyment doesn't have much to do with abilities being overtuned. Even though we didn't down much, we were enjoying seeing prog again too, but that's not the issue. Sinseeker DoT was chunking us for 11.5k with 10 total ticks. That was unhealable with our comp. Even the mythic dungeon journal says it's not supposed to tick for that much. The dungeon journal right now says it's only supposed to be doing 4.7k per tick on heroic.
    If a fight is actually over-tuned as you stated, then yea its not enjoyable. The only bosses (first boss, hunter dude, large anima consumer dude) that i have faced did not seem over-tuned in the slightest. Most people on this thread probably only got to the second boss, wiped a bunch of times, then came here to complain that its over-tuned.

Edit: I was progressing on normal difficulty, so i did not experience the over-tuned DoT on the hunter boss
    Last edited by Adessi; 2020-12-09 at 07:01 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I got to the 7th boss (blood council) with a pug with my alt today (mainraid sunday.. :/ )today and every boss was doable, but you can't run your head against the wall and have to play the tactics. even Sinseeker on 2nd boss is no problem to heal if played properly and not spread around the raid.
    Council is where it starts to get a little less forgiving if not played really proberly, especially for the healers to keep the raid up.

I like the tuning, way to go blizzard

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you don't clear day one doesn't mean it's overtuned.

Excellent, keep making normal/heroic more difficult. I phone it in enough on this game as it is. Too easy = meaningless, trivialized tourist raids. Always err on the side of difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Just because you don't clear day one doesn't mean it's overtuned.
    this ^

I mean really. Do you want it to be so easy that you clear it day one and be bored? I welcome the overtuned as a challenge. Bring it on Blizzard!!

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    nah - they know they hae 0 content to offer to players so they went Cata/Mop route

they overtuned raids - gated them by lack of conduits / legendaries upgrades and made gear scarse

this way you average player will take 2 months to clear normal and rest of tier to clear hc unless they spam mythic + for gear

this plan will backfire so badly though it will be shocking - with cyberpunk coming out and milions of players playing that rather then boring like f... SL endgame .

overtuned normal difficulty will also kill the last remains of interest in this game that casuals have.

so gg blizzard - for making WoD 2.0 - greates Ion succes so far
    You seem just a little bit biased and prone to parroting talking points.

Raiding SHOULD be difficult. Maybe its a little over-tuned, but I know plenty of guilds (mine included) that cleared it. Sure there was some learning and wipes, but nothing game breaking.

Also CyberPunk doesn't just steal players from WoW in droves for X amount of weeks. Most adults (even teens) can effectively manage their time to do multiple things per day that they enjoy.

Normal bosses have too much health, and some of the mechanics do far too much damage, at least they did on 30 person raid size. The fights themselves weren't really difficult, but it was just too heavily tuned so that they seemed more difficult. Haven't done heroic yet but when world class mythic guilds are struggling with the later half of bosses then that's generally indication of a bit of overtuning. Past raids if you were a CE guild you would blow through this stuff pretty quickly.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    wait and see that in 2 weeks you will see another 6 months deal with transmog/mount
    This has nothing to do with anything because they've always had a 6 month deal active for years now.

Coming from a casual guild, I think a big chunk of the problem is how little time there was before opening the raid. With only two weeks that means plenty of people have done little more than level up.

If your raid isn't good to go, just wait before going in. You don't have to jump straight in if you aren't geared yet and just finished leveling.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Spent awhile with different groups trying to get 2nd boss down. Despite 5+ pulls, people seem incapable of learning. People kept attacking the Shade instead of letting it be CC'd first

Compared to every raid in BFA and legion, Heroic bosses do more damage. It will be nerfed soon but its actually kind of fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sinseeker is overtuned, but the rest seems perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by james2400 View Post
    Do they wanna kill off raiding for 95% of raiders who do normal/heroic?
    heroic raiding should be much harder than it has been in the past plus everyone is trying to step into content atm 30-40 ilvl below what the raid even offers. What fun is it when heroic is such a cakewalk there is no real challenge in it.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

As someone who doesn't raid mythic, I'm very happy about hearing how normal/heroic is tuned right now.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Our guild was 5/12 M Ny'alotha and we only got 2 bosses down on Normal. It was a pretty sad progression night, honestly. But, we're now spamming M+ so I expect our next raid night to go much better.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!