Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

My new farming method, following farmers.

So, lately I realized instead of running around myself I can just follow someone else that is already farming making farming extremely convenient. I would use my Paladin and the crusader aura with the shredder and just /follow the main unit (sometimes I follow multi-boxers). Then all I have to do is right click the herbs and wait for them to go to the next herb while I watch a stream or movie. Would you consider this griefing because a few whispered me to stop following but I disagree with their stance that it's any kind of griefing because I do not harm them, do not steal mobs or even resources because I won't be the first to collect the herb.

Some others asked what I am doing and explained it to them, they laughed and found it clever.

Depends on the person you are following. I would absolutely hate it. It's indeed technically not grieving, but a form of leeching which is never nice.
    But wouldnt it be very easy to get rid of you by circling some tree?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuvio View Post
    Depends on the person you are following. I would absolutely hate it. It's indeed technically not grieving, but a form of leeching which is never nice.
    But wouldnt it be very easy to get rid of you by circling some tree?
    How is it leeching? It's not like they're stealing nodes with the multi-tap feature added in WoD/Legion.

It actually can be helpful. OP is tapping the same nodes as the person they're following meaning there is a greater chance of nodes being up elsewhere. If OP is elsewhere in the zone tapping nodes, they may be gone by the time the other person gets there.

I used to follow multiboxers in Nazjatar, if they're gonna crash the market, I might as well leech off of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    How is it leeching? It's not like they're stealing nodes with the multi-tap feature added in WoD/Legion.

It actually can be helpful. OP is tapping the same nodes as the person they're following meaning there is a greater chance of nodes being up elsewhere. If OP is elsewhere in the zone tapping nodes, they may be gone by the time the other person gets there.
    I consider it leeching because you are taking advantage of some one else's effort to fly around and find nodes while doing nothing in return except right-clicking when your involuntary buddy has found a node.

Getting rid of /followers is easy as pie though, not sure why they would struggle to get rid of your fly-esque ass.
    I had one player try to pull this stunt on me back in WOTLK when I was hardcore farming herbs and ore. I just flew us into a group of mobs so that he'd land, then I'd go up a tiny bit so he'd aggro and get dazed.

With ground mounts you can simply jump off something and use a glide mechanic whilst the /follow falls to his/her death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of Blizzard view on the matters i find multiboxing to gather resources a way that abuse the system as the spawn rates are build around a single account not multiple.

It does go to show if you simply follow them and in fact make use of game mechanics yourself they tend to get angry, what does say quite a bit of their behaviour in itself.
    Nothing you are doing breaks any rule of conduct. They don't mind how their behaviour impacts a server, so in return they can't demand on moral grounds any behaviour of another.

More people should do this really, expose the anti-social behaviour of multiboxers while annoying them. Can't beat them join them, didn't some say that?
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Getting rid of /followers is easy as pie though, not sure why they would struggle to get rid of your fly-esque ass.
    I had one player try to pull this stunt on me back in WOTLK when I was hardcore farming herbs and ore. I just flew us into a group of mobs so that he'd land, then I'd go up a tiny bit so he'd aggro and get dazed.

With ground mounts you can simply jump off something and use a glide mechanic whilst the /follow falls to his/her death.
    It's not like I am AFK, I still watch the screen on my 2nd screen. Being a Paladin I have multiple ways to simply make myself immune to everything. On top of that I carry gliders myself and carry Kyrian wings from my daily covenant rare fight. farmed 2 hours, 0 deaths so far. My mount equipment is the reduce fall damage one, I am specced Protection so I have automatically no daze effect on mounts. Oh and I have the first set bonus from the Kyrian which give you enhanced out of combat health regeneration, works quite well. You see, I have thought this through.

Also, since I do this in Bastion only, you can't actually die from falling out of the map anyway, you get spawned somewhere on the map. Someone actually tried that only to realize we both get teleported at the same spot again, was quite the /lol.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2020-12-05 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Regardless of Blizzard view on the matters i find multiboxing to gather resources a way that abuse the system as the spawn rates are build around a single account not multiple.

It does go to show if you simply follow them and in fact make use of game mechanics yourself they tend to get angry, what does say quite a bit of their behaviour in itself.
    Nothing you are doing breaks any rule of conduct. They don't mind how their behaviour impacts a server, so in return they can't demand on moral grounds any behaviour of another.

More people should do this really, expose the anti-social behaviour of multiboxers while annoying them. Can't beat them join them, didn't some say that?
    This! Just this

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    So, lately I realized instead of running around myself I can just follow someone else that is already farming making farming extremely convenient. I would use my Paladin and the crusader aura with the shredder and just /follow the main unit (sometimes I follow multi-boxers). Then all I have to do is right click the herbs and wait for them to go to the next herb while I watch a stream or movie. Would you consider this griefing because a few whispered me to stop following but I disagree with their stance that it's any kind of griefing because I do not harm them, do not steal mobs or even resources because I won't be the first to collect the herb.

Some others asked what I am doing and explained it to them, they laughed and found it clever.
    Clever, well done.
    The more farmers the merrier, and the lower the prices.
    Everyone wins, except the annoying busybodies who feel they should be magnanimously rewarded for killing a thousand boars or something similarly mind numbing (thereby encouraging others to do the same and warp the game design so as to expect them, to the detriment of all).
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Why not help them kill any nearby mobs? If you're relying on them to lead you around and do the bulk of the work clearing enemies I'm sure you can figure out how to do a few moves to speed things up.

It's not like I am AFK, I still watch the screen on my 2nd screen. Being a Paladin I have multiple ways to simply make myself immune to everything. On top of that I carry gliders myself and carry Kyrian wings from my daily covenant rare fight. farmed 2 hours, 0 deaths so far. My mount equipment is the reduce fall damage one, I am specced Protection so I have automatically no daze effect on mounts. Oh and I have the first set bonus from the Kyrian which give you enhanced out of combat health regeneration, works quite well. You see, I have thought this through.

Also, since I do this in Bastion only, you can't actually die from falling out of the map anyway, you get spawned somewhere on the map. Someone actually tried that only to realize we both get teleported at the same spot again, was quite the /lol.
    I'd get rid of you just fine. You dying is not the sole purpose. Stealth trumps Pala utility.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-12-05 at 03:05 PM.

I consider it leeching because you are taking advantage of some one else's effort to fly around and find nodes while doing nothing in return except right-clicking when your involuntary buddy has found a node.
    So by your logic GatherMate Data is "leeching" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    So by your logic GatherMate Data is "leeching" too.
    That's a big stretch!

Someone making an addon, allowing everyone to upload data that everyone can then use vs /follow someone else and picking herbs while watching movies and not having to fly.

Someone making an addon, allowing everyone to upload data that everyone can then use vs /follow someone else and picking herbs while watching movies and not having to fly.
    You keep mentioning flying as if it was relevant to this discussion. Or did you somehow break the game and get Pathfinder before it is even in the files?

Following a group around incessantly even when they tell you to stop seems like harassment, even if only one of them is an active player. It may not be griefing on the grounds of disrupting their gameplay, but it is disrupting to invading their personal space beyond what is comfortable which is not cool. Even if you're only after the materials, from the perspective of the other person it may feel like stalking. So like, maybe don't do that?

.....so? Leeches steal progress. Doing this to farmers doesnt affect their bottom line at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Following a group around incessantly even when they tell you to stop seems like harassment, even if only one of them is an active player. It may not be griefing on the grounds of disrupting their gameplay, but it is disrupting to invading their personal space beyond what is comfortable which is not cool. Even if you're only after the materials, from the perspective of the other person it may feel like stalking. So like, maybe don't do that?
    But if i did it from the opposite faction, following and killing them, disrupting their game.... Thatd be fair right? Because theyre opting into a system where that is possible.

This is bs. If you dont want someone to follow you, go somewhere else or something. Even if they /spit on you the enrire time, just ignore and move on.

What you should do is make a video about it and use "1000000 gold per minute farm!" as the title.

Congratulations, you are now Studen Albatroz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    But if i did it from the opposite faction, following and killing them, disrupting their game.... Thatd be fair right? Because theyre opting into a system where that is possible.

This is bs. If you dont want someone to follow you, go somewhere else or something. Even if they /spit on you the enrire time, just ignore and move on.
    I believe if you follow a member of the opposing faction and grief them by ganking them incessantly, that is considered an actionable offense and is considered disrupting gameplay. I don't advocate multiboxing, but I don't think stalking and harassing people is any kind of acceptable behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I believe if you follow a member of the opposing faction and grief them by ganking them incessantly, that is considered an actionable offense and is considered disrupting gameplay. I don't advocate multiboxing, but I don't think stalking and harassing people is any kind of acceptable behavior.
    It's not actionable. PVP is opt-in. If someone ganks you, you can kill them yourself, get some friends or strangers to kill them for you, or opt-out. Blizzard doesnt need to step in, that's the game working as intended.

If someone is verbally harassing you, thats a problem. /ignore them. I wouldnt call taking nodes after youve already looted them "harassment". I'm picturing a child telling his school mate to stop playing with playground equipment the second he gets off of it, it's harassment and disrupting his play. Then whining to the teacher that the behavior should be an actionable offense. Lol.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2020-12-05 at 05:06 PM.