Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I had half a mind to join the early buying and sell on TO THE MOON DIAMONDHANDS FRIDAY. Seriously. And I have enough stashed away that I could have snapped up quite a few shares and earned a tidy profit.

But I generally strongly dislike gambling as a whole, so didn't bother with it. I've got an IRA account for retirement that I put a bit into each month, that's about as much involvement with the stock market as I can realistically tolerate. I'm too conservative and chickenshit to risk my money on the roulette wheel.
    I'm not a huge fan of gambling, either. I rarely trade, and have held onto most of the stock I own, since the day I bough it. But, when you see people like this, who have no problem pissing it away, and are doing it publicly, then capitalizing off of their foolishness is almost a public service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's all for the memes, and we shall rewrite history for the sake of the memes and the glorious WSB narrative that's so compelling and continues to largely be detached from actual reality.

Meme-culture is the fuckin worst.
    its just history repeating itself. Oh the good old days of BB, AOL Et All and IcQ penny stock pumping and dumping.

They punished the hell out of people back in the day and changed a lot of regulations but somehow people think that because its on reddit its different.

- - - Updated - - -

Google apparently crushed it

ToDaMoon?

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/02/alph...s-q4-2020.html

Shares of Alphabet, the parent company of Google, rose 4% in extended trading on Tuesday after the company reported fourth-quarter earnings that surpassed analysts’ expectations.

Here’s how the company did:

Earnings: $22.30 per share, adjusted, vs., $15.90 per share as expected by analysts, according to Refinitiv.
    Revenue: $56.90 billion, vs. $53.13 billion as expected by analysts, according to Refinitiv.
    Google Cloud: $3.83 billion, vs. $3.81 billion as expected by analysts, according to StreetAccount.
    YouTube ads: $6.89 billion, vs. $6.11 billion as expected by analysts, according to StreetAccount.
    Traffic acquisition costs (TAC): $10.47 billion, vs. $9.32 billion as expected by analysts, according to StreetAccount.

lphabet’s revenue grew 23% on an annualized basis in the quarter, according to a statement.

The company broke out operating income from its cloud business for the first time.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The key is to profit off their ignorance and poor decisions. If people want to toss money out the window, you may as well be the one to pick it up.
    I guess. But once you start profiting off of people's misery, you build in yourself an ongoing incentive to create more misery to profit off of. I'd rather just stay away from the whole thing, personally. I'll stick to index funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    I guess. But once you start profiting off of people's misery, you build in yourself an ongoing incentive to create more misery to profit off of. I'd rather just stay away from the whole thing, personally. I'll stick to index funds.
    They are literally creating their own misery, and laughing while they do it. That's the most absurd part, and when all is said and done, the thousands upon thousands of people who lost their asses, are going to try and blame someone else. We saw the exact same bullshit in the housing collapse of 2008, when all those people decided to leverage the equity in their homes.
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren asks Robinhood to explain why it restricted GameStop trades after hedge funds’ losses

"umm miss senator.... we had to meet capital requirements of clearing houses and other regulatory requirements in order to continue trading ALL STOCKS for EVERY CUSTOMER"

Sen Warren "well who the hell told you, that you had to do that"

"umm miss senator, congress did."

CEO walks out after 3 minutes.....

I mean they will showboat for hours but it will be the same answers over and over.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Picking up a $10 that someone dropped on the ground isn't going to "build in yourself an ongoing incentive" to go around mugging people.

They are literally creating their own misery, and laughing while they do it. That's the most absurd part, and when all is said and done, the thousands upon thousands of people who lost their asses, are going to try and blame someone else. We saw the exact same bullshit in the housing collapse of 2008, when all those people decided to leverage the equity in their homes.
    I almost wonder how many of them are real vs made up freebie fake trading acct stuff?

who on earth goes on a reddit forum to brag they lost 230k?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

"But...but Reddit told me....they told me it was a fake dip....and that hedgies were going to give me tendies...and that this was the VW squeeze...It's not my fault I took out a loan to buy $50,000 at $300...."

And Amazon continues the winning streak of FAANG stocks

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/02/amaz...s-q4-2020.html

Amazon reports first $100 billion quarter
    Amazon delivered its largest quarter by revenue of all time Tuesday at $125.56 billion in its earning report for the fourth quarter of 2020.

Here are the results:

Earnings: $14.09 vs $7.23 per share forecast by Refinitiv
    Revenue: $125.56 billion vs $119.7 billion forecast by Refinitiv
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    I almost wonder how many of them are real vs made up freebie fake trading acct stuff?

who on earth goes on a reddit forum to brag they lost 230k?
    You'd be amazed what a shitstorm of social pressures and reinforcement will do to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "But...but Reddit told me....they told me it was a fake dip....and that hedgies were going to give me tendies...and that this was the VW squeeze...It's not my fault I took out a loan to buy $50,000 at $300...."
    well the VW pump is the new strat to try to squeeze out some more suckers in the whole thing.
    Really caught hold today for some reason.

This is exactly why services suspended trading in GME. These people wanted to trade on margin and with money they did not have. services would be on the hook for all that.

They cry about some hedge fund conspiracy but fucking RH had to raise 4 billion dollars just to operate for a reason....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Sen. Elizabeth Warren asks Robinhood to explain why it restricted GameStop trades after hedge funds’ losses

"umm miss senator.... we had to meet capital requirements of clearing houses and other regulatory requirements in order to continue trading ALL STOCKS for EVERY CUSTOMER"

Sen Warren "well who the hell told you, that you had to do that"

"umm miss senator, congress did."

CEO walks out after 3 minutes.....

I mean they will showboat for hours but it will be the same answers over and over.
    Then why only limit the meme stocks? Should have limited all trading.

Also why go on TV saying it wasn't for liquidity reasons?
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Picking up a $10 that someone dropped on the ground isn't going to "build in yourself an ongoing incentive" to go around mugging people.
    There's also a difference between picking up $10 bucks off the ground and this:

The key is to profit off their ignorance and poor decisions.
    If you want to go out looking for people making bad decisions and say "how can I profit off of this" instead of, "how can I stop this." Cool. You do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Other stocks didn't have such high capitol requirements as they were as volatile, nor as heavily traded as GME was at that time.

Because he's a fuckin CEO and trying to put on the best face for his company that he can, and admitting that they had capitol problems wasn't a good way to do that? I mean, it's hardly the first time a CEO has spewed blatant falsehoods or bullshit on TV.

If you want to go out looking for people making bad decisions and say "how can I profit off of this" instead of, "how can I stop this." Cool. You do you.
    Stop how, exactly?

People losing money when they throw it into a fire isn't a reason to not catch some of it before it's burned. I don't know what cosmic moral nonsense you're trying to float here, but it's silly in this context.

Because of the volume, its simple math.

Oh lets limit trades on those 130 shares running @ Ford around 15 dollars a share at capital requirements of X
    vs
    Oh shit we need to limit trades on those 100,000's shares diving @ GME for 250-400-500 dollars a share at capital requirements of X * 100-250

Limiting the other 4900 stocks would have been like stopping someone from throwing a pebble into a bathtub thinking its going to flood the bathroom.

He was very clear from the start.
    Its everyone running with their bullshit conspiracies tied to Citadel, even though multiple other platforms also limited trading whom had nothing to do with them

we've already been over this quite a number of time.

Nah they just raised 4 billion dollars to cover up the fix (most likely resulting in major valuation reduction of the company and its owners)....yup!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Stop how, exactly?

People losing money when they throw it into a fire isn't a reason to not catch some of it before it's burned. I don't know what cosmic moral nonsense you're trying to float here, but it's silly in this context.
    The money isn't going into a fire though, it's going into the hands of people who mostly are deliberately trying to profit off of their ignorance. If you want to become one of those people, that's your deal, but don't pretend it's a morally neutral action. There's nothing cosmic about it, a good amount of the money in the pot came from people who couldn't afford to lose it.

As far as stopping it - throwing cold water on their bad ideas where you can, generally trying to educate people you know, supporting better education broadly. I don't have delusions of grandeur, none of this makes me a good person or a better person, we're all shitty in different ways, just voicing the thought that adopting an attitude of: "how can I profit off of people's misery" is not healthy.

Because of the volume, its simple math.

Oh lets limit trades on those 130 shares running @ Ford around 15 dollars a share at capital requirements of X
    vs
    Oh shit we need to limit trades on those 100,000's shares diving @ GME for 250-400-500 dollars a share at capital requirements of X * 100-250

Limiting the other 4900 stocks would have been like stopping someone from throwing a pebble into a bathtub thinking its going to flood the bathroom.

He was very clear from the start.
    Its everyone running with their bullshit conspiracies tied to Citadel, even though multiple other platforms also limited trading whom had nothing to do with them

we've already been over this quite a number of time.

Nah they just raised 4 billion dollars to cover up the fix (most likely resulting in major valuation reduction of the company and its owners)....yup!
    Now you're starting to get it.
    Driving on Sunshine.

Except, they were warned.

Except, they were warned.
    People are warned about getting in cars or using heaters etc. Risk is part of life
    Driving on Sunshine.