Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ...
40
48
49
50
51
52
60
... LastLast
  1. #981
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    The death kneel on GME will be when this dude cashes out

    https://www.reddit.com/user/DeepFuckingValue/

    He's already went from peak 47.9 --> 35m ---> estimated 20 ish if he made no moves .

    Then again he's got 13m in cash from his previous Un-DiAmOnDhAnds.
    Have to give him credit if his screen shots are true

    https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb...te_feb_2_2021/

    down to 22 million from almost 50m. but hey up from 50k
    he lost 13.6 million of his profit today
    Still sitting on 13 million in cash on GME he sold



    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  2. #982
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    People are warned about getting in cars or using heaters etc. Risk is part of life
    Except, some people don't understand how to do risk analysis... which is fine with me.

    "Is it worth the risk?"

    It's astounding how few people ask themselves that question.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Have to give him credit if his screen shots are true

    https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb...te_feb_2_2021/

    down to 22 million from almost 50m. but hey up from 50k
    he lost 13.6 million of his profit today
    Still sitting on 13 million in cash on GME he sold
    Good for the guy at the top of the pyramid scheme.

    Not so great for everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  3. #983
    Brewmaster Sorensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    CormLand
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Except, some people don't understand how to do risk analysis... which is fine with me.

    "Is it worth the risk?"

    It's astounding how few people ask themselves that question.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Good for the guy at the top of the pyramid scheme.

    Not so great for everyone else.
    Meh, assuming people were buying with money they could afford to lose, it's just money it's not like it's life or limb.
    Driving on Sunshine.

    PM for Tesla referral code.

  4. #984
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Meh, assuming people were buying with money they could afford to lose, it's just money it's not like it's life or limb.
    Do you honestly think that everyone dumping in stocks for the memes and listening to the DIAMOND HANDS nonsense could afford to lose all that money?

    I mean, is this even "sticking it to the hedge funds" if they don't lose much more than usual (on average) and a bunch of retail investors all lose boatloads while a few retail investors see huge profits?

  5. #985
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Meh, assuming people were buying with money they could afford to lose, it's just money it's not like it's life or limb.
    Well, since it's "just money," I'll make sure to point out to all those people demanding socialism when they find themselves in the bottom looking up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  6. #986
    Brewmaster Sorensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    CormLand
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do you honestly think that everyone dumping in stocks for the memes and listening to the DIAMOND HANDS nonsense could afford to lose all that money?

    I mean, is this even "sticking it to the hedge funds" if they don't lose much more than usual (on average) and a bunch of retail investors all lose boatloads while a few retail investors see huge profits?
    Idk what exactly to believe cus there's lots of people who were like "quit my job and used my last paycheck and stimmy to go all in on $GME"

    Like that's not a good idea. But it's also the internet so who knows.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, since it's "just money," I'll make sure to point out to all those people demanding socialism when they find themselves in the bottom looking up.
    You also have loads of people hating on socialism while benefiting from it every day.

    I don't see what that has to do with this stonks discussion
    Driving on Sunshine.

    PM for Tesla referral code.

  7. #987
    Old God Vash The Stampede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Better part of NJ
    Posts
    10,847
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    This post did not age well
    It did not but lets see if they're right about it skyrocketing like it did with VW.

  8. #988
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Have to give him credit if his screen shots are true

    https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb...te_feb_2_2021/

    down to 22 million from almost 50m. but hey up from 50k
    he lost 13.6 million of his profit today
    Still sitting on 13 million in cash on GME he sold
    How his wife isnt beating him to cash out is beyond me

  9. #989
    https://www.adl.org/blog/gamestop-st...iracy-theories

    Well that's fun. Apparently the GME drama brought out the antisemites of the meme community.

    Nice.

  10. #990
    Immortal Fahrenheit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Princeton, NJ
    Posts
    7,756
    Oof...

    They meme’d themselves to the poorhouse.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

    Sovereign
    Mass Effect

  11. #991
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Idk what exactly to believe cus there's lots of people who were like "quit my job and used my last paycheck and stimmy to go all in on $GME"

    Like that's not a good idea. But it's also the internet so who knows.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You also have loads of people hating on socialism while benefiting from it every day.

    I don't see what that has to do with this stonks discussion
    Oh, I'm looking forward to the guy pissing away his money to turn around and call for more handouts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  12. #992
    Brewmaster Sorensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    CormLand
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Oh, I'm looking forward to the guy pissing away his money to turn around and call for more handouts.
    Why guy? Farmers or the military?
    Driving on Sunshine.

    PM for Tesla referral code.

  13. #993
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Why guy? Farmers or the military?
    Yes, all of you guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    I hate personal freedom because people abuse it like a shiny new toy.

  14. #994
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    It did not but lets see if they're right about it skyrocketing like it did with VW.
    VW was a completly different monster i linked the detail of what happened and its one hell of a story. go give it a read then see what a bullshit comparison it was/is
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  15. #995
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    He's waiting for the squeeze to be squoze
    If they squeeze any harder, they might be able to actually get blood from a turnip. /s

  16. #996
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    its just history repeating itself. Oh the good old days of BB, AOL Et All and IcQ penny stock pumping and dumping.

    They punished the hell out of people back in the day and changed a lot of regulations but somehow people think that because its on reddit its different.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Google apparently crushed it

    ToDaMoon?

    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/02/alph...s-q4-2020.html

    Shares of Alphabet, the parent company of Google, rose 4% in extended trading on Tuesday after the company reported fourth-quarter earnings that surpassed analysts’ expectations.

    Here’s how the company did:

    Earnings: $22.30 per share, adjusted, vs., $15.90 per share as expected by analysts, according to Refinitiv.
    Revenue: $56.90 billion, vs. $53.13 billion as expected by analysts, according to Refinitiv.
    Google Cloud: $3.83 billion, vs. $3.81 billion as expected by analysts, according to StreetAccount.
    YouTube ads: $6.89 billion, vs. $6.11 billion as expected by analysts, according to StreetAccount.
    Traffic acquisition costs (TAC): $10.47 billion, vs. $9.32 billion as expected by analysts, according to StreetAccount.

    lphabet’s revenue grew 23% on an annualized basis in the quarter, according to a statement.

    The company broke out operating income from its cloud business for the first time.
    I am of the opinion that Google and FB stocks are undervalued right now. FB currently has a PEG ratio of 1.24 and Alphabet 1.85. Those are crazy numbers for mature companies like those two. The lower the better.

  17. #997
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash The Stampede View Post
    It did not but lets see if they're right about it skyrocketing like it did with VW.
    It's not.

    GME already spiked far more than VW spiked during that squeeze. There is no $1000 coming.

  18. #998
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It's not.

    GME already spiked far more than VW spiked during that squeeze. There is no $1000 coming.
    Naw man. If you DIAMOND HANDS long enough it totes will. Just gotta diamond hands. Diamond. Hands. Insert all those emojis everywhere all over this post too.

  19. #999
    Brewmaster Sorensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    CormLand
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Naw man. If you DIAMOND HANDS long enough it totes will. Just gotta diamond hands. Diamond. Hands. Insert all those emojis everywhere all over this post too.
    No the emojis are annoying. Buy stonks you like but do your research on them.
    Driving on Sunshine.

    PM for Tesla referral code.

  20. #1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    No the emojis are annoying. Buy stonks you like but do your research on them.
    Why do research when you can go to WSB and have some guy with a post with 20+ awards tell you that the SEC "Fails to deliver" report for the first half of January shows NAKED SHORTING TO THE TUNE OF 5+ MILLION SHARES THAT FAILED TO TRANSFER AND IS CONCLUSIVE PROOF OF ILLEGAL NAKED SHORTING AND WE DID IT GUYS THE HEDGE FUNDS ARE ALL GONNA BE TOAST AND LOOK AT THE THOUSAND PLUS COMMENTS INCLUDING TONS WITH TONS OF AWARDS BACKING ME UP - https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetb..._to_settle_so/

    Oops, deleted it because OP was wrong as fuck apparently, and it wasn't 5M shares as the running total was already cumulative, it was 600K shares - https://www.sec.gov/data/foiadocsfailsdatahtm

    You can find the report there.

    That entire sub is advanced-level retardation and the Dunning Kreuger effect in action, seeming led by a small group of meme-savvy, wealthier and more knowledgeable investors who enjoy the memes and figured out how to weaponize the sub for more profit for themselves to spend on vanity projects like NYC Time Square billboards.

    Related, and I need to give it another read, but this seems to be one of the better takes on the whole nonsense, including how largely pointless the whole thing is compared to what it could have been if the WSB narratives was remotely true - https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...gressives.html

    - - - Updated - - -

    https://www.moneyweb.co.za/news/comp...n-on-gamestop/

    Well, at least Michael Burry made a fuckin killing by not being a DIAMOND HANDS and selling off his shares his hedge fund picked up in 2019 for what is apparently a tidy $270M payday.

    I don't know anything about him other than he apparently listens to Pantera and Meshuggah, if The Big Short was accurate about his musical tastes, which instantly endears him to me because he has good taste in music.

    Also, seems more interested in actually making money and not breaking laws than he is in making sure his meme-game is at its best.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •