Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Hilarious.

• Capital made RH halt trades - No They didn't
    • Capital made RH sell stocks unwillingly - No They didn't
    • Capital faked a crash 2 days ago by understelling millions of stocks back and forth (and taking losses while doing so) No They didn't
    • Capital fed fake news to the media about their shorts No They didn't

Reddit gets investigated by the SEC.. (Secluded Egotistical Corrupts). SEC is investigating the whole situation, they even said they were

Wasn't even Capital (hedge fund/company) who up'ed the required deposit and cost of trades, it happened way higher up the chain that effected basically every single broker not just RH

We've already posted the details so you can take your conspiracies back to WSB.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

And in other news, but the same news. Bitter gambler, is bitter.

https://news.yahoo.com/barstools-dav...160020070.html

Barstool's Dave Portnoy says he lost $700,000 on 'meme stocks' like GameStop and AMC: Robinhood CEO 'stole it from me and should be in jail'

SO WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU LOST 700K ON GME!!!
    YOU DOUBLE DOWN ON AMC!!!

A gambler will gamble. I wonder who he's going to blame this time

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dave-...061244626.html
    “I put in $700,000 into AMC this morning,” Portnoy told Varney, adding that he was “up” $60,000 on his investment.

2:06 AMC Last | 2:06 PM EST 7.15
    down-1.82 (-20.29%)

So he's lost umm...at least 20% and if be brought premarket could be 25-30% or 140k- 210k
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

SO WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU LOST 700K ON GME!!!
    YOU DOUBLE DOWN ON AMC!!!

A gambler will gamble. I wonder who he's going to blame this time

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dave-...061244626.html
    “I put in $700,000 into AMC this morning,” Portnoy told Varney, adding that he was “up” $60,000 on his investment.

2:06 AMC Last | 2:06 PM EST 7.15
    down-1.82 (-20.29%)

So he's lost umm...at least 20% and if be brought premarket could be 25-30% or 140k- 210k
    He is /r/wallstreetbets

Give that man a bailout, I'm sure he can't afford to lose all that money what with his garbage site of frat bros. Feel bad for him, he's a victim : (

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    Article after article of "reddit going silver now" when there was actual nothing like that if any journalist actually went to WSB. The days after the high when average shares traded of GME were 45m was trading at a fraction of that amount.

There is a lot of "lazy" journalism when people stand to gain money from it. Look at Tesla, look at Theranos, on and on and on.

You guys are like in the woods looking at a pile of bear poop being like, " show me the evidence a bear was here"
    Lies, you can go to Reddit the day before the media took off with the silver bet and see a lot of post about the 'next' plan for WSB'ers and silver was very popular bet and people were pushing it. The Media was not lying. They might have exaggerated it, but they were not lying.

P.S How do you know what bear poop looks like. I can almost bet the farm that no one here could tell the difference between bear/deer/moose shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    For those that are curious about why journalists thought reddit was behind Silver, here are some posts with thousands of upvotes about it

I got those posts from a bloomber opinion piece someone did when he was questioned about why he thought reddit was behind Silver. I am sure that if you put in more effort you could find more
    I posted some too last time Sorensen claimed there was no effort to move into silver as the next target.
    He'll never admit one of his conspiracies are wrong, he'll just move on and say it again in a few weeks when he forgets he was already proven wrong
    Seems to be his trend
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    It is unfortunate that when people talked about the stock market, they only talked about sensational investments like GME. They never talked about long-term funds like FSCSX.

In 35 years, the fund only had 4 negative years. The first three were 1990, 1991 and 1992 (-20.19%, -6.99% and -23.39%). Which basically wiped out the 1989 gain (+93.12%) but left the gain from the preceding years intact (ranges between +10 to +46% annual gain, with two break even years). The last negative year was 2008 (-42.14%). The fund had recovered by 2010 (+61.51% in 2009 and +18.94% in 2010).

How about actual performance? 1-year +45.37%, 3-year +28.13% annualized, 5-year + 26.3% annualized, 10-year +21.49% annualized, life time + 16.7% annualized. What does all that meant in real world application? If you invest $1,000 each month for the last 30 years ($360,000), you would have $9,000,000 in that account. If you did the investment through either ROTH IRA or 401k, the gain would be tax free. For added bonus, the last dividend payment was $0.15 per share (0.54%). So at 4 dividends per year assuming the same amount, that’s around $190k in 2020. Tax free if it is part of your ROTH account. Yes, the dividend is tax free also.
    Mutual funds are for nerds tho.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    First post - 34 awards
    Second post - A lot more and I'm not gonna count.

BuT tHeSe aRE RandOm PosTS nOBoDY ReaDS

Both received enough upvotes to be on the front page for a while, and the rewards speak to that. Unless the rewards and upvotes were all a part of the hedge fund conspiracy to make this a false flag operation...IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW WHEN YOU JUST START THINKING CRAZY!
    Besides the fact new users could not even post so you had 6 million new users who because of their "karma" had no ability to up the post count.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lies, you can go to Reddit the day before the media took off with the silver bet and see a lot of post about the 'next' plan for WSB'ers and silver was very popular bet and people were pushing it. The Media was not lying. They might have exaggerated it, but they were not lying.

P.S How do you know what bear poop looks like. I can almost bet the farm that no one here could tell the difference between bear/deer/moose shit.

- - - Updated - - -

I posted some too last time Sorensen claimed there was no effort to move into silver as the next target.
    He'll never admit one of his conspiracies are wrong, he'll just move on and say it again in a few weeks when he forgets he was already proven wrong
    Seems to be his trend
    Scat between species is fairly distinctive. It is usually very possible to tell what animal made what droppings.
    Driving on Sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I have bears in my yard all the time, have a photo of bear poop on my phone actually!
    Shit i just Lost the farm, Ma!!!

It's Robinhoods fault....No Wait the media.....No wait....Melvin Capital!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Scat between species is fairly distinctive. It is usually very possible to tell what animal made what droppings.
    "you guys"..
    Except for the weirdo with bear poop picks on his phone.....i don't think it would be very possible for most here.

I've been around deer, moose, bears, et all my life and i got nothing.
    I even stepped in a huge pile in my work parking lot.
    Spent quite a while trying to figure out what kind it was because it was huge as fuck.

Hell it could have been a horse too, the area is littered with people always riding them around even on the streets regardless of how bad it is for them
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit i just Lost the farm, Ma!!!

It's Robinhoods fault....No Wait the media.....No wait....Melvin Capital!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

"you guys"..
    Except for the weirdo with bear poop picks on his phone.....i don't think it would be very possible for most here.

I've been around deer, moose, bears, et all my life and i got nothing.
    I even stepped in a huge pile in my work parking lot.
    Spent quite a while trying to figure out what kind it was because it was huge as fuck.

Hell it could have been a horse too, the area is littered with people always riding them around even on the streets regardless of how bad it is for them
    You need to start paying attention to poop. It's important ok.
    Driving on Sunshine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep losing money while chasing those get-rich-quick stonks then.

I'd rather be a nerd than working at 75.

I didn't follow the whole thing with him, but from what I know he just held shares forever. He's in the clear, I'm mostly just wondering if he'll show up and act like a human being or if he'll show up and go full memelord. I'm kinda hoping for the latter for the popcorn value, but I hope for the former for his sake.
    Some lawyer has already got a hold of him
    He's not going to provide updates daily anymore and i would not be shocked if we ever get another.

I would have to go back to his video's and interviews and check them out but there is disclosure requirements and you have to be very careful how you word everything when talking about stocks in the media and online.

I think he will be fine because he has history, but then again who knows what he was doing on the side and if he was working as a group with some other WSB'ers.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is unfortunate that when people talked about the stock market, they only talked about sensational investments like GME. They never talked about long-term funds like FSCSX.
    Exp Ratio 0.71%
    Hard pass. I'd rather stick with index funds.

Some dude on /r/WSB who will be deleting his post in a few hours after getting dozens of rewards, tens of thousands of upvotes, and thousands of comments telling them how right they are. Probably.
    Shame it won't matter because the SEC went into investigation mode and i would not be shocked that Reddit has not already received a records request that requires them to maintain all their records and not delete anything.

So the user can delete all they want but the data on that post will remain with reddit and soon be in the SEC hands.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I mean, you may be able to play around with money because you're financially secure and shit but like, this meming is leading to gullible folks who can't afford to lose thousands/tens of thousands on a meme stock to lose that money.

But I guess if it's for the memes, who cares if y'all financially hurt the hell out of a lot of struggling folks during a pandemic. It's funny!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Keep losing money while chasing those get-rich-quick stonks then.

I'd rather be a nerd than working at 75.
    I'm on track to retire early. Might not cus like healthcare in the US is a joke without insurance, but house paid off before 40 then I can really up my investments should be good by 45 or 50 baring nothing crazy happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    This is like exactly why I wouldn't fuck with mutual funds. Sure money comes back but you're paying people. Gross

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, you may be able to play around with money because you're financially secure and shit but like, this meming is leading to gullible folks who can't afford to lose thousands/tens of thousands on a meme stock to lose that money.

But I guess if it's for the memes, who cares if y'all financially hurt the hell out of a lot of struggling folks during a pandemic. It's funny!
    First thing I would say to someone struggling is "do not invest in stocks with money you can't afford to lose"
    Driving on Sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

I actually liked Mark Cuban's take on things. He's all for the "power to the people" angle, but made it clear that the GME thing wasn't nearly the success that people thought it was, and that the conspiracies are bullshit.
    Mark Cuban knew where all the money was and how fast that money can move on something like GME and move out of GME for a quick profit while WSB'ers bet on a few shares.

BaNkRuPt wAllStREet and the 1%!!!

As we all expected (well most outside of our resident Q guy) was going to be discovered. Most of the real big winners will be the very people they were fighting against.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/04/koss...eze-rally.html

Koss family and company’s execs cash in $44 million in stock during short squeeze frenzy

Members of the Koss family, who own about 75% of the headphone maker, sold $31 million of stock, according to SEC filings.
    The $31 million in sales is larger than the entire market value of the company — at about $26 million —before its share surge.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/this-he...op-11612390687

Richard Mashaal and Brian Gonick started buying GameStop Corp. shares in September.

They aren’t Reddit day traders or Discord users. They are hedge-fund managers in New York. And when the stock surged from less than $10 a share to above $400 and the dust had settled, they were sitting on a profit of nearly $700 million, one of the great fortunes of the January market mania.

The GameStop surge is often cast as a triumph of amateurs over professionals. Which it was, to a degree. But it also was a trade that pitted professionals against other professionals—and few have made more money than Senvest Management LLC, Messrs. Mashaal’s and Gonick’s firm.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like exactly why I wouldn't fuck with mutual funds. Sure money comes back but you're paying people. Gross
    Yeah, even with people who do this for a living and are experienced with analyzing business fundamentals, it still comes down to guessing on which stocks will be winners. Managed portfolios rarely do any better than indexed ones, it just makes sense to use index funds since they are cheaper. Even if a managed portfolio does outperform, you are still making less usually because of the cost for selecting the portfolio in the first place.

Fund earning a better return vs fund with lower expenses?

Are you are turning down a fund based on the Expense Ratio?
    Sure if its insane like 5% then by all means but the two should go hand and hand.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

So what's the best performing index fund out there? VOO? Lets see.

1-year return 17.13% (vs. 45.73%). 3-year annualized return of 11.63% (vs. 28.13%). 5-year is 16.1% (vs. 26.3%). 10-year is 13.45% (vs. 21.49%).

Personally I think that 0.72% is worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fund earning a better return vs fund with lower expenses?

Are you are turning down a fund based on the Expense Ratio?
    Sure if its insane like 5% then by all means but the two should go hand and hand.
    FSCSX is one of a few outliers due to it's extremely high rate of return recently and in this case, yes it would make sense as an option. Most well performing managed funds are around 7-15% though, with some breaking 20% but most index funds have similar performance as well. If a managed fund and an index fund have similar returns, then yeah it's better to stick with the lower fee one in my opinion.

The thing is, the market has been doing really well as it rebounded and some sectors have knocked it out of the park. Look at FLXSX, it's also seen 30%. But in any case, I will say that FSCSX does seem like a good option.

- - - Updated - - -

So what's the best performing index fund out there? VOO? Lets see.

1-year return 17.13% (vs. 45.73%). 3-year annualized return of 11.63% (vs. 28.13%). 5-year is 16.1% (vs. 26.3%). 10-year is 13.45% (vs. 21.49%).

Personally I think that 0.72% is worth it.
    Yeah compared to VOO, FSCSX would be a better option. I used this site to check, pretty useful.
    https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/inve...nd-calculator/

Unfortunately, I don't have access to FSCSX through my company's Fidelity selection.

I stg if the price of dogecoin rises just bc Elon Musk tweeted about it >: (

Like you cant be that retarded to be trapped on a bubble twice right??!!
    Last edited by NED funded; 2021-02-04 at 08:31 PM.