Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Wow server lags evidence

    Some guys asked me to provide some proofs. Here they are. And as problems happen at almost the same time, I guess it's regular problems.

    Video

    My logic behind conclusion, that it's server lags:

    Problems with my computer would either be
    1) Load-based
    2) Persistent

    Neither pattern is observed.

    Problems are more
    1) Time-based
    2) Location-based

    Sometimes there are no lags, sometimes there are. There are no lags in some locations, but there are in some other ones. Yeah, overcrowding causes more lags, but yesterday there was just one player near me. It's not enough to cause such major lags, as server only sends data about objects around me - not location-wide data.

    So problem lied somewhere outside my computer.

    And only place for this problems is - my ISP. But any ISP latency or packet loss would cause higher ping. And it's also not observed.

    Another evidence - such problems would also affect other online games, but they don't.

    So only place remaining - is servers themselves.

  2. #2
    Any context? I am having no issues since they opened free transfers, and I play on Kazzak EU.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Some guys asked me to provide some proofs.
    So why didn't you just message those guys?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Still here and still posting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Some guys asked me to provide some proofs. Here they are. And as problems happen at almost the same time, I guess it's regular problems.

    Video
    It's a you problem, or specific to your server. What are you whining about today?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    It's a you problem, or specific to your server. What are you whining about today?
    The guy is not even playing the game.
    He is just like the dudes that keep obsessing about their ex, frightening and amusing at the same time.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bob View Post
    Any context? I am having no issues since they opened free transfers, and I play on Kazzak EU.
    Overall this problem is connected with game design, Blizzard use, but their servers can't actually handle. Blizzard try to make an illusion, that their game is "massive". They implement CRZ, crossrealm LFG, mandatory group quests, that require crossrealm LFG, and funnel many players to exactly the same place, instead of trying to spread them. They refuse to use instancing, phasing and sharding, because they "make world dead". But at the same time their servers can't handle such design. For example CRZ allows Blizzard to reduce number of physical servers via putting way too many players into the same virtual CRZ shard. This saves them money, but spoils players' experience. They have respawn problems, overcrowding and lags. Sometimes massive lags. Especially when world bosses are active. For example my video shows up to 1000ms lags. World bosses can cause up to 5000ms lags. Some players here just used standard "If it doesn't happen with me - then this problem doesn't exist" argument. Here is proof. Lags exist. They happen from time to time in endgame locations. And almost constantly in some old content locations.

    We want our physical servers back! You should clearly understand, that back in old times I intentionally chose low pop realm exactly to avoid this problems. It was my voluntary choice. And now Blizzard have removed this choice from me. CRZ turns every realm (even "New players" one) into overpopulated lagfest.

  7. #7
    Stop playing on toasters and on shitty internet, and you won't have this issue, except *very* rarely. We just had 100 people in one place for a rare earlier. No issues at all. None.

  8. #8
    I have MAYBE one unexplainable lag spike a day, for a brief moment, and then it's over.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Some players here just used standard "If it doesn't happen with me - then this problem doesn't exist" argument.

    Nah, the real problem here is that everyone uses the "if it happened a single time to me then it is objectively a Blizzard problem and none of it is my fault and the whole world needs to listen to me because I am the centre of the universe and my opinions on this video game are the only ones that matter" argument.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Nah, the real problem here is that everyone uses the "if it happened a single time to me then it is objectively a Blizzard problem and none of it is my fault and the whole world needs to listen to me because I am the centre of the universe and my opinions on this video game are the only ones that matter" argument.
    It's not single time. It constantly happens since implementation of CRZ. Sometimes this problem isn't that obvious, because 100-200ms lags aren't so noticeable. But 500ms and higher start to be very noticeable. And you should clearly understand, that any problems at my side would cause ping to jump. Because how can you have 5000ms ISP delay, but 45ms ping? Answer is simple - it's server itself, that lags.

  11. #11
    Sooo what do you want us to do about it

    I doubt anyone here is a server tech for blizzard or your specific ISP and if there were they cant take customer comaints from a fan forum

  12. #12
    Field Marshal Elbryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    We want our physical servers back! You should clearly understand, that back in old times I intentionally chose low pop realm exactly to avoid this problems. It was my voluntary choice. And now Blizzard have removed this choice from me. CRZ turns every realm (even "New players" one) into overpopulated lagfest.
    No "we" do not.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Overall this problem is connected with game design, Blizzard use, but their servers can't actually handle. Blizzard try to make an illusion, that their game is "massive". They implement CRZ, crossrealm LFG, mandatory group quests, that require crossrealm LFG, and funnel many players to exactly the same place, instead of trying to spread them. They refuse to use instancing, phasing and sharding, because they "make world dead". But at the same time their servers can't handle such design. For example CRZ allows Blizzard to reduce number of physical servers via putting way too many players into the same virtual CRZ shard. This saves them money, but spoils players' experience. They have respawn problems, overcrowding and lags. Sometimes massive lags. Especially when world bosses are active. For example my video shows up to 1000ms lags. World bosses can cause up to 5000ms lags. Some players here just used standard "If it doesn't happen with me - then this problem doesn't exist" argument. Here is proof. Lags exist. They happen from time to time in endgame locations. And almost constantly in some old content locations.

    We want our physical servers back! You should clearly understand, that back in old times I intentionally chose low pop realm exactly to avoid this problems. It was my voluntary choice. And now Blizzard have removed this choice from me. CRZ turns every realm (even "New players" one) into overpopulated lagfest.
    Some groups complain there aren't enough times you need to party, that's its become too much a single player game. Some complain that there are too many times you need to party. Some people complain that their realms are dead and want realms permanently merged. Some say they rolled on a low server deliberately and sharding makes there be too many people. Who is right? Everyone and no one? Any argument you can make there's someone else saying the exact opposite is what they want. You speak for no one but yourself.

    Also you have no evidence that the number of physical servers has been reduced. Also very high latency is not a Blizzard problem, it's the internet between you and them problem.
    The most difficult thing for people to do is objectively look at something they don't like and be able to accept that it is not bad, that other people like it, and if it was changed to the way they'd like it that other people would not like it and want it changed back. The second most is to receive something they didn't want or ask for and be grateful for it, not immediately demand what they wanted instead.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Some guys asked me to provide some proofs. Here they are. And as problems happen at almost the same time, I guess it's regular problems.

    Video
    Got any proof using the full blizzard UI and not split pieces of it? I have a feeling there's more to the story here bucko

  15. #15
    The servers have been lagging for years. Everyone knows this outside of a few delusional blizzard fanboys here. If you need proof just watch any streamer do a social event, play a 40v40 battleground or kill a world boss.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    The servers have been lagging for years. Everyone knows this outside of a few delusional blizzard fanboys here. If you need proof just watch any streamer do a social event, play a 40v40 battleground or kill a world boss.
    Translation: people experience lag when things that cause lag happen

  17. #17
    My logic behind conclusion, that it's server lags:

    Problems with my computer would either be
    1) Load-based
    2) Persistent

    Neither pattern is observed.

    Problems are more
    1) Time-based
    2) Location-based

    Sometimes there are no lags, sometimes there are. There are no lags in some locations, but there are in some other ones. Yeah, overcrowding causes more lags, but yesterday there was just one player near me. It's not enough to cause such major lags, as server only sends data about objects around me - not location-wide data.

    So problem lies somewhere outside my computer.

    And only place for this problems is - my ISP. But any ISP latency or packet loss would cause higher ping. And it's also not observed.

    Another evidence - such problems would also affect other online games, but they don't.

    So only place remaining - is servers themselves.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    My logic behind conclusion, blah blah blah.
    Congrats you figured out server lag...

    I repeat what do you want from us?

    Validation? Cause we are all on different servers in different locations so therefore might have different results... cause we sure as fuck cant fix it and your posting history isnt going to prompt any symphathy for you

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    Stop playing on toasters and on shitty internet, and you won't have this issue, except *very* rarely. We just had 100 people in one place for a rare earlier. No issues at all. None.
    This isn't a connectivity issue but simply a load issue on servers. They are two separate things.

  20. #20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •