Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    (...) Just because you have higher stats the abilities and zone buff can still wreck you.
    Well, exactly. Probably that's why OP is asking about the addon
    For some elite/rare missions where the enemy has "round CDs", healer or multiple mob types I am not sure exactly how to structure my team...
    Would be quite complicated to write it all down "on paper" and try to figure out tbh

It's true that it could be complex to intelligently structure a whole team, but if you think about it, there are certain rules you follow each time.

- You want your champs that heal or buff adjacent troops in the middle.
    - You want the champ that hits all enemies in melee, in melee.
    - When facing a single high-health target, stack the dudes that deal single-target damage
    - Using the champ that hits targets in a cone, place it so it hits the most enemies possible
    - When using injured champs with <75% health, don't put them in the front lines
    - You want to stack the troop that hits all enemies when there are lots of weak enemies.
    - You never want to use the troop that only heals 1 adjacent target because it sucks

Then you could build-out maybe 4-5 "standard" builds with those general archetypes that would take a lot of the annoyance out of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    It's true that it could be complex to intelligently structure a whole team, but if you think about it, there are certain rules you follow each time.

- You want your champs that heal or buff adjacent troops in the middle.
    - When facing a single high-health target, stack the dudes that deal single-target damage
    - Using the champ that hits targets in a cone, place it so it hits the most enemies possible
    - When using injured champs with <75% health, don't put them in the front lines
    - You want to stack the troop that hits all enemies when there are lots of weak enemies.
    - You never want to use the troop that only heals 1 adjacent target because it sucks

Then you could build-out maybe 4-5 "standard" builds with those general archetypes that would take a lot of the annoyance out of the process.
    I had literally no idea the position of champs made any difference...

Just take two minutes to read what your guys do and what the enemy abilities do and you'll have a greater chance of success. It's not difficult and it doesn't take a long time.

I like this command table, there's some genuine thought to it unlike just ticking off counters to abilities like past iterations. It's more engaging.

This, and the Mist mechanic in the mists dungeon, seem to be an attempt from bliz to create content that can't be addon'd into meaninglessness.

I think I approve, although i've become accustomed to the opposite.

Not necessarily. You can have them in the back row and they still hit melee targets. Melee just means "Closet enemy". Placing them in the front or back row makes no difference. Tested it both ways and you can see it in-game when you go to place them on the table it puts like a hunter's mark icon on the targets that it will hit.

The night fae healers do this trait and actually you want to use them over the damage dealers. The healers, for whatever reason, contribute far more damage than the damage dealing troops do. It took me a few missions to start noticing the drastic difference between placing a healer and a damage troop.

Wow, both of those things are completely counter-intuitive when you look at the troop tooltips. Thanks!

You can see the autohit damage of both heroes and troops in the second tab of the adventure table UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Not necessarily. You can have them in the back row and they still hit melee targets. Melee just means "Closet enemy". Placing them in the front or back row makes no difference. Tested it both ways and you can see it in-game when you go to place them on the table it puts like a hunter's mark icon on the targets that it will hit.

The night fae healers do this trait and actually you want to use them over the damage dealers. The healers, for whatever reason, contribute far more damage than the damage dealing troops do. It took me a few missions to start noticing the drastic difference between placing a healer and a damage troop.
    Yeah but the heal is a 2round CD and the damage dealers have a 2round 20% DR on the whole enemy team so it's worth using at least one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    I had literally no idea the position of champs made any difference...
    I think dudes with swords or shields target closest enemy or front-row starting left to right. Bows target furthest away on the board, usually diagonally.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I tried this one, and it actually does work... So far, all constallations that have said I would win, was correct.

But I would still much prefer Masterplan, OrderHallCommander and/or ChampionCommander to be fixed and do the job.
    If you have like +1 or +2 above its a cointoss imo. But if you have higher positive numbers you generally win

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Yeah but the heal is a 2round CD and the damage dealers have a 2round 20% DR on the whole enemy team so it's worth using at least one.
    Possibly. I just know from the experience, especially on my fresh alt, I had better luck of succeeding stacking healers with no damage dealers and when I added a damage dealer or two it caused more fails.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    If you have like +1 or +2 above its a cointoss imo. But if you have higher positive numbers you generally win
    I have now lost a single +1 (but won 20+) and never lost a +2 (yet).
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

My earlier post still applies, an addon could apply those basic guidelines and provide useful automation, even if it isn't completely hands-off and perfect like prior expansions where they could just try every combination and pick the one with the highest chance.

Just pushing this thread, maybe something did pop up and someone knows?

I'm at 8 followers now and it get's a bit annoying even when it's not necessary ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOne View Post
    Just pushing this thread, maybe something did pop up and someone knows?

I'm at 8 followers now and it get's a bit annoying even when it's not necessary ofc.
    8?? How did you get to 8???

I got number 6 last week and none this week,
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    8?? How did you get to 8???

I got number 6 last week and none this week,
    You can get 3 covenant specific companions + Meatball from Torghast layer 2+, so you're probably missing 2 of those.

Wowhead just featured an addon for the new mission table in a news post: https://www.wowhead.com/news=320112/...ddon-spotlight

Not exactly what we want, but a start.

I don't find that addon any more useful than what we had before; it's actually less because you need to click the "cursed guide" to get it to tell you relative strengths. You still need to choose all the adventurers, etc, yourself. No point to it really.

I don't find that addon any more useful than what we had before; it's actually less because you need to click the "cursed guide" to get it to tell you relative strengths. You still need to choose all the adventurers, etc, yourself. No point to it really.
    There is a point, if you use the WA and get a +1 on a mission, the addon will still tell you that you're gonna fail, wich can save you some anima in case you choose to just trust the +1

The WA (and garrison mission manager) do that, yes. There's no reason to choose that venture addon from the post I responded to. It offers less value than they do, because you don't even get the number. It doesn't look at abilities either.