Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You can get a +1 on a mission and still fail, that makes no damn sense wich is why the addon is "superior" since it will tell you that you are gonna fail regardless of the +1

As a night fae I win missions at -1.7 all the time. Balance, lol.

Anyway, this venture addon is inferior to the (crappy) options already available.

Just putting my opinion in that Venture Plan is the best so far. The ability to see who will be attacking what is the crucial part. Some of the targets on the "boss" missions are weird as well, like this one melee boss that was in the second spot, melee row, but melee'd my far right spot, then melee'd the far right ranged spot next. I can plan exactly which spot tanks a troop while I can power level someone weak in another spot. Many missions I've passed that said I had no chance with that covenant mission chance addon.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    You can get a +1 on a mission and still fail, that makes no damn sense wich is why the addon is "superior" since it will tell you that you are gonna fail regardless of the +1
    blizzard managed to make the worst implementation of auto chess that market have seen so far.

If they wanted to auto chess, they should have:
    1. remove time when mission actually starts
    2. make missions repeatable if you fail
    3. remove troops

that would allow you to learn how to properly make your teams and what does each champion do

I am thinking of something similar to mobile game afk arena (pretty good game for ... sessions).

Now to actually make an addon that "works", you would have to simulate all permutations according to game rules to see which combination is best. I doubt anyone will make perfect addon that tells you exact percent. But one thing is sure:

This whole system is a bust, convoluted amalgam of old mission tables and and autochess implemented in worst possible way.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    blizzard managed to make the worst implementation of auto chess that market have seen so far.

3. remove troops

that would allow you to learn how to properly make your teams and what does each champion do

I am thinking of something similar to mobile game afk arena (pretty good game for ... sessions).

Now to actually make an addon that "works", you would have to simulate all permutations according to game rules to see which combination is best. I doubt anyone will make perfect addon that tells you exact percent. But one thing is sure:

This whole system is a bust, convoluted amalgam of old mission tables and and autochess implemented in worst possible way.
    I tend to agree here. The table, as well as anima upgrades for your sanctum, could have had much better implementation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Venture addon is a welcome addition, gives more information. Shame that we have to rely on external parties for such things but glad to have it!
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Venture addon is a welcome addition, gives more information. Shame that we have to rely on external parties for such things but glad to have it!
    Wanted to second this. Been using it for a little bit and I like the UI and I like how when you hover over a rep icon it shows the bar. The book that is in the area where you drag your party members is nice as well since you can get a preview of what the outcome is. Not sure how accurate it is, but looks to be close.

There is also a spot where you can submit your combat logs from the missions too so the author can probably make it more accurate as well.

Only thing that sucks is it is on an independent site so no easy way to just auto update it and you have to remember to visit and redownload each time.

https://www.townlong-yak.com/addons/...e-plan/release -- Here's the link to the addon.

I stopped doing my mission table until we get something like this. Pointless and waste of time and resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Wanted to second this. Been using it for a little bit and I like the UI and I like how when you hover over a rep icon it shows the bar. The book that is in the area where you drag your party members is nice as well since you can get a preview of what the outcome is. Not sure how accurate it is, but looks to be close.

There is also a spot where you can submit your combat logs from the missions too so the author can probably make it more accurate as well.

Only thing that sucks is it is on an independent site so no easy way to just auto update it and you have to remember to visit and redownload each time.

https://www.townlong-yak.com/addons/...e-plan/release -- Here's the link to the addon.
    Probably has it's reasons why it isn't on the main site uploading data seems voluntary so no issues there.

What i find interesting is that if it's accurate, it allows you to actually do more missions and use troops more sadly troops still level down every time we get a new follower what is still happening almost weekly through the covenant story progression. But for me it made me move away from making groups of 5 followers only, i still do that with levelling missions but it allows me to do more rare and rewarding missions, something other stronger covenants have already been doing with things like Night Fea trappers.

Got a mission running where according to the addon my follower should come out with full health according to the predictions of what slot(s) the enemy troops will hit. Going to be interesting to see if it is truly that accurate.

Apparently there's also a counter for "campaign unlocks", what is yet another mechanic of this mission table that is simply not well explained. I first figured a specific mission would unlock more but apparently they stack and they probably unlock more missions after you did a certain number of them. I think we'll see some updates to this mission table later on, it's just a low priority for them to work on.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

sadly troops still level down every time we get a new follower
    I don't know where this started, but it's currently not true. I haven't seen it and if it was true, it is no longer. Troop levels have never gone down for me when a new follower is added. They stay at the level they were, which was the previous median level of your followers. Once that median goes up again, then troops level up.

sadly troops still level down every time we get a new follower what is still happening almost weekly through the covenant story progression.
    They do not level down every time. They are the average of your two highest companions.

But for me it made me move away from making groups of 5 followers only
    The only time that is a good idea is XP missions or "hard" missions depending on your covenant. Most missions you can run 1-2 companions and then the minions as well and still succeed.

i still do that with levelling missions but it allows me to do more rare and rewarding missions, something other stronger covenants have already been doing with things like Night Fea trappers.
    I've been doing it with Kyrian for weeks and they are pretty weak. You just have to optimize their positioning so they take less damage and nuke the one that needs it.

Got a mission running where according to the addon my follower should come out with full health according to the predictions of what slot(s) the enemy troops will hit. Going to be interesting to see if it is truly that accurate.
    Out of the 15 missions I had up this morning when I logged in (did them all last night with the addon) they were pretty close.

The "Health left" is odd and may not always be accurate. Since once the mission timer runs out (so if it's a 4 hour mission at the end of 4 hours) they start their healing. So if you check back in say 12 hours and they were at 10% health they'll likely be back at 90% health despite being 10% at the end of the mission.

Apparently there's also a counter for "campaign unlocks", what is yet another mechanic of this mission table that is simply not well explained. I first figured a specific mission would unlock more but apparently they stack and they probably unlock more missions after you did a certain number of them. I think we'll see some updates to this mission table later on, it's just a low priority for them to work on.
    Yeah, the token has always been there and mentions upgrading your companions progress. The only thing the table doesn't mention is how many you have (through standard UI there's a script and this addon to see) and at how many start popping things up.

5 is about when you started seeing Soul Ash missions. 16 I think has been when mounts start spawning and it was around 12 or so when pets start spawning.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    not even close, if you send ranged spellcasters in against a team that hits the back a lot you will lose, you can very much beat ones that are higher, or lose to ones that are lower because of abilities.
    Unless you are Venthyr.. you almost always lose unless your chars are higher. (not everything ofc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I don't know where this started, but it's currently not true. I haven't seen it and if it was true, it is no longer. Troop levels have never gone down for me when a new follower is added. They stay at the level they were, which was the previous median level of your followers. Once that median goes up again, then troops level up.
    I had mine at 30 than i gained another hero and they dropped to 28, after levelling my lowest ones up the new one i got they are now back up to 31. Will check this again tomorrow when a new one is added, multiple people reported on this.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

They do not level down every time. They are the average of your two highest companions.
    That is not correct.

My companions are level 36, 35, 35, 32, 29, 26, 18 and the troops are level 32, which is clearly less than the average of 36 and 35.

It could be that they are the median of your companions' levels - or it could be more complicated (both are consistent with sometimes leveling down).

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    That is not correct.

My companions are level 36, 35, 35, 32, 29, 26, 18 and the troops are level 32, which is clearly less than the average of 36 and 35.

It could be that they are the median of your companions' levels - or it could be more complicated (both are consistent with sometimes leveling down).
    Yes, Median is correct. That's why the levels of troops fluctuated harshly at the beginning of the expansion and is relatively stable now.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    That is not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Yes, Median is correct. That's why the levels of troops fluctuated harshly at the beginning of the expansion and is relatively stable now.
    I just gained this week's renown follower, Clora as Kyrian. My followers were 28, 28, 28, 28, 27, 27, 24, and 18 with troops at 27. Mean 26, Median 27.5, and Mode 28. When Clora was added at level 1: Mean 23.2, Median 27, and Mode 28, troops still at 27.

Your troops are the median level of your followers, rounded down.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    don't think there's one yet, but you really don't need one. If the hp and damage are higher, send it, if not then don't.
    This is the method I use and have only lost once. Now I do make sure my damage and hp is almost double what the enemy is. No addon needed

People actually do these mission table things?

F these stupid tables, why the heck were they ever added to WoW? Was this an Ion thing he introduced few expansions ago?

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

3. remove troops

You really never are satisfied with anything are you? For three expansions people were complaining about the mission tables, about how followers get sent out on missions and bring in rewards without any interaction or planning from the player. And now that they're actually making player thought, planning, and placement part of the deal you're whining about how it's the worst thing ever. I'm not even sure what your #1 complaint means or whatever the hell "auto chess" means. Probably just some perjorative.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat2014 View Post
    Has anyone managed to find an addon that works for the shadowlands mission table? Similiar to Champion Commander.
    https://www.townlong-yak.com/addons/venture-plan