Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Where is it? I use v4.11a and I haven't seen it anywhere; I need to do my own optimization, so a team can win in one setup rather than the same 5 files in another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    I am not seeing this button either. I have the newest available version installed.
    It's a little square where the arrow is pointing. If it's not there, try deleting the Venture Plan folder then reinstalling it. The screenshot is from the addon page, I'm not at my computer to screenshot the actual button.

Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    It's a little square where the arrow is pointing. If it's not there, try deleting the Venture Plan folder then reinstalling it. The screenshot is from the addon page, I'm not at my computer to screenshot the actual button.
    That's not an optimization button at all. That's just a "Simulate Outcome" button. I have it and CovenantHelper or something installed and CovenantHelper has an actual optimization button where you can pick a team and it rearranges it so it takes the least amount of damage possible.

Is there an addon that skips the finishing of a mission?
    No more space space space bar, continue button to finish a missions would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That's not an optimization button at all. That's just a "Simulate Outcome" button. I have it and CovenantHelper or something installed and CovenantHelper has an actual optimization button where you can pick a team and it rearranges it so it takes the least amount of damage possible.
    Read the post that you quoted once again. It's not the big button that you can see in the screenshot and that simultes the fight. It's a smaller one. If you click that smaller once, Venture Plan will move your adventures around to optimize the outcome. And it will fill the places with troops (if there are empty places).

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Is there an addon that skips the finishing of a mission?
    No more space space space bar, continue button to finish a missions would be great.
    Yes, Venture Plan now also has that. Just press space bar (or click the button) at the mission overview page once and it will complete all missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    My apologies, my fat finger doodling wasn't good enough. The following image has a yellow square where the optimize button would be. Is this better?

OK cool.
    Like the autocomplete button.
    But the optimizer button should fill all troops, I don't like that it only puts 2 troops sometimes.
    I usually want 1 hero 4 troops. Unless I'm going for XP.

My apologies, my fat finger doodling wasn't good enough. The following image has a yellow square where the optimize button would be. Is this better?

I did indeed have to delete and reinstall venture plan, I see the button now. Thanks a lot

If you're going to win anyway, why waste anima on extra troops?

10+ Year Old Account

There isn't anything on YOUR picture there, how could I then find it on my screen.

The book icon (not new) gives estimates, not optimization (as I described)..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Second book does indeed optimize. Using 4.11a here.

Here's the new book icon and description (team optimized in this pic)

This is followed by me manually setting the team

And clicking the new book to optimize order
    Last edited by Throwme; 2021-02-23 at 05:46 PM.

There isn't anything on YOUR picture there, how could I then find it on my screen.

Please read previous replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If you're going to win anyway, why waste anima on extra troops?
    2 extra anima spend vs chance that addon miscalculated?
    I'd rather spend 2 extra anima.

The addon is great, but everything is hard coded. Makes it hard to configure stuff you don't like.

I removed the troop penalty and now it always puts 4 troops.
    I also changed the sorting of missions.
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-02-25 at 02:17 PM.

I haven't seen anyone mention this so I thought I would, maybe I missed it but nonetheless here it is:

When you set up a companion in a circle, you can see what it will target if you put it there. It will highlight the circle that the companion will target.

Any news on a shadowlands mission table addon for 9.1?

It seems that Venture Plan isn't fully updated and the author is on hiatus.

Venture Plan still works for me. It was just updated before the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Venture Plan update, from author:

On Hiatus
    2021-07-06.

I'm currently taking a break from World of Warcraft (and releasing addons). I expect this to continue at least into autumn.

For some addons, releases compatible with patch 9.0.5 will continue to work (check the "Load out of date addons" checkbox). For others, no updates are expected until after the break, and you may need to look for alternatives in the meantime.

Why take a break?
    The fun stopped. Both in-game and in-editor. Perhaps taking a break will bring some of it back.
    How about adding support for Burning Crusade Classic?
    No.
    I have no desire to play BCC. Figuring out, implementing, and continuing to test and support carve-outs for yet another API is not fun.
    (but check if the classic or modern releases work anyway)

https://www.townlong-yak.com/box/hiatus

Quote Originally Posted by MoMedic View Post
    Venture Plan update, from author:

I'm currently taking a break from World of Warcraft (and releasing addons). I expect this to continue at least into autumn.
    Noooo foxlit don't leave us!
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Venture Plan still works for me. It was just updated before the patch.
    As far as I can see it mostly works - it's just that it doesn't work for the few new missions.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...tmissionhelper

This one works really well. It doesn't actively set troops into a selected mission like venture plan though. But still very nice!

Yeah, that's pretty much the only thing I want. I don't want to think about missions. I hate that facebook minigame crap. I want to click a button and move on with my life.