Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yeah, still doesn't auto-fill champions, which is what I (and presumably everybody) really wants.

Right now I'm using both Venture Plan and Champion Mission Helper. Hey, I've got 32GB RAM, shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yeah, still doesn't auto-fill champions, which is what I (and presumably everybody) really wants.

Right now I'm using both Venture Plan and Champion Mission Helper. Hey, I've got 32GB RAM, shut up.
    Foxlit (Venture Plan author) is against an autofill feature.

Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

I use them both as well. I love how venture plan sets up the adventurers, making it easier to choose them for a mission. And Champion Mission Helper does a really good job of optimizing positions for a winning effort. The best part of CMH is that you lose less health on missions, so they don't have to rest as much. Added up over a week, and it's allowed me to run more missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    If he wasn't making an addon for free that I use and appreciate, I would be peeved at him. As is, it's just a big /sigh.

Of course we want a "give me loot" button. Every previous mission table addon was a "give me loot" button. I hate mission tables, the "gameplay" is garbage, and I want an addon to make it go away. If people don't want a "give me loot" button they can just switch that functionality off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Venture Plan has improved a lot over the past month or so.
    I haven't seen any updates.. Where do you find it?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I haven't seen any updates.. Where do you find it?
    On its official site: https://www.townlong-yak.com/addons/venture-plan
    Or just use WowUp to automatically update it. Version 2.1 is now released, which also supports all addons from Townlong-Yak.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post

Kind of a tiny hill to die on. Not sure why he won't just give people what they want. I mean who cares about "playing" the command table?

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Kind of a tiny hill to die on. Not sure why he won't just give people what they want. I mean who cares about "playing" the command table?
    Is he hired by someone to write the addon? If no, he can do and add whatever features he want.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by cremor View Post
    On its official site: https://www.townlong-yak.com/addons/venture-plan
    Or just use WowUp to automatically update it. Version 2.1 is now released, which also supports all addons from Townlong-Yak.
    Thank you very much for the WowUp suggestion. The 2.1 is way cleaner.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2021-02-06 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Is he hired by someone to write the addon? If no, he can do and add whatever features he want.
    Yep. Can't complain about someone working completely for free. Still wish he would reconsider though.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Can't complain about someone working completely for free.
    People aren't really complaining, just laughing. The dude has put lots of effort into making an addon that's almost there, but is missing the main feature of the addon because he's against addons like the one he made xD

It's like if a company released a new car but opted not to include an engine because they're anti-driving, you wouldn't complain you'd ridicule their eccentricity.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    People aren't really complaining, just laughing. The dude has put lots of effort into making an addon that's almost there, but is missing the main feature of the addon because he's against addons like the one he made xD

It's like if a company released a new car but opted not to include an engine because they're anti-driving, you wouldn't complain you'd ridicule their eccentricity.
    Tbh what kinda auto fill feature do you want anyway?
    I have different strategies for every kind of mission.

Like cheap easy missions.
    Missions I really want to beat.
    Missions I just Spam for XP etc.

I don't think an auto fill feature would make it exactly the way I want it.
    I usually already know, OK this Mission I can take a weak hero and 4 troops.
    This one I need 2 champions and the I move them so they won't get hit much.

How do you wanna automate that so its optimal? Everyone has different priorities on what missions you want, do you want XP or gold, skip stygia? Skip items? Low prio soul dust?

Maybe the best way would be to put a *barely win* button.
    *put best possible setup*, or *just for xp* buttons
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-02-11 at 06:40 AM.

A "just for XP" button already exists. It fills the mission with your lowest level adventurers.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I got a 194 staff from my mission table while I only did 10 champion missions on a char. I think it's more connected to your ilvl (and possibly your renown level, since the rewards upgraded with the renown level 29?)

Even with 20 champions missions done the max anima reward is still 70.
    Yes it seems to be related to the WQ rewards unlock as the items are just wq gear mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Maybe the best way would be to put a *barely win* button.
    *put best possible setup*, or *just for xp* buttons
    Just look at garrison's masterplan. There you have endless options (optimize for ressources, XP, on a follower, items...), you can choose to ignore missions and then it completely sets up your groups for the best possible outcome for your selected goal and you can send them with a single click. While obviously it's rather unfair to compare a over six year old addon (that's still maintained) to a those young ones we can see what actually might be possible.

I, too, think the reason given for not implementing such a feature seems rather strange. I mean, if it was legally possible and the game provides an API to add a "give me the loot button" I obviously would want it.

And btw, I would rather wish they would update the app. There are simple changes that would make using the app so much easier, like (I know completely retarded) to show the base XP that missions give, or (totally crazy) the level of your followers right in the follower frame.

Starting with version 4.11 Venture Plan now also offers an optimize button.

Yeah, it's another incremental step towards what we actually want. It now sets up the troops but you still need to do the champions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting with version 4.11 Venture Plan now also offers an optimize button.
    Where is it? I use v4.11a and I haven't seen it anywhere; I need to do my own optimization, so a team can win in one setup rather than the same 5 fails in another.
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2021-02-23 at 05:30 PM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

It's a little button right beside the big button that shows the predicted result.

It's a little button right beside the big button that shows the predicted result.
    I am not seeing this button either. I have the newest available version installed.