Question Does an alt running the campaign have to do the whole Maw/Torghast intro?

So I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that an alt using threads of fate, at 60, gets to skip all the back and forth from the maw, torghast, the runecarver, the whole deal, and they just have the features unlocked and are good to go. Assuming that's true, if an alt rides the campaign to 60 and even to the end of the Revendreth story after that (so missing out on the chance to turn off the campaign just before 60), does that character have to do the aforementioned tour of the level 60 features still? Kinda wanna do the revendreth campaign in full with my revendreth character, but I don't want to do "the tour" of all the maw-ish features. Will I have to do that if I do the leveling campaign to its end, including its revendreth level 60 chapter?

Thanks in advance for any informed, helpful replies
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-12-06 at 11:05 PM.

Yes they do, Unfortunately. I'm sure they'll add the "I've heard this story before" option in like 9.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Yes they do, Unfortunately. I'm sure they'll add the "I've heard this story before" option in like 9.2.
    But if I turn off the campaign I get to skip it all? Was that part at least true or did I imagine hearing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    But if I turn off the campaign I get to skip it all? Was that part at least true or did I imagine hearing that?
    When you choose Threads of Fate all that gets removed is the story campaign from each zone. You basically auto-complete each zone's main storyline, but all the Maw stuff is still mandatory and cannot be skipped.

You need to get your character through the Intro and the Maw to get to Oribos. In Oribos you can choose Threads of Fate and skip the main storyline per zone. After that you can skip the max level stuff right to the point where the Maw campaign begins.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    When you choose Threads of Fate all that gets removed is the story campaign from each zone. You basically auto-complete each zone's main storyline, but all the Maw stuff is still mandatory and cannot be skipped.

You need to get your character through the Intro and the Maw to get to Oribos. In Oribos you can choose Threads of Fate and skip the main storyline per zone. After that you can skip the max level stuff right to the point where the Maw campaign begins.
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

It also seems to remove unrelated quests by error. I've lost progress on current stage of account-level pet to mount Legion quest.

Also you DON'T get any quest reward transmogrifications from all the skipped quests if you're into this.
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2020-12-07 at 03:16 AM.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.