Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Something like the minion master necromancer from GuildWars. There are already elements of those abilities in WoW. Just implemented differently and in different class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Not really. The concept of Inquisitor exists in WoW.
    You're right, it does. I feel like it would be better suited to a new Hero Class than a spec, though. Since someone rarely starts their journey with 'I'm going to be an inquisitor!' Except maybe for Vishas but he was a psycho. It's a priest that has gone down a dark path of zealotry and cruelty, and they would need to abandon their bloody crusade to join the Alliance or Horde. It's a rather specific class and would need a very specific scenario to become playable, but I would love to see it as well.

Back in the last major content patch of MoP, on the Timeless Isle, Blizzard introduced three NPCs that clearly represent specs of a class, a Timewalker of some sort. At that point I had figured the next class would be it but...nothing.

So, in lieu of that, since arcane magic already involves time to some degree, some sort of healing class based on time magic for mages.

Playing with time magic in general seems fun. Localized reversed time to "heal", or forward time to age and wither.

5.4 Survival Hunter.

I always like water magic in any game, so I would've liked to see a water-themed spec in WoW. This is completely unrealistic though, because even if a water themed spec somehow made its way into the game it would not just be a water theme but a naga theme or a space water pirate theme or whatever.

More realistically I would still like to see a holy dps spec. I'd be perfectly happy if priests got a green fire questline that turned all the shadow particles yellow for shadow.

Shaman tank or tinker seems cool

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I always like water magic in any game, so I would've liked to see a water-themed spec in WoW. This is completely unrealistic though, because even if a water themed spec somehow made its way into the game it would not just be a water theme but a naga theme or a space water pirate theme or whatever.

More realistically I would still like to see a holy dps spec. I'd be perfectly happy if priests got a green fire questline that turned all the shadow particles yellow for shadow.
    Resto shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyze View Post
    Shaman tank or tinker seems cool

- - - Updated - - -

Resto shaman?
    I like shaman, but the theme is totems before water, and really elements before water. Not very exciting to me.

A good example of a water spec to my taste would be spellsinger in Lineage 2.

Smart ass answer, I want Glad Warrior back and Blood DPS.

Would love an arcane melee. Magus/War Mage like. A mix of ranged and mostly melee. A mail wearing War Priest or Cleric. If they have any healing, maybe they only can heal others by "touch" so they're essentially a pocket healer. I guess also, I wasn't against classes/specs having a niche.

Witch hunter - Mail, pistol off hand, sword main. Half melee maybe with some magic damage component and some midrange magic / pistol damage.

I know outlaw rogue is the closest to this but its not the same idea.

Oh and as some have said Glad warrior was pretty cool imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    While I always thought that a smiting combat priest would be cool, I don't really think it fits in the WoW universe. A priest that actively seeks to go out and smite would just become a paladin.
    The Holy spec for Paladin has potential to be a ranged caster dps, and the first one wearing Plate too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Beastmaster Hunter would be melee, and merging with your pet or transforming into a beast-like creature would be a huge part of the spec.
    They should let us dual-wield axes, like Rexxar.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    A fire spec for DKs. Let Bolvar breathe some life-death onto the DK fantasy, excuse the pun.

Could be called Smolder, to better differentiate from mages. Also sounds more fitting. Bolvar is smoldering, afterall.

Would be great if it could be a hybrid spec, just like how all DK specs used to be. Let it build into being a tank or dps, depending on gear. And for the love of God, take 1h weps from frost and give them (and shields if they choose to tank) to smolder DKs.

...or just turn it into a spec reskin. Howling blast turns into smoldering blast, obliterate gets a fiery effect, frost strike turns into fire strike, etc. Pls Blizz.
    Especially, when there's fire all around the Maw:

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Stealth Archer
    Theme: Green Arrow

- stealth, not just scuffed stealth "Camouflage".
    - no pets
    - equally capable at ranged as well as melee combat
    The Ranger:
    “I am an elf, and a ranger! I can disappear into the trees! No one can find me!”
    — Alleria Windrunner to Turalyon during the Second War.

They use melee weapons, like swords and daggers, as well as bows.

This, could, potentially contain within it the Dark Ranger, the Priestess of the Moon and, maybe, even the Sea Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    It sounds more like a WC3 Beast Master (I don't know why they didn't make WoW's counterpart like that), or the WC3 Troll Berserker.

What they would have done is a new class "Barbarian", with 3 specs:
    - Berserker: the Berserker Warrior spec renamed Barbarian, and a few changes to find common ground with the other 2 specs.
    - Beast Master: the Beast Master hunter spec, but using two 1h or throwing weapons like Rexxar.
    - Headhunter: a mix of Zul'jin from HotS, WC3 Troll Berserker and Cassia from Diablo2/HotS.
    The Warrior Fury spec already is a Berserker/Barbarian:

"A furious berserker unleashing a flurry of attacks to carve opponents to pieces."

Barbarian PvP Talent
    Requires Warrior (Fury)
    Requires level 33
    For 3 sec after casting Heroic Leap, you may cast the spell a second time without regard for its cooldown.

Increases the damage done by your Heroic Leap by 200%.

You need to distinguish between the Warrior Berserker and the Troll Berserker:

"Berserkers are fury warriors who throws themselves into battle with little regard for self-preservation." (enraged melee warriors)

"Troll berserkers are members of bloodthirsty sects presents in the various troll tribes, with axe or spear-throwing hunters becoming known as berserkers through a combination of learning how to channel their rage and alchemical means." (missile-throwing trolls)

Therefore, the Beastmastery Hunter should be based on the Beastmaster hero unit (Rexxar), while Survival Hunter should be based on the Troll Headhunter/Berserker units (Zul'jin), and the Fury Warrior should keep its Berserker/Barbarian theme (Mountain King - Muradin Bronzebeard).

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Stop it... lol

He has like a dozen names, not just the name given in hots.
    The name Samuro was given as far back as Warcraft 3. the HotS character is based on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    That would be the Sea Witch:
    "Hydromancy uses mainly water, frost, lightning as basis of spells."

"Sea witches, also known as tide priestesses, are naga casters of frost and lightning spells."

Example abilities:
    Forked Lightning
    Calls forth a cone of lightning to damage enemies.
    Hits a maximum of 3 units.

Frost Arrows (Autocast)
    Adds a cold effect to each attack, slowing a target enemy unit's attacks and movement.

Mana Shield
    Creates a shield that absorbs damage by using the Sea Witch's mana.
    Blocks 100% of incoming damage.

Tornado (Ultimate)
    Summons a fierce controllable Tornado that slows enemy units' movement speed, randomly tosses enemy ground units into the air and damages enemy buildings.
    The Tornado does 50 damage per second to buildings under it, and 7 damage per second to buildings in its general vicinity.

Would be perfect as a specialization within some kind of a Ranger class.

As for the Melee Mages people has been asking - Kael'thas had wielded Felo'melorn in the past, as a Mage, and used it in combat against Arthas and Frostmourne.

Archmages have been depicted to use magical swords:

They just need to give mages some melee abilities.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-12-15 at 11:26 AM.

Things people are suggesting: Ranged specs.

Ranged specs Blizzard have added to the game since launch: Minus 1.

A very niche choice perhaps, but the warrior healer. Some kind of commander / standard bearer / inspire type of healer that fights with a sword in one hand and with a banner in the other. Mix it with shouts to explain "magic" use and I'd roll it in a heart beat. Still, while my biggest Warcraft dream I realize it would ruin the class for many, so I accept that it is impossible.

More like a talent or feature rather than a spec

For druids to be able to "channel" the energy of their forms instead of having to shapeshift. So you can play bear/cat using your character model and you would just be empowered by the forms. With toys you can currently keep a humanoid model while in bear/cat form and the result seems rather cool.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    They should let us dual-wield axes, like Rexxar.
    That's exactly what I had in mind. Imagine how awesome that would be!

Tinker!

Its always been a class thats brought up and for good reason since the steampunk asthetic really jives in the wow universe setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    That's exactly what I had in mind. Imagine how awesome that would be!
    It was. until they removed it in Mists of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    A very niche choice perhaps, but the warrior healer. Some kind of commander / standard bearer / inspire type of healer that fights with a sword in one hand and with a banner in the other. Mix it with shouts to explain "magic" use and I'd roll it in a heart beat. Still, while my biggest Warcraft dream I realize it would ruin the class for many, so I accept that it is impossible.
    I think this would be an awesome Support spec. If the Support role still existed...