Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Don't use warmode if you don't wanna get ganked. It's about as simple as that.

OP is no better though, thinking other people care about stuff like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Quote Originally Posted by sinrunner View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    I already addressed it in the OP. I've said several times, the character was only used for whispering me. Jesus, look at the name. Can't you tell?
    hey i can still advice you... do whatever you want

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    This is just sad and a shame to act like it's fun or fair pvp. Punishing players that die even further like older RPGs did, I find it odd they want to try and bring that back. It is so out of touch imo.
    You switch on warmode knowing EXACTLY what you're signing up for and what can happen, so any world PVP is "fair", even a marauding raid group annihilating you.

It's not a "Extra resources for nothing" mode. It's warmode, and you should expect to die with it on. Wtf is this entitlement where people think they should get the extra resources but nobody can attack them?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post

You obviously do.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post

This is a page 10 discussion most likely going 20+, pretty damn sure that's a topic a lot of people care or are curious about.

what's the point of this thread???? you had a bad experience with a stranger on the internet? more news at 12..... hopefully it's not every player that feel the need to make a thread about it, or we'll see a new "bad internet experience" thread every second on this forum.

I don't even know that I did, we were 5 guys, maybe the other guys killed him. And I also healed for most of the time.

Why am I not allowed to kill a guy multiple times when I have a quest that requires me to kill 25 people? Should I look for 25 individual people? Should I make a list with names and keep track of the ones I killed? Should I inform other players around me that they shouldn't kill him either, otherwise it might frustrate him?

I mean how do you think this works? This is an MMO with many people online playing at the same time in a small zone and all of them have warmode on and some of them actually want to PvP.
    Don't ask me.
    RPers get banned for that because it's griefing.
    I see no difference between these 2 things.
    openworld PvP is dumb anyway because of this.
    Adding "Quests" that can be "abused" for that shit is even worse.

As if anyone sees that gankfest as proper "pvp" and not just for what it is: A minority/weaker party getting bullied over and over.
    It's basically preventing the losing party from playing in that zone for the next 20-30 minutes. And if they decide to disable warmode, that just means the winning side will win even more and everything gets even more frustrating for the losing side and the winning side needs longer to complete the quest which means that zone will be unavailable in warmode for the next hour for the losing side
    A horrible system.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-12-07 at 10:47 AM.

Actually, reading the screenshots, you are the one coming across as an a-hole in this conversion to be honest.
    Yes in principle you are right, its open pvp and it's on blizzard to try to bribe people to activate this shitshow but still, you acted very poorly imo.

"Dear diary,

Today I was an a-hole to someone in game and him being frustrated made me feel like I am in a position of power and thus I went to make an account on MMO-C to name and shame him."

But hey, whatever makes you feel better I guess.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is a quest that gives 500 anima.
    Just because Blizzard added a quest that enables assholes - doesn't change anything. You chose to take it, you chose to go to the Maw, no one forced you.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    You did well and he will most likely get an infraction, so you beat this little loser twice.
    I have a good friend that is very good at world pvp and he likes to camp people in to the ground. He selects a target and makes its live miserable.
    The rational ones just turn War-mode off, but the entitled ones, just like your "friend", make alts and whisper him. And if he is lucky they whisper him shit like your "friend".
    He then reports it to Blizzard and gets the big win - he gets them banned

Just remember to answer people like him with the utmost politness and put them on ignore when they start to harass you, like your "friend":
    Firstly, it makes them even more mad so you get more material to get them banned
    Leaving aside the fact that doing this is ok by the game rules, I do think your friend has issues. He genuinely sounds like a sociopath who enjoy making others miserable. He does not seem to do it for the rewards, but rather to get off on their target's reaction. It's a game but no normal person would do this, normal people don't enjoy harassing people THIS much.

hahahahah what has the world of warcraft come to

when did players become like this lol?

op ur not wrong, but the people here replying at u complaining, fking lol what a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Just because Blizzard added a quest that enables assholes - doesn't change anything. You chose to take it, you chose to go to the Maw, no one forced you.
    And they chose to allow themselves to be killed for meager bonus. No one forced them. They deserve it, especialy after wishing someone terminal sickness.

This is a wholesome world PvP thread.

no warmode isn't for PvP it's for getting more resources
    KEKW

The guy had it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    This is a wholesome world PvP thread.

KEKW

The guy had it coming.
    Let's be real warmode without bonuses would be completely dead. No one wants to "wpvp", they want the bonuses. So he's not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Yes, but he WANTED to go to the Maw and open world PvP.

There is a difference between going to a place to do the content you want to do, and going to a place and demanding other people don't do said content because you don't like it, but will get a slightly larger unrelated reward if you do it where people CAN do said content. You can't tell people not to engage in content because it might slow you down, especially not encouraged content.

If you want to just play in the Maw, turn off Warmode. You can do everything you want with no risk of PvP combat. The slightly higher reward from Warmode is offset entirely by being completely unable to do quests if you're on the losing side.

If you want to have the chance to play in open world PvP while in the Maw, turn on Warmode. There are quests which help facilitate this to ensure it happens occasionally for those who want to do it.

If you are only in Warmode for the slightly-higher rewards, you're going to be quickly offset by one gank group that destroys any bonus reward you got. Warmode isn't for higher rewards - It's for people who want a risk of PvP while they quest. The bonus is to potentially offset the loss of engaging in WPvP, which they're never going to get exactly right.
    It does not give him the "right" to gloat about the reaction of one of the people he pvped. It does not make him look like better than him.

ignore him and move on lol. you guys both are whiners

its blizzards fault for tieing rewards to warmode

and people think warmode is a good feature

they implemented a problem to solve another problem

its difficult, i got to admit, for blizzard, but a problem is still a problem at the end of the day, the fact is warmode is not good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    If anything you could do in this game is allowed, griefing wouldn't exist. Yet it does. Strange right.
    Yet getting killed repeatedly in War Mode isnt griefing, which many don't seem to understand.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

as went the saying on classic:
    pvp happened on a pvp server

except, in this case he totally can escape it at any moment he likes. if we let people like that have any say, they'll claim next that they don't want to be attacked in a bg they queued for. and before some snowflake says anything: i'm running wm off exactly because i cba dealing with that. people just need to grow the eff up and realize that they can't have their cake and eat it