Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Of course they were. What did you expect them to do? Line up one by one so you can finish your quest?

    You were camping a bottleneck because it made things easy for you. At least own up to it.
    We weren't camping them there, we just killed whatever we could find, and everything we found fled to Ve'nari.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    There is a simple solution for him, turn off war mode. Also a simple solution for you OP, put him on ignore instead of listening to his banter.
    He is a griefer tho, and enjoyed it. He had the fun of his life. Not the moment he griefed others, because quite sure that's not his first rodeo, but as soon as someone mad responded to him. It's like a troll on this forum trying to trigger people and looking for responses - he did the exact same.

  3. #103
    Yes, he got what he signed up for and his reaction to it was grossly overblown.

    That said if you're camping that just makes you an asshole and the game worse.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    There is a simple solution for him, turn off war mode. Also a simple solution for you OP, put him on ignore instead of listening to his banter.
    But I found it amusing. It's his mental state I fear for, because people like him leave the house and possibly have access to weapons and heavy vehicles.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Sure it's there fault for playing the game alone and getting ganked by 5 people.
    But if I play alone I get ganked by 5 people. If I complain, you know what people say? Get a group.

    Well, I got myself a group.

  5. #105
    Immortal Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    7,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Ofcourse, I would too if 5 people ganged up on me. My point is, dont fight people there, it's not fair or pvp or basically anything, it's like hitting critters.

    Go out in the zone, kill people randomly and they will actually be able to not get ganked again as they can flee if the dont wanna pvp more (i.e. res elsewhere and head in another direction). I am a firm believer of as fair wpvp as possible, it's OK to kill a dude once (or more if they come back for it) but if not, you got your "ear", move on to next target. This is what makes more people wanna pvp and have fun doing it, if you getting ganked by the GY or safezone, it's ZERO fun and eventually these people will turn warmode off permanently and we'll be stuck with noone playing pvp, at all!
    To be fair, they were at the literal entrance of the zone... If the people getting ganked were in the slightest bit smart they would have gotten their own group, or several, and gone out and stomped the people camping the chokepoint... It would have been extrordinarily easy for them to just grab every new player that dropped out of the sky into a raid group and walked out to stomp and camp the gankers when they had more people.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Ofcourse, I would too if 5 people ganged up on me. My point is, dont fight people there,
    How are we supposed to not fight them there, if that's were most of them hang out and where they all flee to?

    And besides, if we go deeper into the zone, what should we do then? Kill people doing quests? Then people will complain, hey why do you kill me, I just wanna do my quest.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    He is a griefer tho, and enjoyed it.
    I'm not a griefer, and I did enjoy killing them and getting my quest done. That's the point of the game. To enjoy it. Jesus you complain about the game and people say "oh if you don't enjoy the game why are you here". Then you find something you enjoy that Blizzard wants you to do and facilitates, and you're a bad person.

    Go figure.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by sinrunner View Post
    uh tough shit?

    warmode is for pvp

    use warmode for resources, get killed, turn it off, and be done with it

    you learned a lesson
    Yeah, you completely missed my point, which boils down to: "What if there is War but nobody goes".

    There is also no lesson to learn. Unless you mean "People will always choose the easiest way to reach their goals, no matter if that ruins others experience."

    Also, you are not PvPing. You are killing off solo-players to finish a quest without any risk. That's about as much PvP as going into Hellfire Citadel with a Lvl 60 is PvE.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    Agreed. Forcing PvE players into PvP and forcing PvP players into PvE is just garbage game design.
    No ones forcing you to do it....

    You're making a conscious choice to turn on WM knowing full well it could result in your death and the loss of Stygia.

    I don't do anything in the game i'm not willing to do. I would never play this game with WM on for the bonuses. Since the game isn't balanced for 1v1 world pvp will never be balanced.
    I'm a thread killer.

  9. #109
    Dreadlord Miseration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Soy de Arizona
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    To be fair, it WAS a bit of a cunt move to get a group to farm people trying to tolerate Maw as is. Turn Warmode on solo, come back in a couple weeks, we'll see how you sing =)
    ally does this on firetree all the time. i literally just hearth out instead of dare to make it to the waystone

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Go out in the zone, kill people randomly and they will actually be able to not get ganked again as they can flee if the dont wanna pvp more
    But that makes no sense. When they're in the middle of the zone, they can't just flee to Ve'nari. Because they're in the middle of the zone. The people who were hiding at Ve'nari were the ones that could actually run away. Cause that's what they did. And they could've easily turned warmode off there cause it's a resting area.

    Sorry you have no argument.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Gear, with PvP stats.
    Vanilla had no resilience as far as I'm aware and I also have no fond memories of resilience, because without it you were just shit. So you had tons of people without resilience coming into your BGs, and trying to get gear with resilience, ruining your BGs cause they had no resilience yet.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    it's ZERO fun and eventually these people will turn warmode off permanently and we'll be stuck with noone playing pvp, at all!
    But they're Horde and outnumber us. So if some of them quit, that makes the numbers even again and solves the problem.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Yes, he got what he signed up for and his reaction to it was grossly overblown.

    That said if you're camping that just makes you an asshole and the game worse.
    We didn't camp. We went back and forth a bit. If someone went past us, we chased them down.

    We just needed to kill 25 people, so the best way to do that is to go where the people are.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    To be fair, they were at the literal entrance of the zone... If the people getting ganked were in the slightest bit smart they would have gotten their own group, or several, and gone out and stomped the people camping the chokepoint... It would have been extrordinarily easy for them to just grab every new player that dropped out of the sky into a raid group and walked out to stomp and camp the gankers when they had more people.
    Exactly. And that's exactly what they didn't do. One of the guys in the group even commented that. He said why don't they just group up? Why do they all charge solo and get slaughtered?

  11. #111
    Immortal Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    7,457
    Quote Originally Posted by sinrunner View Post
    Vanilla had no resilience as far as I'm aware
    Not sure how that's relevant, but correct, it didn't.

    and I also have no fond memories of resilience, because without it you were just shit. So you had tons of people without resilience coming into your BGs, and trying to get gear with resilience, ruining your BGs cause they had no resilience yet.
    So, exactly no different than people without appropriate gear going into BGs right now trying to gear up through honor being shit because they don't have gear... This happens in classic right now someone hits 60, goes into a BG, gets shit all over by people in tier gear and PvP blue/purp set gear.

    Nothing has changed on that front, except the removal of the PvP stats... The players in shit gear have still always been there, you just may not have noticed them for the past 4 years because of templates (Legion) and scaling (BFA)... Both of those are gone now, as soon as people start getting raid/conquest geared every BG will have low geared people dragging down teams, this will never go away, with or without PvP stats it will always be there.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Yeah, you completely missed my point, which boils down to: "What if there is War but nobody goes".
    What if there's a game and nobody plays.

    Are you suggesting people should just use warmode but not actually fight?

    Problem is people wanna fight. And that's the point of warmode. This isn't a free resource grab, it comes with the dangers of PvP.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Also, you are not PvPing. You are killing off solo-players to finish a quest without any risk. That's about as much PvP as going into Hellfire Citadel with a Lvl 60 is PvE.
    And what would PvP then look like? Going around solo and being the one that gets killed by groups? So the only way to do PvP is to fail?

    How is there no risk for us? We are all attackable. Not our fault if all of the players run away instead of grouping up and fighting back.

    One of our guys even ended up dying. It's not like they were defenseless.

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by sinrunner View Post
    How are we supposed to not fight them there, if that's were most of them hang out and where they all flee to?

    And besides, if we go deeper into the zone, what should we do then? Kill people doing quests? Then people will complain, hey why do you kill me, I just wanna do my quest.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'm not a griefer, and I did enjoy killing them and getting my quest done. That's the point of the game. To enjoy it. Jesus you complain about the game and people say "oh if you don't enjoy the game why are you here". Then you find something you enjoy that Blizzard wants you to do and facilitates, and you're a bad person.

    Go figure.
    You seem triggered when someone calls you out for what you are. Just face it and instead of trying to find excuses, become better.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    That's about as much PvP as going into Hellfire Citadel with a Lvl 60 is PvE.
    That would be PvE. Soloing old raids is still PvE. PvE just means player vs. environment.

    You're not very good at making good arguments.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by sinrunner View Post
    But if I play alone I get ganked by 5 people. If I complain, you know what people say? Get a group.

    Well, I got myself a group.
    So two wrongs make a right i guess? Whatever helps you sleep at night dude.

  16. #116
    I don't understand why anyone would whisper someone who ganked them. All you are doing is letting them know they've successfully gotten under your skin.

  17. #117
    Press Ignore and move on. You should do this as soon as someone you just killed comes and whispers you, there's nothing good that can come out of that coversation.
    And just because he wishes you cancer doesn't mean he gave it to you.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    N
    So, exactly no different than people without appropriate gear going into BGs right now
    No, because they can get that gear through PvE. They enter BGs already having gear that is worth something, instead of having gear that is worthless cause it has no resilience. Sorry but if you play an MMO and just wanna do PvP without having to do any PvE, that is impossible and you are playing the wrong game.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    To be fair, it WAS a bit of a cunt move to get a group to farm people trying to tolerate Maw as is. Turn Warmode on solo, come back in a couple weeks, we'll see how you sing =)
    To be fair... no, it was a totally standard move. Again, if you don’t want to be ganked, turn off WM. I have turned it off since alliance bonus was introduced and I’m living happily as ever since then.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You seem triggered when someone calls you out for what you are. Just face it and instead of trying to find excuses, become better.
    I'm not a griefer just because I did a quest. If I was a griefer I wouldn't have left after 15 minutes when the quest was completed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •