Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Killed a guy in the Maw and he wished me cancer

I just wanted to do the "kill 25 people" quest for the 500 Anima, so I turned warmode on for that, and turned it off when I was done. I looked in the groupfinder and since most groups were for the Maw, I went there, opened up a group, invited 4 guys, and we went looking for Horde. Since many guys ran away to Ve'nari, we ended up following them there to the edge where they became unattackable, then stood there between the portal and Ve'nari's safe area. Sometimes a Horde player would come closer, become attackable and we'd deathgrip him to us and kill him. I left the group immediately after completing the quest, went to Oribos, turned the quest in and turned warmode off.

All of a sudden a guy whispers me.

Telling me I was a bastard and a bad person for killing him, and that he hopes I get cancer and my parents have to watch me die. I have screenshots, but it's all german. So I've typed some of the highlights of what he said. He came across as completely deranged.

what went wrong in your life that you have nothing better to do? did your father touch you or something
    people are farming hard here for stygia and you just kill all of us
    I helped 3 ally players today and didn't attack them
    no warmode isn't for PvP it's for getting more resources
    you monster
    you're asocial
    you need parents that love you
    you're an ass and a monster, just get cancer and die
    and I hope your parents too
    and you witness it
    such a monster you bastard
    killing innocents
    my stygia is gone
    I have 123 stygia left!!!!
    every time you kill me I lose half my stygia
    ITS GONE
    ITS GONE
    THANK YOU
    you're an ass and a monster
    I already reported it, but I thought it was too funny to not share. Hope this guy gets help.

I mean I don't get it. He had warmode on, so fair game right? I mean if he really wanted to farm stygia, then doing it with warmode on isn't the smartest thing. Like, he told me he only had warmode on for the resource bonus and that that's what warmode is for and that it's not meant for PvP and that he helps people all the time and that I'm not supposed to attack him in the maw, because he can lose all his stygia. But if you lose your stygia when you get killed, then that is a bigger loss than the bonus gives you, so it's better to play without.

I mean I literally only wanted to do the quest and I wanted to do it in the most efficient way possible. I only turned warmode on for that one quest. How else am I supposed to do that quest?

edit: here is conversation, but it's german so good luck

I won't hide the guy's name cause he probably already deleted the character and I don't protect people that wish cancer on others.

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-12-07 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Naming and Shaming

Ggwp/10char
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Translating a "bad" encounter on the internet to blog as one of your first posts in a new community is however completely normal, thumbs up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have retorted with "Don't worry I only need to kill you 24 more times for my quest"
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2020-12-07 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was für ein Hundling!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

People turn warmode on for the extra rewards. Almost nobody actually wants to pvp. You get the exact same kind of whining and insults when you kill people in the pvp world quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Translating a "bad" encounter on the internet to blog as one of your first posts in a new community is however completely normal, thumbs up.
    I thought it was funny and I thought it was weird people complain about getting killed with warmode on when you can just turn warmode off. I told him to just turn it off but he told me warmode is for getting more resources and that I'm a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by sinrunner View Post

Telling me I was a bastard and a bad person for killing him, and that he hopes I get cancer and my parents have to watch me die. I have screenshots, but it's all german. So I've typed some of the highlights of what he said. He came across as completely deranged.

I already reported it, but I thought it was too funny to not share. Hope this guy gets help.

I mean I don't get it. He had warmode on, so fair game right? I mean if he really wanted to farm stygia, then doing it with warmode on isn't the smartest thing. Like, he told me he only had warmode on for the resource bonus and that that's what warmode is for and that it's not meant for PvP and that he helps people all the time and that I'm not supposed to attack him in the maw, because he can lose all his stygia.

I mean I literally only wanted to do the quest and I wanted to do it in the most efficient way possible. I only turned warmode on for that one quest. How else am I supposed to do that quest?
    You did well and he will most likely get an infraction, so you beat this little loser twice.
    I have a good friend that is very good at world pvp and he likes to camp people in to the ground. He selects a target and makes its live miserable.
    The rational ones just turn War-mode off, but the entitled ones, just like your "friend", make alts and whisper him. And if he is lucky they whisper him shit like your "friend".
    He then reports it to Blizzard and gets the big win - he gets them banned

Just remember to answer people like him with the utmost politness and put them on ignore when they start to harass you, like your "friend":
    Firstly, it makes them even more mad so you get more material to get them banned
    Secondly, it shows to Blizzard that you are the victim.

You can always quote them a passage from Blizzard's pvp-policy, for example:

"If you do not wish to engage in open world PvP combat in World of Warcraft, disable War Mode."
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/10184

Best of luck with getting more losers banned!

10+ Year Old Account
    What quest is this that you're getting, and where from? I've only gotten two PvP quests so far this expansion (aside from the WQs that have PvP options to complete), one required 1500 honor earned in random battlegrounds and the other required I earn 1500 honor in epic battlegrounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

If all of this actually happened, and you reported it and took the time to write all this out... chances are you would of also taken a screenshot of it? So considering there's no screenshot and it's just you typing stuff out and your account is a day old i'll just assume you either A) Literally decided to suddenly make an MMoC account cause someone told you to get cancer, or B) it's garbage and you live a sad life where you need to seek out attention by making up non sense

0/10 troll, P.S the correct answer is B

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    You did well and he will most likely get an infraction, so you beat this little loser twice.
    I have a good friend that is very good at world pvp and he likes to camp people in to the ground. He selects a target and makes its live miserable.
    The rational ones just turn War-mode off, but the entitled ones, just like your "friend", make alts and whisper him. And if he is lucky they whisper him shit like your "friend".
    He then reports it to Blizzard and gets the big win - he gets them banned

Just remember to answer people like him with the utmost politness and put them on ignore when they start to harass you, like your "friend":
    Firstly, it makes them even more mad so you get more material to get them banned
    Secondly, it shows to Blizzard that you are the victim.

You can always quote them a passage from Blizzard's pvp-policy, for example:

"If you do not wish to engage in open world PvP combat in World of Warcraft, disable War Mode."

Best of luck with getting more losers banned!
    Yeah that's what I did.

I just wrote things like

"I just wanted to do the quest"

"Why didn't you just turn warmode off"

and

"well if you lose stygia when you die, it's probably better to turn warmode off, isn't it"

I never felt the need to insult the guy the same way he did me, I was just shocked by his rage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    If all of this actually happened, and you reported it and took the time to write all this out... chances are you would of also taken a screenshot of it?
    I have but it's all in german, like I said. Can maybe post later, but too lazy to erase his name.

I mean do you really doubt this happened?

A guy once had his addon whisper me if I needed my löot or if he could have, and I didn't answer, so he replied "I asked you something you whoreson"

To be fair, it WAS a bit of a cunt move to get a group to farm people trying to tolerate Maw as is. Turn Warmode on solo, come back in a couple weeks, we'll see how you sing =)

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    To be fair, it WAS a bit of a cunt move to get a group to farm people trying to tolerate Maw as is. Turn Warmode on solo, come back to me in a couple weeks, we'll see how you sing =)
    Why? I'm not allowed to get a group to PvP? Am I supposed to face several Horde players alone?

That's exactly why Alliance don't turn on warmode.

I didn't say you aren't allowed. What I said was
    it WAS a bit of a cunt move

10+ Year Old Account
    Pee Vee Pee that he could have opted out of easily happened. I mean its not even like you need to go back to Org/SW Anymore. just duck into the Rested area (2 feet away) and push the button.

Kids these days
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Met a similar guy after killing a rare in front of him at Tanaan reputation. I found it actually funny though and not cope funny, so didn't report. Just laughed at him and egged him more, was fun imagining him being that mad to keep posting for maybe 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    I didn't say you aren't allowed. What I said was
    That's really the same thing.

Why is it a cunt move to get a group for World PvP?

7+ Year Old Account
    You cost the guy a lot of time im guessing so not shocking he would be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by sinrunner View Post
    I just wanted to do the "kill 25 people" quest for the 500 Anima, so I turned warmode on for that, and turned it off when I was done. I looked in the groupfinder and since most groups were for the Maw, I went there, opened up a group, invited 4 guys, and we went looking for Horde. Since many guys ran away to Ve'nari, we ended up following them there to the edge where they became unattackable, then stood there between the portal and Ve'nari's safe area. Sometimes a Horde player would come closer, become attackable and we'd deathgrip him to us and kill him. I left the group immediately after completing the quest, went to Oribos, turned the quest in and turned warmode off.

And thus you see the deep fundamental flaw with tying PVE progress to PVP combat.

I've said this before about open world PVP and War Mode: Blizzard needs to scrap the entire concept and come up with a PURELY PVP focused method. Mixing PVE and PVP is a mistake. It will always be unless the entire game is built, from the ground up, to facilitate it.

Trying to coerce or incentivize PVE players into PVP by giving the PVE bonuses is a mistake. It generates hate like what you posted. It gets people into a PVP environment for all the wrong reasons. It divides the playerbase.

Literally everything about it is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Was für ein Hundling!
    Austrian-Approved! Braucht mal a gscheite Gnackwatschn der Gschropp.

Nice Blog-Post btw.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.