Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    stop standing like an asshat in the front of the safe area and kill everyone that wanna do something constructive
    But that's where they were all fleeing to when we attacked them.

I mean if everyone started to post these after their pvp struggles..

1. People get mad when things don't go their way in a game. And chances are like 0% to be able to reason objectively with them, so don't even try. Let them blow their steam off, ignore them, whatever. Don't waste time discussing. Tell them something like "you had WM on, so it's your own fault. If you don't want to die during questing/farming, turn WM off" and ignore anything else they say (there's also the ignore function to completely ignore players)
    2. Playing with WM on and just "expecting" the enemy faction to not attack you is delusional. So if you go into the Maw, you should turn WM off. Period. If you don't *and* expect not to lose any Stygia, you are mistaken
    3. Making a thread about this stuff is really not worth the time and effort, just like discussing with players like that

15+ Year Old Account
    Though I like when horde is killed, I think you are both victims of a flawed system. I had a thread once about people camping low level hubs like darkshire, so I'm not a fan.
    Maybe you shouldn't have farmed at this spot
    Yeah they need to change this systemm remove the xp bonus. It doesn't make sense.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sinrunner View Post
    But if I fight solo as Alliance I am outnumbered which means I am getting ganked.

So we make a group and the guys we're killing can also make a group and react.
    Sure they could but they didn't. So you have 4 other people just killed them one at a time over and over.

1. who says he can't fight back?
    Yeh, right. Because you have any chance of winning when you are alone against 5. At least own up to ganking when you do it and stop pretending there is any chance for your victims to miraculously win.

2. if he turns warmode off I can't kill him
    Indeed, which is exactly why you turn it off immediatedly after finishing your quest in a gank group, because you know that it feels shitty when people camp a bottleneck and prey on you.

I don't agree that going around in a group of 40 people and doing world PvP is scummy

turn warmode off or get your own raid group together

that is literally the point of warmode

to be able to do PvP and be able to opt out if you don't want to
    Oh it is pretty damn dirty. But yes, that is the point of World PvP. Ganking and being ganked. The system allows and encourages this behaviour. Doesn't make it any less of a cowardly tactic and doesn't change the fact that you cost people their time. You are in your right to do it anyway.

That being said.

Doing it in the Maw, where people loose hard farmed resources and can't quickly get back to where they died, is YOUR choice. The quest does not require it or ask for it. You are taking a system that is already made to infuriate people and scale it up 200%. That at some point someone looses their shit on you is quite normal. If you treat others like your personal loot pinatas then at some point you will feel an echo and since you wisely opt out of WPvP as soon as you do not have your gank group around, verbal attacks is all folks can do.

Also consider this: The only reason there are boni for opting into WPvP is because only very few people want to do WPvP. Some try it out, run into a gank group like yours, turn it off and never bother again, because even with the extra boni there is only so much annoyance people will put up with. If you prey on folks in the Maw this goes doubly.
    So yes, in short term you are getting your quest done, but long term, people will no longer care enough to push that button and you can sit around for hours trying to find someone that wants to be slaughtered by you.

We're not griefers. We literally only wanted to get the quest done. I left after having completed the quest. That is the opposite of griefing. And it is impossible to grief people since we have warmode, just turn it off. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    Quite sure you don't understand what griefing is. Griefing is actively trying to ruin other people's game experience. Quite sure that's exactly what you did. You writing a paragraph trying to find excuses for griefing does not make it not griefing.

"turn off WM lol"

if you don't like pvp, don't pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Sure they could but they didn't.
    Yeah so, their fault?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Yeh, right. Because you have any chance of winning when you are alone against 5.
    I said several times now, they weren't alone. They were about as many as we were, they just didn't organize into a group.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, which is exactly why you turn it off immediatedly after finishing your quest in a gank group, because you know that it feels shitty when people camp a bottleneck and prey on you.
    Yeah and I don't complain about being killed, because I just turn it off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Quite sure you don't understand what griefing is. Griefing is actively trying to ruin other people's game experience. Quite sure that's exactly what you did. You writing a paragraph trying to find excuses for griefing does not make it not griefing.
    PvP while in PvP mode happened.. It's not griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    PvP while in PvP mode happened.. It's not griefing.
    If anything you could do in this game is allowed, griefing wouldn't exist. Yet it does. Strange right.

Doing it in the Maw, where people loose hard farmed resources and can't quickly get back to where they died, is YOUR choice.
    It is, and I chose it because all of the groups in groupfinder were for the maw, so I figured it's the best zone for that. Small zone, lots of activity. And I was right.

the quest does not require it or ask for it. You are taking a system that is already made to infuriate people and scale it up 200%.
    no it doesn't, but the stygia makes it better

warmode is for two factions who are at war with each other

if we enjoy killing each other, why wouldn't we enjoy making sure the other faction loses their resources

I knew of the stygia mechanic, but so did the guy farming there, so he should've turned warmode off

That at some point someone looses their shit on you is quite normal.
    it is normal to wish cancer on a guy, cause he killed you with warmode on and you are too stupid to turn it off?

If you treat others like your personal loot pinatas
    loot pinata? I couldn't loot them. I didn't even get their stygia. Which I totally think should be a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Quite sure you don't understand what griefing is. Griefing is actively trying to ruin other people's game experience.
    Well by that logic, killing someone once is already ruining that guy's gaming experience, so all PvP is griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    People turn warmode on for the extra rewards. Almost nobody actually wants to pvp. You get the exact same kind of whining and insults when you kill people in the pvp world quests.
    I'm pretty sure at least 2/3 of the population on my server attacks you on sight in PvP world quests.

Also consider this: The only reason there are boni for opting into WPvP is because only very few people want to do WPvP. Some try it out, run into a gank group like yours, turn it off and never bother again, because even with the extra boni there is only so much annoyance people will put up with. If you prey on folks in the Maw this goes doubly.
    So yes, in short term you are getting your quest done, but long term, people will no longer care enough to push that button and you can sit around for hours trying to find someone that wants to be slaughtered by you.
    uh tough shit?

warmode is for pvp

use warmode for resources, get killed, turn it off, and be done with it

you learned a lesson

Of course they were. What did you expect them to do? Line up one by one so you can finish your quest?

You were camping a bottleneck because it made things easy for you. At least own up to it.

There is a simple solution for him, turn off war mode. Also a simple solution for you OP, put him on ignore instead of listening to his banter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah so, their fault?
    Sure it's there fault for playing the game alone and getting ganked by 5 people.

Ofcourse, I would too if 5 people ganged up on me. My point is, dont fight people there, it's not fair or pvp or basically anything, it's like hitting critters.

Go out in the zone, kill people randomly and they will actually be able to not get ganked again as they can flee if the dont wanna pvp more (i.e. res elsewhere and head in another direction). I am a firm believer of as fair wpvp as possible, it's OK to kill a dude once (or more if they come back for it) but if not, you got your "ear", move on to next target. This is what makes more people wanna pvp and have fun doing it, if you getting ganked by the GY or safezone, it's ZERO fun and eventually these people will turn warmode off permanently and we'll be stuck with noone playing pvp, at all!

10+ Year Old Account
    So what should be tied to it? Gear alone is PvE progress.
    Gear, with PvP stats.

PvP stats should never have been removed from the game, bring back PvP stats like resilience/PvP power and put that on PvP gear, make the rewards PvP focused, remove all PvE power gains from PvP and all PvP power gains from PvE.

Done, all is as it should have always been.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Not really the same thing. I'm ALLOWED to get a 40 man raid group to just sit and farm a quest bottleneck, but it's still not a nice thing to do. Getting a group, and camping a bottleneck is always pretty scummy.
    Killing players is not nice. War mode is not nice.

Wrong, it is nice. People wanted pvp - they got pvp. It's the nicest thing someone can do - provide content for someone who wanted that content.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english