Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sinrunner View Post
    I don't know, is the guy that gets told to get cancer and die the victim, or the guy that turns on warmode and goes all pikachuface.jpeg when people actually kill him the victim?
    You already admitted it. Stop backpedaling now. We want to keep progressing.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    So you didn't kill people that were running TO venari or that just spawned to the maw, thus not able to turn off warmode when they saw bunch of alliance basically spawncamping? Or that you let people you just killed (and they had honorless target debuff on them, thus not even progressing your quest) at least pick up their corpse to recover stygia before you killed them again? That's a good one.
    You even admitted to all I said when you got a pvp quest and found the most PVE way to complete it. Immediately formed a group, getting numbers advantage over your uncoordinated opposition and went to the one spot you knew for sure they were going to be... I'm not saying I wouldn't have done exactly the same thing (I mean, I did exactly that in BFA with the CTA quests - though I play with WM on all the time), but at least stop bullshitting yourself and accept that what you did has nothing to do with world pvp and is scummy. Doubly so, because there is a actual penalty for dying in the maw
    I said several times, we killed everyone we saw. Got in, killed everything that's red, left after 25 people killed. We didn't care where we killed them because why should we? There is no safe zone other than the ones where they can not be attacked, and in those we can't attack them. If you leave a safe zone with warmode on, you better be prepared for war.

Sorry if you guys wanna play with warmode on to take advantage of the bonus, but then not actually get attacked, doesn't work that way.

Well you know somewhen you get a shit like this from raged player. Welcome to toxic internet. Battle.Net community being toxic since Diablo II.
    Just report and go on. No reason to make the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You already admitted it. Stop backpedaling now. We want to keep progressing.
    You're making no sense. Just go away.

That's why it's utterly stupid for Blizzard to award PVE rewards for turning on war mode. You'll get loads of players who aren't actually there to PvP.

Give us conquest or something instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    You said you were running around ganking people with 5 people. That sounds to me like one guy can't really fight back. If he turns off warmode that does nothing because you already ganked him.
    Don't flip on War Mode to begin with and you'll never get ganked in the first place.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    If you don't want to be farmed in the Maw, turn off Warmode. You turn on Warmode, you're fair game. End of story.
    Imagine warmode would be about wpvp and not about bonuses. No one would EVER turn that shit on.

It is actually pretty annoying to farm people specificaly in the Maw, but:

1) You are not the only one. I see many groups doing it basically every day. Maw is possibly the best place, with many players concentrated on that place.

2) if you are doing it just 2 meters from sanctuary zone, that guy just could pop his defensives and rush to safe zone. It is not like killing him directly at a spot of dailies.

3) Stygia can be recollected from your dead body once you run to it. You lose no stygia if you do so.

4) It is just a game and to be honest, I don't find Stygia to be that important anyway. You grind it pretty fast... and there is still second week of an expansion. In few months, we will be overloaded with it, unless Blizz will implement some kind of stygia sink.

I agree with OP with the fact that once you have WM on, you need to expect fight. Extra resources are given to War Mode to off-set time lost on world pvp. I also realized people are extra salty when you kill them on PvP World Quests as well, which I don't understand at all.

I will never understand how people turn on WM for these tiny meaningless bonus resources like gold and anima. You get so much anima already, what do people do with it? I have over 5k in reserve right now and built everything I could build. The only resource I am limited by, are the souls you get weekly. And next reset I won't get to 8 souls because you only get 5 per week and you need 8 for the next covenant upgrade. And then I will be able to build one upgrade the week after for 5k but by the time I buy that I will most likely be at 10k+ and then I will need to wait another 2 weeks to build the next etc. (if soul income stays like this)

We will also have more Anima income because of M+ and Worldbosses soon, we will swim in this resource. Don't you guys remember how much war resources you had at the end of the expansion? Well here are my stats: Over 200k war resources, and I NEVER had WM on. It's pointless, it's a waste of time you get baited by more resources although you won't need them. The expansion will run for 2 years and you will drown in these things and have nothing to buy anymore. It's the hoarding mentality a lot of people have. People are unable to grasp how much they need, they just think more is better. But I am telling you to just remember past expansions with garrison/war resources. Blizzard gives you more than you need without WM already.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2020-12-07 at 09:37 AM.

That would be PvE. Soloing old raids is still PvE. PvE just means player vs. environment.

You're not very good at making good arguments.
    And you are not very good at dealing with people that disagree with you, I see.

What if there's a game and nobody plays.
    WPvP is barely a side-quest in the game. Remove it and the game at large will hardly care. And again, what you are doing is very different from what WPvP should be, you are just exploiting the system for easy rewards. And on top of that you are doing it in an area where it would cause more annoyance then anywhere else, simply because that makes it easy for you.

And what would PvP then look like? Going around solo and being the one that gets killed by groups? So the only way to do PvP is to fail?

How is there no risk for us? We are all attackable. Not our fault if all of the players run away instead of grouping up and fighting back.

One of our guys even ended up dying. It's not like they were defenseless.
    The idea is groups fighting each other, maybe even raid groups engaging in a large scale skirmish over areas, like it happened a few times in Naz'jatar when the Horde came to the Alliance base and we had to push them back, sometimes for hours. THAT was a fun activity.

But people learned quickly that it makes things much easier to group and go for solo players, so that is what they do. I do blame Blizzard for not preventing this, but the choice of actually doing it and where you do it, is yours and yours alone.

As for: "Why do people not group up and fight back?". Because they don't care to do it. They came to the Maw to do dailies and snatch that little bit of extra currency with the Bonus. They have no wish to fight you and waste their time with a pointless activity.

And again, a solo-player vs. 5 has a snowballs chance in hell. By the time they are no longer chain stunned, they are dead. That one of your guys died only illustrates that he is a terrible PvPer and can only ever hope to finish the quest because he joined a gank squad.

This tells you a lot about the tryhards in this game who think you HAVE to play with wm on for that shitty 10% bonus.
    If someone whispered me sht like this I'd just put him on ignore, add him and all his chars to my blacklist and kill him every time I see him.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I will never understand how people turn on WM for these tiny meaningless bonus resources like gold and anima.
    Maybe for buffed spells. Personally I use WM for that. I like instant Void Eruption

Quite sure you don't understand what griefing is. Griefing is actively trying to ruin other people's game experience. Quite sure that's exactly what you did. You writing a paragraph trying to find excuses for griefing does not make it not griefing.
    I know that you aren't alone in your opinion that actions made in PvP can be griefing.

But everyone here should know that Blizzard doesn't share your point of view. Nothing that happens in PvP will be considered griefing by Blizzard.
    Let us again turn to Blizzard's stance on pvp:

What does Blizzard say to players that have these common problems:
    "
    • A player is camping me
    • Keep being ganked and can't play the game at all
    • A player of the opposite faction is killing NPCs"

"
    The Game Master staff will not intervene in Player versus Player (PvP) disputes.

If you do not wish to engage in open world PvP combat in World of Warcraft, disable War Mode."

And Blizzard actually states its opinion on corpse camping when we see what Blizzard's policy is in Classic:

"If you chose to create your character on a PvP realm, Game Masters will not address situations where you are repeatedly killed by the opposite faction. This includes situations that may be considered dishonorable such as corpse camping or killing players well below your level."

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/10184

I am perfectly aware that many share your point of view, but anyone who turns on War Mode should be aware that anything goes in PvP and that Blizzard will not intervene.

So in short: You might feel that you are being griefed, but Blizzard does not share your point of view

And I will add again that I never turn on War Mode as I find it stupid.
    Last edited by T-34; 2020-12-07 at 09:49 AM. Reason: added text

I can't believe some people in this thread are giving OP hard time. OP was in their very right to do what they did, and there is absolutely nothing immoral or otherwise bad about it.
    WM is a choice, even more so than playing on a PvP realm used to be (where people managed to find arguments like "my friends played there", "I had to migrate there for my guild" etc which were still invalid but at least somewhat relatable and debatable).
    I find it great when people who turn WM on for free rewards and think there should be no downside/risk, get punished by being ganked, camped or similar. Maybe it will make them think twice before turning it on next time so it isn't just this brainless thing to enable and forget all about because "more goldz lol".

I just wanted to do the "kill 25 people" quest for the 500 Anima, so I turned warmode on for that, and turned it off when I was done. I looked in the groupfinder and since most groups were for the Maw, I went there, opened up a group, invited 4 guys, and we went looking for Horde.
    Real PVP hero there.
    The whispers cripple fight was fun though.

And your refusal to hide this guy's name could be considered as harassment too, so don't try to look as the righteous one there, you're pretty much on the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    I know that you aren't alone in your opinion that actions made in PvP can be griefing.

But everyone here should know that Blizzard doesn't share your point of view. Nothing that happens in PvP will be considered griefing by Blizzard.
    Let us again turn to Blizzard's stance on pvp:

What does Blizzard say to players that have these common problems:
    "
    • A player is camping me
    • Keep being ganked and can't play the game at all
    • A player of the opposite faction is killing NPCs"

"
    The Game Master staff will not intervene in Player versus Player (PvP) disputes.

If you do not wish to engage in open world PvP combat in World of Warcraft, disable War Mode."

And Blizzard actually states its opinion on corpse camping when we see what Blizzard's policy is in Classic:

"If you chose to create your character on a PvP realm, Game Masters will not address situations where you are repeatedly killed by the opposite faction. This includes situations that may be considered dishonorable such as corpse camping or killing players well below your level."

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/10184

I am perfectly aware that many share your point of view, but anyone who turns on War Mode should be aware that anything goes in PvP and that Blizzard will not intervene.

So in short: You might feel that you are being griefed, but Blizzard does not share your point of view

And I will add again that I never turn on War Mode as I find it stupid.
    A month ago a whole guild was banned for pvp actions. Not difficult to find cases where people griefed through pvp and actually were banned for it.

Quote Originally Posted by aino3 View Post
    Real PVP hero there.
    The whispers cripple fight was fun though.

And your refusal to hide this guy's name could be considered as harassment too, so don't try to look as the righteous one there, you're pretty much on the same level.
    It's a character he made just to whisper me, I'm sure he immediately deleted it. And even if he didn't, I don't care. It's not harassment to publish the actions of your harasser.

- - - Updated - - -

A month ago a whole guild was banned for pvp actions. Not difficult to find cases where people griefed through pvp and actually were banned for it.
    Didn't the GM only do it cause he was a fan of the streamer getting targeted?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    I would have retorted with "Don't worry I only need to kill you 24 more times for my quest"
    this is the perfect reply xD

Followed by an ignore.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Could you please be so kind to link me to where you got that information from?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    this is the perfect reply xD

Followed by an ignore.
    To be honest I wanted him to keep going to make sure he says something I can report.