Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Im a noob? Mate I have played since vanilla, hell I have a few top 100 world kills under my belt and I was ranked 2600 achieve nerd before shadowlands world and I have amassed over 50 million gold in wow...Its people like you that assume something without reading the OP...I specifically said Im playing spec's I had never played with before to try something new, cause even if leveling is better now, its still boring.
    Either you are the most ignorant "top 100 world kill raider" who ever graced this game if you weren't aware of the strengths of BM hunters or else you are full of shit.

Im a noob? Mate I have played since vanilla, hell I have a few top 100 world kills under my belt and I was ranked 2600 achieve nerd before shadowlands world and I have amassed over 50 million gold in wow...
    You're saying you're in the 99.98th percentile of players, yet have never played or even given thought to the most played spec in the game?

I'm guessing you're also a member of Delta Force, with 300 confirmed kills alone. Or was it Seal Team 6?

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Either you are the most ignorant "top 100 world kill raider" who ever graced this game if you weren't aware of the strengths of BM hunters or else you are full of shit.
    So you played all specs in wow? I stick to my druid, I rarely play alts. Not everyone likes to other classes. MM hunter was enough for me. Also you can google my friend if wowprogress still has back to cata...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

So you played all specs in wow? I stick to my druid, I rarely play alts. Not everyone likes to other classes. MM hunter was enough for me. Also you can google my friend if wowprogress still has back to cata...
    As a top 100 world raider you would know the strengths and weakness of most specs/classes you play with, it's pretty common sense

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    So your suggestion is a nerf?
    Is OP actually suggeting a nerf, though? Sounds to me like he's just complementing the spec, and it's good that people recognise the strength of BM in solo content instead of seeing the same vapid nonsense about how SV must be the best solo levelling spec due to the Harpoon reset.

He'll its even easy and fun enough rotation. Nothing to track or keep up with, just 4 buttons or so.
    Well, you have Frenzy and your cooldowns to track. Frenzy actually makes a big difference in AoE which is what you're doing all the time while levelling. Honestly it felt even less involved when I was going through on my Protection paladin. At least on my BM Hunter I needed to be mindful on huge pulls to make sure I max out my pet damage for the leech healing while keeping Mend Pet rolling. As a Prot Paladin it really does feel like I can randomly rush in and mash buttons until everything falls over.

Also did you even play BFA? BM hunters we're insane - Very little gear to dominate mythic+. Go search "BM hunter mythic+ guide" and see all the stupid BFA guides. Also paladin and BM hunter from what I know is the 2 most played classes in wow...Go figure.
    They were overpowered due to how they interacted with the borrowed power mechanics of that expansion. It actually took quite a bit of specific gear choices to dominate in M+.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Thats UNHOLY DK, you have a pet rez cooldown, if your pet dies, your DPS is gone for 30s. BM can spam pet rez, pet killing boss mechanic? pet rez, you failed to babysit your pet? pet rez.

There is no penealty as BM for playing bad as a pet class. You lose the least amount of DPS from every pet class even if you dont care about your pet. You also can just make a MACRO with the pet as condition and just REZ YOUR PET while PASSIVE spamming your DPS rotation. You will not even cast manually pet rez, it will get casted with a stupid macro. You can completly ignore your pet and if it dies, the auto-failback macro will take care of your pet.

BM hunter is faceroll with low gear since 16 years (VANILLA MARAUDON RUNS basicly flooded the game the very first time with endless gold from green geared BM hunters) and it got only easier over time.
    Is this a troll? If so, I guess I'm taking the bait.

BM gets an absolutely massive penalty for the pet dying. You lose something like 80% of your damage for as long as the pet is dead. Revive Pet is a 4 sec cast that costs 35 focus; you can't move while casting it and it can be interrupted. This alone is enough to essentially disqualify both BM and SV from rated PvP right now so evidently it is a pretty huge penalty.

This point about being able to macro your pet res is stupid. Of course you can do that. So what? You still have to do the same breakable 4 sec cast. How much of a skillcap do you really think it is to manually res the pet v.s. having a condition in a DPS macro?

What exactly do you think is a good "solution" to this "problem" of yours, anyway? I've truly never seen someone get worked up over the fact that Hunters can... resurrect their pets. Being able to cancel out 80% of a BM Hunter's damage so easily and prevent them from getting it back sure does seem like enough of a downside as it is. Most other classes do not have a weakness like that.

Finally, claiming BM has gotten easier since Vanilla is absurd. In Vanilla WoW all 3 Hunter specs did the same 2 button rotation. In BC it was even worse as BM would just weave Steady Shot and Auto Shot and there was a macro to do that for you. BM now is far more involved than it was back then. Sure, you can still do "decent" DPS if you don't really care and just push what lights up. The same is true for most classes, in fact. However, it's not like there's no skill cap and no opportunity to push for better performance. You have the Frenzy mechanic and two cooldowns, and proper management of those can make a big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Maybe it doesn’t allow bad players to solo world bosses but it still makes it possible for mediocre players to solo most rares in the Maw. Something a lot of other classes cannot do.

- - - Updated - - -

Well BM is pretty OP in solo content like the Maw and Torghast. So the thread is not completely pointless.
    A pet class excelling at solo content is a total non-issue. That's an inherent fact of being a pet class. Plus, there are far more powerful specs in Torghast including many that aren't pet classes.
    Last edited by Bepples; 2020-12-26 at 06:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an equally easy time on my Blood DK, Prot Pally, any DH spec, etc. BM is great for solo stuff but this thread is greatly exaggerating the matter.

This post should be sticked to the top of the main page so people can read the replies OP got for no reason and know what they're into when they're planning to use mmo-champ

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    A pet class excelling at solo content is a total non-issue. That's an inherent fact of being a pet class. Plus, there are far more powerful specs in Torghast including many that aren't pet classes.
    I don’t agree. BM is a mobile ranged dps spec with a built in tank. No dps spec comes close to it for solo content. It’s good that Blizzard have put some more emphasis on the need of healing the pet as well as increasing ress time. If Blizzard insist on making solo content more relevant then they need to balance classes survivability in solo content better. Doing Torghast on my Hunter is lightyears easier than on my Rogue. That’s a fact.

However I completely agree with your comment that Prot Pala and some other tanks are even more OP for some solo content.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-12-11 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I don’t agree. BM is a mobile ranged dps spec with a built in tank. No dps spec comes close to it for solo content. It’s good that Blizzard have put some more emphasis on the need of healing the pet as well as increasing ress time. If Blizzard insist on making solo content more relevant then they need to balance classes survivability in solo content better. Doing Torghast on my Hunter is lightyears easier than on my Rogue. That’s a fact.
    Of course you don't agree because who else in the world has such an intense grudge against BM that they would genuinely, sincerely take issue with a pet class being good at solo content?

Again, total non issue. As long as all classes can do the solo content there is no problem. Because, you know, it's solo content. The reason balance matters in raids is because you're talking about the validity of each spec taking a raid spot, and a huge imbalance in performance means people playing certain specs get left out. You can't get left out of solo content. I shouldn't have to explain such common sense concepts but evidently common sense eludes you.

P.S. You have a habit of dropping "That's a fact" all over your posts. As much as you think it does, it doesn't make them any more impactful or actually true.
    Last edited by Bepples; 2021-07-25 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You should tell that to the guy who made a thread about how useless and weak BM hunters are.
    LOL, indeed. It is funny that these 2 totally opposite topics are on the same page.

10+ Year Old Account
    In other news, honey is sticky. More as it develops.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjan View Post
    You're saying you're in the 99.98th percentile of players, yet have never played or even given thought to the most played spec in the game?

I'm guessing you're also a member of Delta Force, with 300 confirmed kills alone. Or was it Seal Team 6?
    Don't leave out his Canadian girlfriend!

Yep, BM is the best leveler by a mile. Also great solo and questing at max level, and fantastic QoL with full movement. Its damage is ranked like 21 out of 24 specs though, so it isn't remotely competitive in real content. That may not matter to you, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjan View Post

My thoughts exactly. He's clearly trained in gorilla warfare!

So I dont mean to come to your class forum being a dick, but o m g. Im leveling 10 allied races slowly through rested XP at the same time since pre-patch dropped, and Im trying out specs I have not played before. And holy jesus...BM hunter is so strong, so powerful, so fast a leveler its not even on the same level - Balance druid, arms warrior, sub rogue, tank/dps monk, arcane mage...etc etc. Trying all these specs on the other 10 alts.

I do the same quest routes as all the others (5 hord, 5 ally), so when I struggle / slow down on an elite quest or something, and then when its my BM hunters time, its like...Night and day. I destroy, murder and maim anything. All my alts are using BIS enchanted heirlooms.

I've always hated pets in wow, so usually my old hunter alt was MM, but trying out BM hunter now, especially with how insane they were in BFA, even changed my "I hate all pets in wow cause of its dumb AI that keeps you stuck in combat and pets pulls shit for you" mindset.

The insane thing with BM hunter is also that all its abilities are instant cast - If Cobra shot, or multishot at least had a cast time, it would be a bit less insane, but I can do 100% of my normal rotation and damage even while moving...Dont think any other classes in wow can do this.
    If BM Hunter is the best spec you've leveled as, you're not a great player. BMs strength, especially open world, is how easy it is to play.

BM isn't even the best Hunter spec to level as, assuming more than minimal skill.

This is why all of my allied races are bm hunters with spirit beasts. I have like 16 BM hunters + some on horde side. Stopped counting.
    They are disgusting and thats why I love love love them. On my balance druid I prowled through everything that wasn't necessary to kill and had struggles to kill stuff when my night fae ability thingie ended. On BM hunter? Into the meat grinder with everything.

Oh, on max level, I meet hunters without pets kiting buffier rares and whatnot (night fae amphitheater) around, getting smashed in the face, seeing the relief when I arrive on my shaman with my Earth ele (ok, sometimes I just watch them), and I'm like bro, you're hunter, why don't just pull your pet out for outdoor stuff...
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-12-25 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    This is why all of my allied races are bm hunters with spirit beasts. I have like 16 BM hunters + some on horde side. Stopped counting.
    They are disgusting and thats why I love love love them. On my balance druid I prowled through everything that wasn't necessary to kill and had struggles to kill stuff when my night fae ability thingie ended. On BM hunter? Into the meat grinder with everything.

Oh, on max level, I meet hunters without pets kiting buffier rares and whatnot (night fae amphitheater) around, getting smashed in the face, seeing the relief when I arrive on my shaman with my Earth ele (ok, sometimes I just watch them), and I'm like bro, you're hunter, why don't just pull your pet out for outdoor stuff...
    Probably just the fotm rerollers :P aimed shot go brrr

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    BM isn't even the best Hunter spec to level as, assuming more than minimal skill.
    It is absolutely the best Hunter spec for levelling. There's a reason every speed-levelling Hunter plays BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    It is the best spec. The pets 1 shot things all the way to level 30-40 and even after that it's a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    It is the best spec. The pets 1 shot things all the way to level 30-40 and even after that it's a breeze.
    The primary reason BM is the best is its ability to handle mass amounts of mobs at a time. Its strength in fact becomes more pronounced beyond level 30. Before level 30 I can actually imagine SV being faster, but once you get to the levelling content where specs are more fleshed out and the content itself takes longer and hits harder then BM pulls far, far ahead. Ferocity pets heal when they do damage, BM does most of its damage (especially in AoE situations) via its pet, therefore BM pets have huge passive healing that keeps them alive on giant pulls that would just wipe out SV and MM. Simple as that. This is not even considering PvP talents, where BM has the tactical nuke that is Dire Beast: Hawk (just stupid amounts of uncapped AoE on a short cooldown) while MM and SV are stuck with PvP talents that pretty much universally suck for levelling.
    Last edited by Bepples; 2020-12-26 at 06:46 AM.