Shadowlands Season 1 Survival Guide, Week 1 Item Level Cap

Shadowlands Season 1 Survival Guide
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Shadowlands Season 1 is now live and includes an all-new affix—Prideful—for Mythic Keystone Dungeons, powerful Conquest PvP gear, the new Castle Nathria raid, and more.

Castle Nathria

Located in the gothic heart of Revendreth, Castle Nathria is a 10-boss raid that takes you deep into the monolithic lair of Sire Denathrius. There, you’ll face off against unfathomable terrors as you race to uncover a sinister plot and fight to save the Shadowlands from a dark and twisted future. Inside, you will need to outmaneuver a bloodthirsty beast, save a wronged soul from a sinister fate, dance off against cavalier courtiers, and shatter the stone-skinned armies of Revendreth before serving justice to a power-hungry traitor.

Read about the bosses, rewards, and release schedule in our comprehensive Castle Nathria Raid Preview.

Mythic Keystone Dungeons Season 1

The new Mythic Keystone dungeon season is now available with opportunities for new rewards and the first seasonal affix for Shadowlands: Prideful. When this affix is active, your own ego may prove to be your downfall. As you defeat non-boss enemies, your vanity will eventually form a Manifestation of Pride. Defeating this Manifestation greatly empowers the party with Prideful, a buff that increases your damage, mana regeneration, and movement speed for one minute. You’ll want to prioritize your pulls to make the most of your Prideful buff so you can take on challenging enemies more easily.

Check out the Mythic Keystone Dungeon Leaderboards to see who’s staying on top of the clock.

PvP Season 1

Participating in PvP activities will reward you with Honor and Conquest currencies to purchase battle-ready, epic-quality gear from a PvP vendor within The Enclave in Oribos. You can also use Honor to upgrade your PvP gear to higher ranks and become even more formidable. Participants can earn a host of new rewards, including the Vicious War Spider and—for the highest rated players—the Sinful Gladiator’s Soul Eater mounts.

Keep an eye on the Player vs. Player Leaderboards during the season to follow who’s making waves at the top 5.

Reward Updates

Completing Season 1 activities will allow you to select a reward from the Great Vault. You can unlock up to nine different options for your weekly reward by completing objectives from Raids, Mythic Dungeons, and PvP. Be sure to visit the Great Vault in the Hall of Holding located inside Oribos to select your weekly reward and view the week’s objectives.

For PvP players, the weekly Conquest cap will start at 550 and increase by 550 per week.

Week 1 Item Level Cap
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Mythic Keystone dungeons and ranked PvP are opening with the beginning of Season 1 tomorrow, and there are a few aspects of the first week of the Season to highlight.

During this first week of Mythic Keystone dungeons, there is a cap on the increase of item level of end-of-run loot. That loot will stop increasing at Mythic Keystone +10 for this first week, which is item level 203. However, the Great Vault will be uncapped the following week, and loot from the Great Vault (on December 15 in this region) will reflect successful completions achieved during the week of December 8. The Great Vault will award item level 226 for completing Mythic Keystone +14, and other completion item levels can be viewed in the Mythic Keystone tab of the Dungeons and Raid window once the season begins.

For this first week of the Season in PvP, item-level upgrades of Conquest equipment are capped at item level 220, requiring Rival (rank 4). Starting with the second week, (again that’s December 15 in this region), item level upgrades of Conquest equipment are uncapped. There are no caps on the Great Vault’s PvP considerations. Duelists (rank 5) or higher will receive item level 226 equipment from the Great Vault.

Good luck out there!

But I thought we cleansed ourselves of pride back in Mists of Pandaria? I guess being the Ashbringer really went to our heads.

Question: If I do zero pvp and zero m+, but I kill 10 normal raidbosses... what ilevel do I get then on my 3 options?

So this means, that people that raid and do mythic dungeons are still better off then people who wants to pvp? ... great, what a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Question: If I do zero pvp and zero m+, but I kill 10 normal raidbosses... what ilevel do I get then on my 3 options?
    I believe you get a piece of gear from that loot table meaning up to 207

Am I still only getting one piece of gear or are these options separate, also if I complete a +10 and then do 9 +2s am I going to get 3 options based on the +10 lootable at the great vault or how does this actually work

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh.. they just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    But I thought we cleansed ourselves of pride back in Mists of Pandaria? I guess being the Ashbringer really went to our heads.
    Is that actually true? I paid no attention to lore/story but that would actually upset me if they forget these things when making content. (now that I know it)

Quote Originally Posted by ManlyMan View Post
    So this means, that people that raid and do mythic dungeons are still better off then people who wants to pvp? ... great, what a joke.
    If they raid and do mythic+ then yes. They are doing 2 if the three streams. I don't know why you are surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

You still only get one item so why does that matter? PvP loot table is way smaller than PvE so it only makes sense that m+ and raids get 6 items to choose from.

they releasing pvp season with this ridiculous burst? versality does literally nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Sigh.. they just don't get it.
    So - it's kinda weird.

Complete 1 Mythic - You get a reward with ilvl based on your highest completed key.

Complete 4/10 Mythic - You get a reward with ilvl based on the lowest level key you complete in the top 4/10 dungeons you complete, so if you did 10, 10, 9, 8, 8, 6, 4, 3, 1, 1 You would get the options of a mythic 10, a mythic 8, and a mythic 1 piece of loot.

which is still useful if you get your 10th wrist slot for mythic+10...

and you still get to choose only 1 item from the great vault, no matter if you complete 1 x 9 or one in each row or all 9 activities listed in the great vault... which is fine... it is intended to give you options for repeat offenders.... bad luck protection

How is this an issue?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

This looks terrible

So they didnt put in a rank 6 for elite/glad people?

So basically HC raids which are braindead mechanics and are easily cleared in the 1st week and then just afk loot the rest of the weeks award better loot than actually hard dungeons at high levels. The loot from m+ 10 and higher should AT LEAST be on par with hc raiding. For mythic there are also points to be made but as a mythic raider the time and effort you put into progression and loot eventually is understandable and therefore should be rewarded. Just a bad decision all around for me