Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    It literally will hinder your progress though if you are a worse player you still need to pass the same threshold as better players and corruption isn't here to carry people over the finish line this tier.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't raid or do any competitive content sure the night fae might contribute more to your mogs per hour stat.
    If you arent aware how much the top end raiders value stats like absorb effects, mobility, stamina etc, then why spend time here making ignorant comments when you can read up on how the game works? ������

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    This thread, posted in bad faith, is a waste of space.

OP hasn't even played Shadowlands. Why are you all wasting time on this nonsense?
    Since this is the best question in this entire thread, then I will stop replying or even read this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    If you arent aware how much the top end raiders value stats like absorb effects, mobility, stamina etc, then why spend time here making ignorant comments when you can read up on how the game works? ������

- - - Updated - - -

Since this is the best question in this entire thread, then I will stop replying or even read this thread.
    If you aren't aware blizz can't balance with those absorbs in mind or necro becomes literally required. Good players only need absorbs for choreographed damage because they don't stand in bad. Choreographed damage can't be in excess of the amount of cooldowns a raid would have or you do force people to go necro. Damage is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    If you aren't aware blizz can't balance with those absorbs in mind or necro becomes literally required. Good players only need absorbs for choreographed damage because they don't stand in bad. Choreographed damage can't be in excess of the amount of cooldowns a raid would have or you do force people to go necro. Damage is what matters.
    Seems like you have never raided at any challenging level that you think good players don't get damage because they don't stand in shit lol. Mite as well not pick any healers to squad or maybe one to keep tank alive.

People like you keep ending up in guild full of dps whores with no idea about solving problems (tactics lol, wtf is that) so their only solution is to keep banging head against wall. Sad part is that squad keeps rotation fast as more intelligent players keeps leaving to find better guilds until guild falls apart totally. Of course abnormal amount of pull counter is norm so to keep up with "worse" guilds they have to keep playing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It's really interesting that they can tell you what spec these characters are. My character is not a Brewmaster, Windwalker, or Mistweaver. She is a Monk. I wonder how they determined these stats.
    So you leveled to 60 without selecting a spec? Odd way to play, but whatever floats your boat.

(Your armory shows the spec you logged out as, the site acknowledges that the numbers are likely skewed to some degree by people logging out in off-specs).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    What you're all leaving out is the huge percentage that doesn't even raid above LFR, and doesn't dungeon above heroic, or doesn't even dungeon or raid.
    I'll be the first to admit that I don't do raiding outside of LFR and the occasional guild run if I'm on and have the time to raid with them. RL issues (school and more responsibilities on the homefront) have caused me to take a backseat to gaming most of the time. I have done a total of 3 mythics in my entire time in WoW. One was Bloodmaul Slag Mines in WOD and the other was Scarlet Halls in MOP. I have no interest in doing mythic or mythic+. I am content with seeing the story progress through LFR and cutscenes released on sites like this. I'm not pushing server/world firsts nor do I have any desire to do so. I got burned out with "hardcore" raiding by the time BC was over. I raided Naxx40 as a shadow priest (have about 6 splinters still in my bank to prove it) and earned Hand of A'dal on 3 different characters in BC (priest main, rogue alt, and warlock alt) with a 4th that was halfway through with the questline when it became unavailable and unnecessary. I happened to pick the covenant for my priest, DK, mage, and warlock based on an overall usefulness, rewards, and a little bit of looks. My priest just happened to pick what ended up being THE covenant for holy priests simply because I didn't like how the others played.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It's really interesting that they can tell you what spec these characters are. My character is not a Brewmaster, Windwalker, or Mistweaver. She is a Monk. I wonder how they determined these stats.
    Yes she is a "monk" but she is also a brewmaster MONK or windwalker MONK or a mistweaver MONK not simply a MONK. They determined your spec based on what pulls from armory when you logged out as that spec. As far as what specs are listed under mythic dungeon progression, that's locked in when you finish a mythic as a certain spec and records all of the 5 people's specs once it registers you've completed it. Its the same way that even the WoW website shows the leaderboard for each of the specs all 5 people were when the mythic finished. WoW website as in the official WoW leaderboard listed.

As a priest, I'm not going kyrian, no matter what. I just can't stand ascended blast, the ability is just so clunky (I started as kyrian, but swapped to venthyr. Mind games is so much more fun)

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Doesnt matter unless you are doing world first.
    100% fucking this. Why people go apeshit over meaningless stats is beyond me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    As a priest, I'm not going kyrian, no matter what. I just can't stand ascended blast, the ability is just so clunky (I started as kyrian, but swapped to venthyr. Mind games is so much more fun)
    Not sure where you're getting your info on what's the best covenants for priests but none of them put Kyrian as top choice. For all three specs its Necro (holy and shadow) or Venthyr (disc or if you switch between shadow and either healing spec). As you pointed out, Ascended Blast is a rather clunky spell to use for any of the specs. It triggers a 1 second GCD while the GCD for everything else is 1.5 so you literally have to wait .5 sec to cast crap with it. The only time that Kyrian is recommended is for disc in a M+ environment or for shadow at lower keys but not higher keys or any other environment. Necro's Unholy Nova is just way too good to pass up but Venthyr's Mindgames is a decent second choice if you plan on doing some PvP too because that's a pretty bad ass debuff to give someone in a PvP fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    What's with the extreme analogy? This is a video game that yes, has competitive aspects to it, but unless you're playing at a certain level (the top 1%) then you can show up to fight a dragon with a suboptimal ability if you like that ability more because it's not going to hinder your progress.
    The point of this extreme analogy is that picking definitive gains, even if you are not world class elite, is still a gain that makes your life and that of your team easier under most circumstances. The argument that only the 1% should care while you drag your team down on the other hand is an asinine argument, because saying yes to a covenant is a way easier than overcoming any limitations of skill and there are definitive differences between covenants. For some classes these are <3%, which admitteldy is not much, for others this gap is upwards of >8%.

Btw I have only picked suboptimal covenants myself so far, but that does not mean I like it. These numbers also show that many other people don't like it and way more people will blindly follow guides instead. I just can't stand this limp wristed argument "that only the 1 % need to care".
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Original thread 10 minutes after Covenants were announced
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...nts-now/348779

and now the results:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=319716/...io#wowranks-io

As has been predicted from the day this feature was announced even with heavy nerfs people would have to be willing to purposely gimp themselves in PVP and PVE just for an aesthetic choice. Once Raider IO takes over the expansions tomorrow this will get far worse not including raiding.

Out of the source information I can count 10 specs (not at 50% concentrated) that have an option on what they want to play but some of those are before impending nerfs that will force the players to optimize their Covenant choices.

Why Blizzard why did you do this? For those of you enjoying the expansion I say great and have fun but the freight train is coming in the form of FARRRR more power unlocks, gear scaling making the differences far more stark and far more access to meaningful abilities.
    you are way overegzagerating

people can easily clear mythic +10 and hc raids with whatever covenant they want

honestly game would be better if sites like wowhead/raider.io were taken down from internet and people figured it out on individual accord.

those are cancer to the game in my opinion even though they are so convinient when for example you are stuck on quest- but they reduce players information to "lol check it on wowhead"

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Not sure where you're getting your info on what's the best covenants for priests but none of them put Kyrian as top choice. For all three specs its Necro (holy and shadow) or Venthyr (disc or if you switch between shadow and either healing spec). As you pointed out, Ascended Blast is a rather clunky spell to use for any of the specs. It triggers a 1 second GCD while the GCD for everything else is 1.5 so you literally have to wait .5 sec to cast crap with it. The only time that Kyrian is recommended is for disc in a M+ environment or for shadow at lower keys but not higher keys or any other environment. Necro's Unholy Nova is just way too good to pass up but Venthyr's Mindgames is a decent second choice if you plan on doing some PvP too because that's a pretty bad ass debuff to give someone in a PvP fight.
    What I meant was I'm not going kyrian again regardless of any balance changes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    What I meant was I'm not going kyrian again regardless of any balance changes.
    Oh I totally get what you're saying. I didn't like their storyline when I was going through the to-60 campaign and sided with Uther and them more than the Kyrian even you you take out the whole covenant powers crap lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Numbers change, looks don't (not in video games anyway). I wouldn't worry about it.
    Numbers might change, but the mechanics behind those numbers rarely do... and for many specs, that’s been the problem since day 1.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you are way overegzagerating

people can easily clear mythic +10 and hc raids with whatever covenant they want

honestly game would be better if sites like wowhead/raider.io were taken down from internet and people figured it out on individual accord.

those are cancer to the game in my opinion even though they are so convinient when for example you are stuck on quest- but they reduce players information to "lol check it on wowhead"
    No,no we are going to keep using math.

It's time for everyone's favorite game next week though waking up the Tuesday after that and finding out if you were nerfed hard enough that you have to reroll your covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    No,no we are going to keep using math.

It's time for everyone's favorite game next week though waking up the Tuesday after that and finding out if you were nerfed hard enough that you have to reroll your covenant.
    I'm not so sure about that. I think they will just let it be like this since the playerbase clearly told them "we use guides anyway" and they'd upset alot less people by just letting the bad ones stay bad.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. I think they will just let it be like this since the playerbase clearly told them "we use guides anyway" and they'd upset alot less people by just letting the bad ones stay bad.
    I don't think they can... I know most people dont sim without being spoon fed but there are some massive imbalances at the moment. I would be very surprised if they didn't tune it after getting heroic data.

I read somewhere that the difference between the very best covenant with the best possible soulbinds and the worst covenant with the best possible soulbinds is usually about... 200 dps.

Quite literally nobody cares. You gimp your team harder by not paying for the very fastest internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar45 View Post
    I read somewhere that the difference between the very best covenant with the best possible soulbinds and the worst covenant with the best possible soulbinds is usually about... 200 dps.

Quite literally nobody cares. You gimp your team harder by not paying for the very fastest internet.
    "You read somewhere". This is wrong. Take a look at the actual sims out there already. https://bloodmallet.com/ is a great resource to show you how wrong you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

"Restoration Druid has a massive 87.65% of players as Night Fae, and Holy Paladins also has a massive 89% of players as Kyrian. This is likely due to the strength of these Covenant abilities for their spec"

It's probably due to both of those matching lore and aesthetics to the covenant. People that min-max are a minority. Moat people I know went for their covenant due to story, aesthetics or how fun the ability was.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Anyone who rejects someone for their covenant is dumb unless you are a top 200 world raider. Thats my opinion. You can clear any mythic raid with any covenant once properly geared.
    right? i mean for some specs the difference can be big but for most its less than single talent, and last time someone was checking my talents before inviting to group was probably... never? spec, sometimes, but not the talents, and even the spec only occasionaly
    and ofc with reasonable guild it matters even less
    Last edited by Lolites; 2020-12-08 at 07:23 AM.