Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Florida manipulates its Covid data, raids home of whistleblower.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/7/2...blower-florida

So, Florida had a data tracking system (praised by Federal authorities) for Covid cases built by a data scientist, when the number of cases started sky rocketing DeSantis&Florida Republicans started pressuring her to start manipulating the data to make the pandemic seem less serious. When she refused and disclosed that she was being pressured to manipulate the data she was promptly fired.

Since then she has been giving personal updates on what's happening in Florida, and she allegedly contacted other scientists still working for the state asking them to be honest about their data to save lives.

Now the Republicans sent the Gestapo to her home, guns drawn (cuz you know, those pesky data scientists might assault you with facts and a spreadsheet) on her kids to take all her tech, to obviously silence her.

Republicans, just one pesky election away from Fascism.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2020-12-08 at 01:18 AM.

She did an interview on CNN tonight. The most frightening thing she said:

On my phone is every communication I've ever had with someone who works for the state who has come to me in confidence and told me things that could get them fired or in trouble like this. And I just want to say to all those people right now, if he doesn't know already, DeSantis will know soon enough that you've been talking to me. So be careful.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

Republicans, just one pesky election away from Fascism.
    Naw they are Fascist. Matt Gaetz looks like he is a brown shirt leader or member.

I am barely giving this as much little doubt as I can. The reason I say this is because it is so sensational. Yes, I believe since we new back in beginning of summer or whenever, Florida/DeSantis was fudging the numbers on deaths. Having science and data cannot be tolerated in the Ignorant Party.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    The Gestapo must track down all the dissenters after all.

If the GOP says there's no Covid, there's no Covid! And those who disagree are traitors.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's no secret that Desantis is a massive Trump sycophant. It stands to reason that he wanted to suppress information of its mishandling and mismanagement to downplay the effects of COVID and it making him, Trump and the GOP look bad.

I'm not sure if it was intentionally levied as much at trying to make Trump look good for the election to try and deliver a Trump victory through Florida specifically, (Florida, thank God, ended up being unimportant,) as much as it is a "he's being the mayor from jaws not wanting to shut down the beaches," knowing that a large chunk of Florida's economy prospers, or fails, on the tourism industry.

Here in Orlando, people seem to be taking social distancing measures and mask orders pretty well, though at this point in time I basically only exist between my desk job, my house, and stores when I need to buy groceries, so i can't speak to Florida in a broader sense or any areas more heavily and casually trafficked by people.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-12-08 at 04:08 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Is this legal? I don't see what justification this raid was carried out on?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Is this legal? I don't see what justification this raid was carried out on?
    “This morning FDLE served a search warrant at a residence on Centerville Court in Tallahassee, the home of Rebekah Jones. FDLE began an investigation November 10, 2020 after receiving a complaint from the Department of Health regarding unauthorized access to a Department of Health messaging system which is part of an emergency alert system, to be used for emergencies only. Agents believe someone at the residence on Centerville Court illegally accessed the system.

When agents arrived, they knocked on the door and called Ms. Jones in an attempt to minimize disruption to the family. Ms. Jones refused to come to the door for 20 minutes and hung-up on agents. After several attempts and verbal notifications that law enforcement officers were there to serve a legal search warrant, Ms. Jones eventually came to the door and allowed agents to enter. Ms. Jones family was upstairs when agents made entry into the home.
    Official comment from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Well looks like things are really starting to kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ok yea she asked for it if that is the case.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I would bet that DeSantis authorities were just waiting for a reason (real/imagined/manufactured) to jump on her and shut down the Florida Truth Machine. It's curious because something like accessing a secure server is something so easily verified via tech that to use that as their justification seems either a stalling mechanism or for some reason she actually did it.

I sincerely hope she's back online soon with donated tech or she's financially situated to just get new stuff and back to generating the Florida Truth Update.

Fuck Florida.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    The Gestapo must track down all the dissenters after all.

If the GOP says there's no Covid, there's no Covid! And those who disagree are traitors.
    It is truly terrifying what Trump's world would have looked like had he stolen the election. I ran into one of his disciples and they are just batshit crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    On my phone is every communication I've ever had with someone who works for the state who has come to me in confidence and told me things that could get them fired or in trouble like this. And I just want to say to all those people right now, if he doesn't know already, DeSantis will know soon enough that you've been talking to me. So be careful.
    Indeed terrifying. The G.O.P. - Gestapo Of Politics. Agree with them or face the ovens - not quite there yet, but we can see it over the horizon. Remember those armed dissenters at the SecState of Michigan?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I would bet that DeSantis authorities were just waiting for a reason (real/imagined/manufactured) to jump on her and shut down the Florida Truth Machine. It's curious because something like accessing a secure server is something so easily verified via tech that to use that as their justification seems either a stalling mechanism or for some reason she actually did it.
    Based on the OP's link:
    According to an affidavit provided to us by the FDLE, law enforcement believes that Jones or someone at her address was the one who sent it. We’re not publishing the affidavit because it contains lots of personally identifying information, but the FDLE claims the message was sent from a Comcast IP associated with her home address and email address, and the affidavit asks permission to seize and search all computer equipment police might find.
    So if that is true, seems like she did it. And if what he FDLE claims about how the warrant was executed (20 minutes before she let them in) it seems that her "response" to the warrant is pretty staged. She has also already set up a GoFundMe seeking $150,000 for a new computer and legal expenses.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    Based on the OP's link:
    According to an affidavit provided to us by the FDLE, law enforcement believes that Jones or someone at her address was the one who sent it. We’re not publishing the affidavit because it contains lots of personally identifying information, but the FDLE claims the message was sent from a Comcast IP associated with her home address and email address, and the affidavit asks permission to seize and search all computer equipment police might find.
    So if that is true, seems like she did it. And if what he FDLE claims about how the warrant was executed (20 minutes before she let them in) it seems that her "response" to the warrant is pretty staged. She has also already set up a GoFundMe seeking $150,000 for a new computer and legal expenses.
    So it's based entirely on secret evidence. Hope they didn't fuck it up. She'll need more than $150k for legal expenses and body guards. Florida is a fucking shithole.

So it's based entirely on secret evidence. Hope they didn't fuck it up. She'll need more than $150k for legal expenses and body guards. Florida is a fucking shithole.
    It's not secret evidence. The affidavit likely has a lot of the actual details, probably right down to the exact IP address and email address. The news agency just declined to publish it because it's also filled with other personal details. You can see it with most of the presonal stuff blurred out here.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    It's not secret evidence. The affidavit likely has a lot of the actual details, probably right down to the exact IP address and email address. The news agency just declined to publish it because it's also filled with other personal details. You can see it with most of the presonal stuff blurred out here.
    Huh, interesting. Thanks for the link. The affidavit seems pretty straight forward. I would be curious to see if someone hijacked her wifi as a set up. And normally I'm not out here in a bit of left field, but this is not only the GOP, but the FL GOP, with DeSantis slobbering over Trump's tiny hands and doing his every bidding.

This raid on her home is eerily familiar with what the Chinese government did to that whistle blower doctor in Wuhan when they silenced him by killing him. Guess Trump and Xi have something in common, other than Ivanka's many Chinese business trademarks, Ivanka's children singing the Chinese national anthem to Xi in Mandarin while receiving praise from Sean Hannity, and China smashing their export record in 2020 thanks to Trump's "TOUGH on CHINA" fee fee failed trade war. Boy does Tucker Carlson look like an idiot after those China numbers? Has anyone been more wrong on every fucking issue of the past 4 years than Tucker? No I didn't think so.

Stuff from a right wing person: CONSPIRACY THEORY!
    Stuff from a left wing person: ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Stuff from a right wing person: CONSPIRACY THEORY!
    Stuff from a left wing person: ABSOLUTE TRUTH!
    *Lord Farquaad voice* Look, the person who believes in ancient aliens is commenting on what constitutes a credible source.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Surprised she wasnt killed like some other Whistleblower.

the affidavit says all of the registered users shared the same username and password.
    /screamsinAdministrator

I bet they also keep the Login info written on a Whiteboard. 20 bucks says the login goes like this.

Login: Domain\User1
    Password: Passw0rd!
    Password hint: Passw0rd!
    Last edited by Kotuthan; 2020-12-08 at 03:27 PM.

i thought all of America was fudging the numbers TBH, but id just put it down to how few Americans know how to count that high

how many freedom units of your own people have you lot gotten killed so far this year?

Huh, interesting. Thanks for the link. The affidavit seems pretty straight forward. I would be curious to see if someone hijacked her wifi as a set up. And normally I'm not out here in a bit of left field, but this is not only the GOP, but the FL GOP, with DeSantis slobbering over Trump's tiny hands and doing his every bidding.
    I wouldn't put it past them to try and do something like that. Even if they did though, her response to the warrant seems odd, and things don't seem to line up with her account.

- Her first post was that they raided her home, pointed a gun in her face, at at her kids
    - She has since said they pointed a gun six inches from her face, and at the face of her 2 year old
    - The footage in her video was camera she specifically placed to record the encounter because she thought she was going to be arrested

She posted a 31 second video of the encounter. Why only 31 seconds, who knows. But it is what we have to work with until any body camera footage is released (hard to tell from the clip if they they were wearing body cameras, as it is a bit dark).

- Neither of the two officers who are first at the door had their guns pointed her.
    - No officer is actually shown in the video pointing a gun at her
    - The first officer to enter doesn't even have a gun in their hand.
    - They ask if anyone else is home, and her response was "my two children and my husband"
    - They ask where her husband is.
    - Her response is "You want the children now?"
    - The first officer then walks inside, pulls his gun from the holster, but does not raise it in the video
    - The second officer who comes inside (the video doesn't show when his gun was drawn), points his gun upstairs for 5 seconds, at which point from outside she yells "you just pointed a gun at my children".
    - The video ends without showing where the husband or kids actually were.

So the video that she specifically set up to take, which she only released a portion of, doesn't actually validate any of the claims she made. This also assumes that the only delay in her answering the door (per her own words), was the time to set up the camera.

If what the FDLE claims is true, that they were there for 20 minutes (which will come out eventually in court via phone records from either side), then this whole situation looks very, very staged on her part.

As with all open investigations, I'll wait and see what more information is brought out. Right now, I don't really believe either side.